If anyone was going to be a 'cool' ex-wife it would be Gwyneth Paltrow.
With her and first husband Chris Martin's 'conscious uncoupling' the couple probably became Hollywood's first to manage divorce amicably.
They continued to be friends. Chris held on to his house key so that he could come and go to see their kids, Apple and Moses, as he pleased. The foursome carried on enjoying family holidays together. And Chris and his new partner Dakota Johnson famously attended not only Gwyneth's wedding with her new husband Brad Falchuk, but also the honeymoon. Oh, and the kids came too.
So really it's no surprise to hear that Gwyneth has taken to social media to wish Chris' partner Dakota a very happy birthday.
Gwyneth posted a gorgeous black and white image of Dakota on her Instagram page with the sweetest of captions that even included a love heart: "Happy 30th birthday to this absolute gem 💙"
According to a Hollywood insider Gwyneth has a lot of time for Dakota.
The insider said: "Gwyneth really likes Dakota and she likes Chris and Dakota together as a couple. Dakota has always fit in really well and felt like part of the family when they all hang out. She's very mature, she's smart and she's interesting. They have a lot to talk about.
"Gwyneth doesn't get too involved in Chris' business but she does want him to be happy and supports him. She has seen how happy he is with Dakota and that's a good thing for everyone."
"They just want to see their parents around the dinner table, basically, so we just try to keep that."
Below, Gwyneth and Brad catch some 'alone time' on their honeymoon:
Meanwhile Gwyneth has previously shared that she feels "very lucky" that she and her ex-husband still get on so well and share the same values.
She said: "I think in our case we're very lucky because we see eye to eye. A lot of parents, and this is like a lot of consternation in marriages with functional and working, but parents don't see eye to eye on how to raise children, it's ya know, a common thing.
"I think Chris and I are lucky because we really agree fundamentally how to raise the children. We have similar principles and values."
Chris and Gwyneth separated in 2014 and Gwyneth explained that their decision to remain friends was for the sake of the kids.
"We just wanted to minimise the pain for the kids," she said.
- CareerRenee Zellweger on the similarities between her life and Judy Garland's
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:35am
- CareerMike McRoberts on his former glory days on the rugby field
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:00am
- Married at First SightJules Robinson takes aim at some of the new MAFS Australia cast
Now To LoveYesterday 5:40pm
- Career'That pregnant runner' Alysia Montaño signs sponsorship deal with Kiwi company Cadenshae
Now To LoveYesterday 5:00pm
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine and Prince William have shared unseen footage of their royal tour of Pakistan
Now To LoveYesterday 12:20pm
- RoyalsPrince Harry finally addresses rumours of a rift with Prince William
Now To LoveYesterday 11:00am
- DestinationsFive must-do family-friendly walks from around the North Island
Now To LoveYesterday 8:45am
- RelationshipsA sex therapist shares her top tips on how to boost your sex life
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 8:30am
- Body6 reasons why it's the perfect time to spring clean your health
Good Health ChoicesOct 20, 2019
- CareerHow Silver Fern Katrina Rore has found balance after a whirlwind and emotional year
Woman's DayOct 20, 2019
- MindShortland Street's Rebekah Palmer on life after loss and finding happiness in the small things
Good Health ChoicesOct 19, 2019
- MindBest-selling author Gwendoline Smith: the truth about depression
The Australian Women's WeeklyOct 19, 2019
- CareerRachel Hunter's spiritual awakening: Sexy, single, soulful and fabulous at 50
Woman's DayOct 19, 2019