Today marks International Women's Day and this year marks 125 years of women's suffrage in New Zealand.
The world that our daughters are growing up in is very different to world that we grew up in, and ours was different again to the world our grandmothers grew up in. Progress in gender equality has been made.
Yet three quarters of Kiwi women and half of Kiwi men still believe we live in a man's world, and it's predicted that pay parity won't exist globally until 2186 - in 168 years' time.
There is much work to be done, and that's just in the area of pay parity.
There are triumphs to be celebrated too, though, and in this video we take a look at some of the incredible inroads that women have made - from women in Saudi Arabia being finally given the right to drive, to the momentum that continues to grow with the #Metoo campaign and Time's Up movement. The strength of conviction in those who have spoken up - and continue to speak up - about gender equality, equal pay rights, domestic violence and human rights is powerful.
We hear from Kiwi role models Kerre McIvor, Jules and Lynda Topp, Toni Street, Helen Clark and Jacinda Ardern and the minister for women, Julie Anne Genter as well as international names including Michelle Obama, Reese Witherspoon, Oprah Winfrey, Ellen DeGeneres, Malala Yousafzai and Nicole Kidman.
Happy International Women's Day!
- FamilyThe Kiwi mum who couldn't find a decent parenting book so wrote one herself
Now To LoveToday 8:30pm
- BodyThe simple way to treat ageing skin concerns at home
Now To LoveToday 4:40pm
- TVCarolyn Taylor's epiphany since her return to TV on Dancing With The Stars
Woman's DayToday 2:00pm
- BodyThese common myths about sleep could be compromising your health
Now To LoveToday 1:00pm
- BodyEverything you need to know about measles and how to beat the disease
Woman's DayToday 7:00am
- FitnessHow our body clocks influence how effectively we exercise
Now To LoveToday 6:00am
- FamilyEight foodie road trip adventures that your family will love
Now To LoveYesterday 5:00pm
- Diet & NutritionIs margarine actually bad for you? Four myths busted
Now To LoveYesterday 4:00pm
- At homeHow the right retirement village enabled mum to be mum again
Now To LoveYesterday 2:25pm
- RoyalsPrince Harry's stunning wildlife photography is revealed in celebration of Earth Day
Now To LoveYesterday 11:31am
- RoyalsNew house, new baby, new continent? Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan look set to be moving to Africa
Now To LoveYesterday 9:25am
- Married at First SightMarried at First Sight NZ's Dan and Yuki: 'We're more in love than ever'
Woman's DayYesterday 9:20am
- RoyalsHow the Royal Family spent the day on the Queen’s 93rd birthday
Now To LoveYesterday 9:15am
- CareerThe Kiwi couple who are making comfy prosthetic breasts
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- At homeWhy a magazine subscription is the perfect gift for you or someone you love
Now To LoveYesterday 9:00am