Fear of failure is a common hurdle when it comes to goal-setting. Instead of letting this fear prevent you from moving forward, why not grab that feeling by the horns and let it drive you?
Tim Ferriss, creator of the four-hour work week (fourhourworkweek.com), has created a three-step exercise to help overcome fears…
As Ferriss told businessinsider.com.au: "You come away from that exercise realising, 'Wow, I was getting extremely anxious and all worked up over something that is completely preventable, reversible, or just not a very big deal.'"
Remember that your failures can be stepping stones to your success.
Inventor James Dyson said, "I made 5,127 prototypes of my vacuum before I got it right. There were 5,126 failures. But I learned from each one. That's how I came up with a solution. So I don't mind failure."
Need some inspiration from others who've done it? These videos from ted.com will get you in the zone:
1- J.K. Rowling's Harvard University commencement speech, "The fringe benefits of failure"
2- Tim Ferriss' TED talk "Why you should define your fears instead of your goals"
3- Jia Jiang's TEDxMtHood talk, "What I learned from 100 days of rejection"
4- Steve Jobs' Stanford University commencement speech, "How to live before you die"
5- Derek Sivers' TED talk "Keep your goals to yourself"
- Family8 foodie road trip adventures that your family will love
Now To LoveToday 5:00pm
- Diet & NutritionIs margarine actually bad for you? Four myths busted
Now To LoveToday 4:00pm
- At homeHow the right retirement village enabled mum to be mum again
Now To LoveToday 2:25pm
- RoyalsPrince Harry's stunning wildlife photography is revealed in celebration of Earth Day
Now To LoveToday 11:31am
- RoyalsHow the Royal Family spent the day on the Queen’s 93rd birthday
Now To LoveToday 9:15am
- CareerThe Kiwi couple who are making comfy prosthetic breasts
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:00am
- At homeWhy a magazine subscription is the perfect gift for you or someone you love
Now To LoveToday 9:00am
- CareerAnnabelle White's recipe to living a happy, contented life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 8:42am
- FamilyFamily meal inspiration: Jo Seagar's 'loaves and fishes' approach to family meals
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 12:00pm
- MindWhy travel memories play an important part in helping to develop our personality
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 10:00am
- TVDancing With The Stars' Manu Vatuvei's biggest fear when it comes to the dance floor
Woman's DayYesterday 8:00am
- Celebrity NewsDoting dad Ronan Keating enjoys a family day out at Auckland's waterfront
Woman's DayApr 21, 2019
- BodyMatilda Green talks motherhood, mental wellbeing and her plans for the future
Good Health ChoicesApr 21, 2019
- FitnessThese dance workouts will be so fun that you won't even feel like you're exercising
Good Health ChoicesApr 20, 2019
- RoyalsHappy birthday Her Majesty! Celebrating 93 years with Queen Elizabeth II
Now To LoveApr 20, 2019