Gwyneth Paltrow's first inaugural Goop Health Summit this weekend kicked off with some considerable star power on the bill - and along with Miranda Kerr opening up about her intimate backyard wedding to Snapchat founder Evan Spiegel, Cameron Diaz is also sharing her own words of wisdom about marriage.
When asked by Gwyneth about what kept her from getting hitched until she was in her forties, Cameron - who wed Good Charlotte rocker Benji Madden in 2015 when she was 41 years old - had a heartwarming response.
“I think it’s a matter of I just hadn’t met my husband, you know?” she began.
“I had boyfriends before. And there’s a really, really distinct difference between husbands and boyfriends. And I have a husband who is just my partner in life and in everything.”
(Ex-boyfriends including Keanu Reeves, Gerard Butler, Bradley Cooper and Jared Leto, FYI.)
She then went on to talk about the pair’s differences – and how these differences make her and Benji’s relationship stronger.
“Talk about two very different people!” she continued.
“We are so different from one another, but we share the same values — we’re totally two peas in a pod.”
“We are both just weird enough for each other.”
“We women are objectified so much,” Cameron kept on.
“Somehow my husband has just been able to kind of show me what it’s like not to have that be a part of a relationship, and being an equal.”
- RoyalsInside a play date with Prince George and Princess Charlotte at Kensington Palace
Now To LoveYesterday 3:40pm
- PetsThe online pet product delivery service that just made your life easier
Now To LoveYesterday 2:00pm
- RoyalsIs this a clue that Duchess Meghan is relaunching her lifestyle blog The Tig?
Now To LoveYesterday 11:15am
- CareerFrom Shortland Street to water births: Katherine McRae's new focus
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:09am
- RoyalsNew book details the lives of the photographers who captured the royals behind closed doors
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- FamilyNadene Lomu's tearful confession: Pushed to breaking point after Jonah's death
Woman's DayYesterday 7:45am
- EntertainmentWoman's Day Bonds X-Temp hottest media hunk has been crowned
Woman's DaySep 16, 2019
- TVThe top five moments from Celebrity Treasure Island this week
Now To LoveSep 15, 2019
- CareerHelen Mirren on why being old is 'cool' and marriage is great
The Australian Women's WeeklySep 15, 2019