The New Zealand Police have shown they're good at more than just keeping law and order with this dramatic image of a police dog leaping from out of a blue haze.
The dog in the image is police patrol dog Tane, six, "who loves working with handler Constable Stu Clarke in Tamaki Makaurau", and the image features in the NZ Police's 2020 Police Dog Trust Calendar.
We've been given a sneak peek - "out of the blue just for you" - on the NZ Police's Facebook and Instagram pages, with a behind-the-scenes explanation on how the incredible image was created.
The author of the social media posts claims, "There's no computer-generated trickery in this pawsome pic captured by forensic photographer Senior Constable Karl Bevin.
"The puff of blue was inspired by the colourful powders used in Holi festivals and Tane was happy to help, leaping off a ramp towards his toy held just out of reach by handler Stu as you can see in the behind the scenes shot."
The Police Dog Charitable Trust was established in 2005 with funds from the estate of the late Shirley Ellwood, and funds raised from calendar sales go towards buying "extras" such as therapy balls and play equipment for police pups and dog. The funds also help to pay for furthering research and study opportunities.
Sounds like a pawfectly good cause to us.
To purchase a calendar and enjoy a year's worth of great images by Karl and his photography colleagues, check out the 2020 Police Dog Trust Calendar website.
- At homeEntertaining with ease thanks to the latest tech products
Now To LoveToday 11:50am
- RoyalsTake a look back at Queen Elizabeth’s first televised Christmas message 62 years ago
Now To LoveToday 11:30am
- MindZac Guildford's candid confession about his battle with drugs and depression
Woman's DayToday 9:50am
- SkincareAcne and exfoliating: does it make your skin worse?
Now To LoveToday 8:00am
- RoyalsThe impact of having Sussex Royal follow you on Instagram
Now To LoveYesterday 3:00pm
- MakeupDo eyebrows grow back? How to regrow over plucked brows
Now To LoveYesterday 2:42pm
- FamilyThe new online shopping portal giving back to Kiwi charities
Now To LoveYesterday 1:11pm
- FamilyThe Topp Twins on facing their first Christmas without their beloved dad
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:50am
- CareerMeet the woman behind one of New Zealand's most classic Kiwi holiday tunes
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:44am
- PetsPet quirks and personalities: Finding the right pet for you and your family
Now To LoveYesterday 9:25am
- SkincareThe difference between natural and chemical sunscreen
- BodyRadio star Sarah Gandy celebrates beating breast cancer
Woman's DayYesterday 8:55am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan's tips for hosting the perfect Christmas dinner
Now To LoveDec 09, 2019
- FamilyGemma McCaw's Christmas joy: 'Words can't describe how grateful I am'
Woman's DayDec 09, 2019