Melanie Segard, 21, has always wanted to be a weather presenter, but because she has Down Syndrome, assumed this would never happen for her.
But thanks to an appeal to the French public for her dream job, Melanie has presented the weather on national television.
After some help from French charity Unapei, the youngster was flooded with job offers from national networks such as France 2 and BFMTV.
The charity, which works to make a more inclusive society of those with disabilities, started a campaign that translates as “Melanie can do it.”
She went with national network France 2, being trained for fours days with the studio team.
On March 14, Melanie presented the weather in the evening broadcast, sharing her elation after on her Facebook page.
"I did it," she told followers. "I'm finally a weather girl."
And her segment, despite lasting just 30 seconds, brought a record number of viewers to the show, with 5.3 million tuning into the broadcast.
On receiving her intial offers to present, Melanie said: “I am different, but I would like to show everyone that I can do plenty of things. I want to prove it by appearing on TV.”
Melanie challenged French media to offer her a job if her campaign reached 100,000 likes.
In a matter of days, Melanie had reached her goal.
You can see her Facebook here.
- RoyalsPrince Harry has returned to the UK for his final string of engagements as a senior royal
Now To LoveToday 12:30pm
- RoyalsThe Cambridges are set to visit Ireland as the Sussexes return to the UK
Now To LoveYesterday 3:00pm
- PetsIt's getting hot in here: Expert advice on caring for your pet over summer
Now To LoveYesterday 2:00pm
- Married at First SightMarried At First Sight Australia 2019 stars: Where are they now?
Now To LoveYesterday 10:00am
- CareerWhy Judy Bailey's latest project had everyone thinking she was getting inked
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:40am
- CareerWhy Laura Dern deserves every acting award she gets!
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:31am
- BodyWhy acupuncture could be the pathway to a healthier body and menstrual cycle
Good Health ChoicesFeb 24, 2020
- TVChelsea Winter's former husband Michael Bullot opens up about kids and marriage
Now To LoveFeb 23, 2020