There is beauty to be found in all creatures, great and small. Even chickens.
Yes, that's right. You've probably not thought about chickens in this way before but they are actually rather breath-taking birds.
Italian photographers Moreno Monti and Matteo Tranchellini think so too - in fact they believe chickens are underrated and began a portrait project called Chic!ken to show the world how stunning this farm bird can be.
See, look (above). You can imagine chickens being used as inspiration on Project Runway for a couture assignment.
Moreno and Matteo have taken more than 200 portraits, some of which you can see on their Instagram page @chicken_ph. The images have proven so stunning they've handpicked a selection to feature in a hardback photobook, Chicken: The Book.
The book can be pre-ordered on a Kickstarter campaign page that Moreno and Matteo have set up. You can also buy limited edition fine art prints, hilarious posters, chicken postcards, collectible journals, and "a sexy calendar for adults only."
It was Matteo who discovered the beauty of chickens first when in 2013, while searching for a Concincina hen for his studio garden in Milan, he met a farmer who invited him to an aviary exhibition. It was at the exhibition that he found the perfect Concincina hen for him - he named her Jessicah - but was also inspired by the beauty of the other fowls (unfortunate word) before him. He felt compelled to capture their beauty on camera.
Teaming up with Moreno, the pair began shooting (not literally) hens and roosters at bird shows.
"We felt like chickens had been waiting for their moment in the spotlight," they explain on their Kickstarter campaign.
For concerned animal lovers, the photographers reassure: "None of these beauties were harmed, forced, or leashed."
They told My Modern Met chickens make excellent models:
"They were just themselves and had a natural ability to move in front of the camera."
Well, we'll be feathered.
- RoyalsPrince Harry reveals he felt 'there was no option' but to leave royal life
Now To LoveToday 11:18am
- RoyalsMike and Zara Tindall open up about family life and why they consider Australia their 'second home'
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 11:00am
- Diet & NutritionWhich diet would work best for you according to your personality
Good Health ChoicesToday 8:00am
- RoyalsThe Queen confirms the Sussexes will no longer use their HRH titles in an update on their royal exit
Now To LoveYesterday 9:15am
- MindParalympian Sophie Pascoe opens up about her two-year private battle and why she tries to stay real on social media
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 7:57am
- Body8 Kiwi stars reveal their health, fitness and wellbeing goals for 2020
Good Health ChoicesJan 18, 2020
- MindHow to live a life less rushed: savouring the good times
NEXTJan 18, 2020
- CareerBrendan Cole's new X-Factor Celebrity gig and why he's happy to have the tables turned
Woman's DayJan 18, 2020
- CompetitionsWin $200 worth of back to school gift cards with Woman's Day
Now To LoveJan 17, 2020
- WeddingsSevens star Stacey Waaka's heavenly Waikato wedding
Woman's DayJan 17, 2020
- RoyalsThe cute moment Prince William mistakes a photo of himself for Princess Charlotte
Now To LoveJan 16, 2020
- Pregnancy & BirthMeet Jessica Mutch-McKay's sweet little bundle of joy Margaux
Woman's DayJan 16, 2020
- CompetitionsWin an amazing Dr. Hauschka pamper pack worth $530
Good Health ChoicesJan 16, 2020