Gwyneth Paltrow's first inaugural Goop Health Summit this weekend kicked off with some considerable star power on the bill - and along with Miranda Kerr opening up about her intimate backyard wedding to Snapchat founder Evan Spiegel, Cameron Diaz is also sharing her own words of wisdom about marriage.
When asked by Gwyneth about what kept her from getting hitched until she was in her forties, Cameron - who wed Good Charlotte rocker Benji Madden in 2015 when she was 41 years old - had a heartwarming response.
“I think it’s a matter of I just hadn’t met my husband, you know?” she began.
“I had boyfriends before. And there’s a really, really distinct difference between husbands and boyfriends. And I have a husband who is just my partner in life and in everything.”
(Ex-boyfriends including Keanu Reeves, Gerard Butler, Bradley Cooper and Jared Leto, FYI.)
She then went on to talk about the pair’s differences – and how these differences make her and Benji’s relationship stronger.
“Talk about two very different people!” she continued.
“We are so different from one another, but we share the same values — we’re totally two peas in a pod.”
“We are both just weird enough for each other.”
“We women are objectified so much,” Cameron kept on.
“Somehow my husband has just been able to kind of show me what it’s like not to have that be a part of a relationship, and being an equal.”
- WeddingsBride quits job to plan her dream wedding and demands her fiancé get a second job
Now To LoveToday 2:00pm
- BodyKaty Perry and Orlando Bloom's new age secret to staying young
Now To LoveToday 12:30pm
- RoyalsWhy we’re unlikely to see much of Duchess Catherine and Prince William over the coming month
Now To LoveYesterday 12:30pm
- WeddingsA wedding photographer has sparked heated debate after urging wedding guests to put away their phones
Now To LoveYesterday 11:00am
- Real LifeYoung dad's incredible feat to save his family from certain death
Woman's DayYesterday 9:30am
- CareerThe tough Kiwi women who are running organisations that were traditionally 'boys' clubs'
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:17am
- FamilyShortland Street's Laurel Devenie introduces her gorgeous new arrival to the world
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- Relationships9 common dating mistakes - and how you can avoid making them
Now To LoveJul 15, 2019
- TVThe Block NZ's Sophia and Mikaere disqualified after cheating scandal
Now To LoveJul 15, 2019
- FamilyRobbie Magasiva opens up about the devastating loss of his beloved brother Pua
Woman's DayJul 15, 2019