The New Zealand Police have shown they're good at more than just keeping law and order with this dramatic image of a police dog leaping from out of a blue haze.
The dog in the image is police patrol dog Tane, six, "who loves working with handler Constable Stu Clarke in Tamaki Makaurau", and the image features in the NZ Police's 2020 Police Dog Trust Calendar.
We've been given a sneak peek - "out of the blue just for you" - on the NZ Police's Facebook and Instagram pages, with a behind-the-scenes explanation on how the incredible image was created.
The author of the social media posts claims, "There's no computer-generated trickery in this pawsome pic captured by forensic photographer Senior Constable Karl Bevin.
"The puff of blue was inspired by the colourful powders used in Holi festivals and Tane was happy to help, leaping off a ramp towards his toy held just out of reach by handler Stu as you can see in the behind the scenes shot."
The Police Dog Charitable Trust was established in 2005 with funds from the estate of the late Shirley Ellwood, and funds raised from calendar sales go towards buying "extras" such as therapy balls and play equipment for police pups and dog. The funds also help to pay for furthering research and study opportunities.
Sounds like a pawfectly good cause to us.
To purchase a calendar and enjoy a year's worth of great images by Karl and his photography colleagues, check out the 2020 Police Dog Trust Calendar website.
- Real LifeKiwi Mum's adventure: From America's Cup to Africa's Hero!
Now To LoveToday 8:00am
- Food & DrinksIf you love Scandi-style interiors then this latest kitchen trend is for you
Now To LoveYesterday 9:00am
- TVThe Apprentice NZ's Kennedy Anderson: 'I was fired from my own company!'
Woman's DayJun 17, 2021
- Celebrity NewsMark Richardson on turning 50 and making his mark on the world
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJun 13, 2021
- TVDrag Race Down Under’s Elektra Shock: From homeless to healed
Woman's DayJun 12, 2021
- Celebrity NewsSuzanne Paul's forever glow and the lessons she's learned
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJun 05, 2021
- Real LifeKiwi mum's transformation: Jules from MAFS changed my life!'
Woman's DayJun 04, 2021
- At homeHow to create a kids room that will last through the ages
Now To LoveJun 03, 2021