Sex is always a touchy subject, and even more so as we age.
But before you go thinking its possible your steamiest days are behind you, science has revealed its far from a sexual desert as we head toward our dotage.
In fact as it turns out, the older we get, the more we’re likely to enjoy sex.
According to new research once we hit our mid-thirties, 36 to be precise, we’re in for the time of our lives.
While we won’t necessarily be having more sex, we will be having the best sex and quite possibly the highest number of orgasms.
And it keeps getting better too apparently, or at least that’s what findings from a survey by contraceptive app Natural Cycles on 2,600 women have shown.
While you’d be forgiven for thinking biology is behind all this, the key to great sex is actually all in the attitude.
As women age, confidence increases. And while this doesn’t automatically translate into great sex, it does mean that on the whole we’re a whole lot more relaxed.
In fact as women approached their 40s, they rated themselves 10 per cent more confident than 23 – 36-year-olds in terms of how confident and happy they were with their appearance.
Women aged 23 and young, experienced far few orgasms, the study found.
Even if you’re well past 30, it’s likely you’re still enjoying a fairly active sex life, according to a separate study.
The research revealed that at least half of the women who took part were having sex well into their older age, with the majority reporting having an orgasm.
The best part: satisfaction just keeps getting better with age.
- BodyThe simple way to treat ageing skin concerns at home
Now To LoveToday 4:40pm
- TVCarolyn Taylor's epiphany since her return to TV on Dancing With The Stars
Woman's DayToday 2:00pm
- BodyThese common myths about sleep could be compromising your health
Now To LoveToday 1:00pm
- BodyEverything you need to know about measles and how to beat the disease
Woman's DayToday 7:00am
- FitnessHow our body clocks influence how effectively we exercise
Now To LoveToday 6:00am
- FamilyEight foodie road trip adventures that your family will love
Now To LoveYesterday 5:00pm
- Diet & NutritionIs margarine actually bad for you? Four myths busted
Now To LoveYesterday 4:00pm
- At homeHow the right retirement village enabled mum to be mum again
Now To LoveYesterday 2:25pm
- RoyalsPrince Harry's stunning wildlife photography is revealed in celebration of Earth Day
Now To LoveYesterday 11:31am
- RoyalsNew house, new baby, new continent? Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan look set to be moving to Africa
Now To LoveYesterday 9:25am
- Married at First SightMarried at First Sight NZ's Dan and Yuki: 'We're more in love than ever'
Woman's DayYesterday 9:20am
- RoyalsHow the Royal Family spent the day on the Queen’s 93rd birthday
Now To LoveYesterday 9:15am
- CareerThe Kiwi couple who are making comfy prosthetic breasts
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- At homeWhy a magazine subscription is the perfect gift for you or someone you love
Now To LoveYesterday 9:00am
- CareerAnnabelle White's recipe to living a happy, contented life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 8:42am