It is said that the very act of stroking a cat can calm a person down. Our blood pressure lowers, our heart rate drops and we release oxytocin, a hormone that reduces levels of the stress hormone cortisol.
Such is cats' magical hold over us, that [Blue Cross], a British charity that rescues and rehomes sick, abandoned and unwanted pets, has released a first-of-its-kind guided meditation cat video, called Karma Kitties.
The six-minute video marries the principles of mindfulness classes with cute cat video clips and the soothing sounds of purring, and was created with the help of mindfulness experts from London Mindful.
We watched it and can report we actually did feel calmer afterwards. There is nothing much cuter than a cat video, as the world will attest, and the sound of a purring cat is serenely soothing.
Before you dismiss this as complete silliness, what makes the video even more cat-tastic is the fact it features a cast of genuinely homeless cats from Blue Cross's rehoming centres, and the video is intended to raise awareness and support for Blue Cross and its furry friends, who want nothing more than a loving home.
- BodyRadio host Sarah Gandy has been diagnosed with breast cancer
Now To LoveToday 12:13pm
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan has jetted off to NYC for her baby shower
Now To LoveToday 11:36am
- FertilityTips for couples who are trying to conceive and not pregnant yet
Now To LoveToday 11:19am
- Pregnancy & BirthGemma McCaw's praise for the midwife who delivered baby Charlotte
Woman's DayToday 7:00am
- MoneyOnline shopping fails - Kiwi consumers' hilarious tales
Now To LoveYesterday 4:00pm
- Celebrity NewsHarper Beckham and Anna Wintour's priceless twinning moment
Now To LoveYesterday 2:28pm
- RoyalsPrince William and Prince Harry are reportedly splitting their royal household after 10 years together
Now To LoveYesterday 12:15pm
- RoyalsHappy Birthday Prince Andrew: 7 things you may not know about the Duke of York
Now To LoveYesterday 9:30am
- Destinations CitiesThe all-women Bali retreat that saved my soul after my fiancé left me
The Australian Women's WeeklyFeb 17, 2019
- BodyWhy Olivia Newton-John isn't letting battling cancer for the third time get her down
Good Health ChoicesFeb 17, 2019
- Married at First SightMAFS baby on board? Reports suggest this bride is already pregnant
Now To LoveFeb 17, 2019