There is beauty to be found in all creatures, great and small. Even chickens.
Yes, that's right. You've probably not thought about chickens in this way before but they are actually rather breath-taking birds.
Italian photographers Moreno Monti and Matteo Tranchellini think so too - in fact they believe chickens are underrated and began a portrait project called Chic!ken to show the world how stunning this farm bird can be.
See, look (above). You can imagine chickens being used as inspiration on Project Runway for a couture assignment.
Moreno and Matteo have taken more than 200 portraits, some of which you can see on their Instagram page @chicken_ph. The images have proven so stunning they've handpicked a selection to feature in a hardback photobook, Chicken: The Book.
The book can be pre-ordered on a Kickstarter campaign page that Moreno and Matteo have set up. You can also buy limited edition fine art prints, hilarious posters, chicken postcards, collectible journals, and "a sexy calendar for adults only."
It was Matteo who discovered the beauty of chickens first when in 2013, while searching for a Concincina hen for his studio garden in Milan, he met a farmer who invited him to an aviary exhibition. It was at the exhibition that he found the perfect Concincina hen for him - he named her Jessicah - but was also inspired by the beauty of the other fowls (unfortunate word) before him. He felt compelled to capture their beauty on camera.
Teaming up with Moreno, the pair began shooting (not literally) hens and roosters at bird shows.
"We felt like chickens had been waiting for their moment in the spotlight," they explain on their Kickstarter campaign.
For concerned animal lovers, the photographers reassure: "None of these beauties were harmed, forced, or leashed."
They told My Modern Met chickens make excellent models:
"They were just themselves and had a natural ability to move in front of the camera."
Well, we'll be feathered.
- Family8 foodie road trip adventures that your family will love
Now To LoveToday 5:00pm
- Diet & NutritionIs margarine actually bad for you? Four myths busted
Now To LoveToday 4:00pm
- At homeHow the right retirement village enabled mum to be mum again
Now To LoveToday 2:25pm
- RoyalsPrince Harry's stunning wildlife photography is revealed in celebration of Earth Day
Now To LoveToday 11:31am
- RoyalsHow the Royal Family spent the day on the Queen’s 93rd birthday
Now To LoveToday 9:15am
- CareerThe Kiwi couple who are making comfy prosthetic breasts
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:00am
- At homeWhy a magazine subscription is the perfect gift for you or someone you love
Now To LoveToday 9:00am
- CareerAnnabelle White's recipe to living a happy, contented life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 8:42am
- FamilyFamily meal inspiration: Jo Seagar's 'loaves and fishes' approach to family meals
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 12:00pm
- MindWhy travel memories play an important part in helping to develop our personality
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 10:00am
- TVDancing With The Stars' Manu Vatuvei's biggest fear when it comes to the dance floor
Woman's DayYesterday 8:00am
- Celebrity NewsDoting dad Ronan Keating enjoys a family day out at Auckland's waterfront
Woman's DayApr 21, 2019
- BodyMatilda Green talks motherhood, mental wellbeing and her plans for the future
Good Health ChoicesApr 21, 2019
- FitnessThese dance workouts will be so fun that you won't even feel like you're exercising
Good Health ChoicesApr 20, 2019
- RoyalsHappy birthday Her Majesty! Celebrating 93 years with Queen Elizabeth II
Now To LoveApr 20, 2019