Stacked star Christmas trees
• 30cm of 112cm-wide assorted Christmas fabric in metallic prints
• Gold or silver jingle bells
• 3mm-wide metallic gold or silver ribbon
• Hobby fill polyester stuffing
• Matching sewing thread & long doll hand needle
• Sewing machine
• Scissors, pins & tape measure
• Pencil & paper
1. Draw a five-pointed soft-cornered star shape in six sizes with maximum widths of 30cm, 26cm, 22cm, 18cm, 15cm and 11cm. Cut out two fabric star shapes from each of the six different templates.
into fabric stars through the openings, then hand sew closed.
the largest star. One at a time, continue to sew each star, according to size, to the largest two stars, stacking them and securing firmly at the base. Hand sew the smallest star to the top of the stacked stars standing up vertically.
• Roberts Confectionery Mudcake vanilla mix
• 8-inch round Mondo pro cake pan
• 12-inch white Mondo round cake board
• Mondo cranked spatula
• Mondo cake turntable
• 2 tubs white Over the Top buttercream
• Piping bag and coupler
• Piping tips – round size 1 or 2, star tip 16 or 18
• Mondo royal icing (optional)
• Fondtastic fondant mat
• Mondo snowflake
• 225g pot white Fondtastic fondant or gumpaste
• Culinary Co Gingerbread House Mould
(Please note mould is the house only – we baked additional gingerbread
to make trees.)
Gingerbread house preparation (optional) Bake your favourite gingerbread recipe and use the cutters from the Gingerbread House Mould to create your panels. Once the baked panels have cooled, lay them out and fill a piping bag with royal icing for decorating (do not overfill, as it will be difficult to pipe). Begin piping your design on the gingerbread panels either using templates available on Pinterest, or from your own imagination. Allow your design to dry prior to assembly and use the remaining royal icing to construct your house. Once complete, let the icing to set.
chill final outer layer for 15 minutes. Warm a long spatula (or metal cake scraper) and carefully spin cake around on cake turntable while scraping outer layer off to achieve your desired effect. This will prevent the outer layer from becoming "dirty" with cake crumbs.
Box advent calendar
• Kaisercraft Box Advent Calendar kit
• Kaisercraft Starry Night 12 x 12-inch paper pad
• Navy paint
• Gold washi tapes in miscellaneous shades
1. Carefully separate the pieces of the Box Advent Calendar kit and sand smooth. Do not sand off the wider tabs as these are the ones you need to assemble.
Star wall hanging
• 4 x Sculpey III Clay,
57g in white
• Sculpey Clay tool starter set
• Rolling pin
• Wilton star cut-outs in silver
• Needle or punch tool
• Baking paper
• Dowel rod