The New Zealand Police have shown they're good at more than just keeping law and order with this dramatic image of a police dog leaping from out of a blue haze.
The dog in the image is police patrol dog Tane, six, "who loves working with handler Constable Stu Clarke in Tamaki Makaurau", and the image features in the NZ Police's 2020 Police Dog Trust Calendar.
We've been given a sneak peek - "out of the blue just for you" - on the NZ Police's Facebook and Instagram pages, with a behind-the-scenes explanation on how the incredible image was created.
The author of the social media posts claims, "There's no computer-generated trickery in this pawsome pic captured by forensic photographer Senior Constable Karl Bevin.
"The puff of blue was inspired by the colourful powders used in Holi festivals and Tane was happy to help, leaping off a ramp towards his toy held just out of reach by handler Stu as you can see in the behind the scenes shot."
The Police Dog Charitable Trust was established in 2005 with funds from the estate of the late Shirley Ellwood, and funds raised from calendar sales go towards buying "extras" such as therapy balls and play equipment for police pups and dog. The funds also help to pay for furthering research and study opportunities.
Sounds like a pawfectly good cause to us.
To purchase a calendar and enjoy a year's worth of great images by Karl and his photography colleagues, check out the 2020 Police Dog Trust Calendar website.
- TVThe 10 most memorable entrances on The Bachelorette
Now To LoveToday 9:10pm
- FitnessRunning just once a week lowers your risk of early death - here's how to get started
Good Health ChoicesToday 10:00am
- CareerMeet Christine Fernyhough - the intrepid Auckland housewife who took on a high country farm and won
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 10:00am
- RelationshipsJay-Jay Feeney dishes on her sizzling summer with her 'toyboy' Minou
Woman's DayYesterday 8:00am
- MindHilary Barry's perfect clap back at a viewer: ‘Enough with the age-shaming’
Now To LoveJan 24, 2020
- Diet & NutritionDiet and ‘detox’ teas have been pulled from New Zealand shelves
Now To LoveJan 23, 2020
- CareerNigella Lawson's new direction at 60: 'I feel so much more open to anything and everything'
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJan 23, 2020
- WeddingsIt's love-all for tennis star Michael Venus as he marries the mother of his child
Woman's DayJan 23, 2020