Play and exercise for dogs
Skin sensitivities in summer
Signs that your pet is too hot or overheating
• Half-fill a shallow paddling pool for your dog to bathe in. Just make sure your dog can get in and out easily and lie down without being submerged.
• Put ice cubes in their water bowl, or in glass around the house for your cats, or freeze a big block of ice for your dog's outdoor bowl.
• Doggie ice blocks are also a great way to keep them hydrated. Just freeze your dog's favourite treat in water, inside a Kong, or an ice-cream container.
• You can find cooling mats at most pet stores and both cats and dogs can use them.
• If you have a pedestal fan point it at the dog bed – some dogs love to sit in front of the cooling air.