Fear of failure is a common hurdle when it comes to goal-setting. Instead of letting this fear prevent you from moving forward, why not grab that feeling by the horns and let it drive you?
Tim Ferriss, creator of the four-hour work week (fourhourworkweek.com), has created a three-step exercise to help overcome fears…
As Ferriss told businessinsider.com.au: "You come away from that exercise realising, 'Wow, I was getting extremely anxious and all worked up over something that is completely preventable, reversible, or just not a very big deal.'"
Remember that your failures can be stepping stones to your success.
Inventor James Dyson said, "I made 5,127 prototypes of my vacuum before I got it right. There were 5,126 failures. But I learned from each one. That's how I came up with a solution. So I don't mind failure."
Need some inspiration from others who've done it? These videos from ted.com will get you in the zone:
1- J.K. Rowling's Harvard University commencement speech, "The fringe benefits of failure"
2- Tim Ferriss' TED talk "Why you should define your fears instead of your goals"
3- Jia Jiang's TEDxMtHood talk, "What I learned from 100 days of rejection"
4- Steve Jobs' Stanford University commencement speech, "How to live before you die"
5- Derek Sivers' TED talk "Keep your goals to yourself"
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine shares two powerful images to commemorate Holocaust Memorial Day
Now To LoveToday 11:00am
- Relationships'It's a Bradaissance': Brad Pitt is back and the world couldn't be more excited
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:19am
- CareerThe Great Kiwi Bake-Off winner Trevor Hall's exciting new business venture
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:00am
- TVThe 10 most memorable entrances on The Bachelorette
Now To LoveYesterday 9:10pm
- FitnessRunning just once a week lowers your risk of early death - here's how to get started
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 10:00am
- CompetitionsBe in to win a seven day Wellness Retreat with Resolution Retreats!
- CareerMeet Christine Fernyhough - the intrepid Auckland housewife who took on a high country farm and won
The Australian Women's WeeklyJan 26, 2020
- RelationshipsJay-Jay Feeney dishes on her sizzling summer with her 'toyboy' Minou
Woman's DayJan 26, 2020
- MindHilary Barry's perfect clap back at a viewer: ‘Enough with the age-shaming’
Now To LoveJan 24, 2020
- Diet & NutritionDiet and ‘detox’ teas have been pulled from New Zealand shelves
Now To LoveJan 23, 2020