The New Zealand Police have shown they're good at more than just keeping law and order with this dramatic image of a police dog leaping from out of a blue haze.
The dog in the image is police patrol dog Tane, six, "who loves working with handler Constable Stu Clarke in Tamaki Makaurau", and the image features in the NZ Police's 2020 Police Dog Trust Calendar.
We've been given a sneak peek - "out of the blue just for you" - on the NZ Police's Facebook and Instagram pages, with a behind-the-scenes explanation on how the incredible image was created.
The author of the social media posts claims, "There's no computer-generated trickery in this pawsome pic captured by forensic photographer Senior Constable Karl Bevin.
"The puff of blue was inspired by the colourful powders used in Holi festivals and Tane was happy to help, leaping off a ramp towards his toy held just out of reach by handler Stu as you can see in the behind the scenes shot."
The Police Dog Charitable Trust was established in 2005 with funds from the estate of the late Shirley Ellwood, and funds raised from calendar sales go towards buying "extras" such as therapy balls and play equipment for police pups and dog. The funds also help to pay for furthering research and study opportunities.
Sounds like a pawfectly good cause to us.
To purchase a calendar and enjoy a year's worth of great images by Karl and his photography colleagues, check out the 2020 Police Dog Trust Calendar website.
- RoyalsPrince William’s romantic surprise on Kate Middleton’s birthday
Now To LoveJan 17, 2022
- RoyalsThe Queen has stripped Prince Andrew of his military titles and royal patronages
Now To LoveJan 14, 2022
- Celebrity NewsAt home with Dame Kiri: 'You'll never want to leave!'
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJan 13, 2022
- Real LifeOne-armed Kiwi dancer Brylee Mills reveals why her disability won't stop her
Woman's DayJan 13, 2022
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine’s portrait photographer, Paolo Roversi, reveals Prince William and the kids’ favourite photo, plus special behind the scenes details
The Australian Women's WeeklyJan 13, 2022
- Celebrity NewsChris and Mel Cairns: 'We're in this battle together'
Woman's DayJan 13, 2022
- Celebrity NewsIn memoriam: Paying tribute to the stars we have sadly lost in 2022
Now To LoveJan 11, 2022
- RoyalsThree new portraits of Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge have been released to mark her milestone 40th birthday
The Australian Women's WeeklyJan 09, 2022