In January 2016, Celine Dion lost her beloved husband, René Angélil, who passed away at age 73. René, who had been Dion's manager since she was just a teenager, was battling throat cancer for several years when he died of a heart attack.
And now, speaking with [The Project] in Australia, the 49-year-old singer-songwriter has revealed that the love of her life spent his last years in "agony."
"For three years my husband did not have a sip of water or food. He was eating through a tube," she told journalist Lisa Wilkinson in the emotional new interview.
She added: "The only thing I hoped while he was in three years of agony -- I wanted him to live in peace. I wanted him to feel so light and no worries. He had a little heart attack, it's so quick, he didn't even feel anything. I thought that he was like liberated from his pain."
The "My Heart Will Go On" hitmaker also explained how René, to whom she was married for 21 happy years, continues to occupy her whole world.
"He taught me everything. He's the only man I've seen. He's the only man I've loved. I've never kissed another man in my life," she admitted.
René fought a long battle with cancer before passing away from a heart attack back in 2016, and Celine recently explained that she's she's still very much in a state of mourning.
"I think I will probably grieve for the rest of my life," Celine said in an interview with The Sun.
"Rene has prepared me for all my life since I'm 12. I have never met another man in my life, never kissed another man in my life."
"I miss him a lot. I miss him a lot — for my partner, for the man I was embracing, kissing, making love with. My worries, my dreams . . . "
When pressed as to whether she could ever move on with another love, Celine, who recently announced a concert in New Zealand in August, explained that she isn't yet ready.
"Now it is definitely too soon for me," she said. "I am definitely in love with [René], married to him."
"He's the love of my life," she continued. "It's very difficult for me to see myself with another person. The love that I have for him, I live it every day. And as a woman, we do have emotions and feelings that come and go. And it's always with him."
The couple shared sons René-Charles Angélil, 17, and twins Eddy and Nelson Angélil, 7.
- BodyRadio host Sarah Gandy has been diagnosed with breast cancer
Now To LoveToday 12:13pm
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan has jetted off to NYC for her baby shower
Now To LoveToday 11:36am
- FertilityTips for couples who are trying to conceive and not pregnant yet
Now To LoveToday 11:19am
- Pregnancy & BirthGemma McCaw's praise for the midwife who delivered baby Charlotte
Woman's DayToday 7:00am
- MoneyOnline shopping fails - Kiwi consumers' hilarious tales
Now To LoveYesterday 4:00pm
- Celebrity NewsHarper Beckham and Anna Wintour's priceless twinning moment
Now To LoveYesterday 2:28pm
- RoyalsPrince William and Prince Harry are reportedly splitting their royal household after 10 years together
Now To LoveYesterday 12:15pm
- RoyalsHappy Birthday Prince Andrew: 7 things you may not know about the Duke of York
Now To LoveYesterday 9:30am
- Destinations CitiesThe all-women Bali retreat that saved my soul after my fiancé left me
The Australian Women's WeeklyFeb 17, 2019
- BodyWhy Olivia Newton-John isn't letting battling cancer for the third time get her down
Good Health ChoicesFeb 17, 2019
- Married at First SightMAFS baby on board? Reports suggest this bride is already pregnant
Now To LoveFeb 17, 2019