Most women will know that feeling really good about yourself can sometimes be a battle.
From those early teenage years, when you're still trying to come to terms with your new, womanly body, to the menopause, when the changes happening to your body are once again largely outside your control - being a woman can be a roller coaster or changes and emotions!
But according to a new survey of 2,000 women aged 50+, there is a point - in the middle of all that change - when women feel happy and confident in their own skin.
And that is around the age of 33.
So why is 33 the magic age when it comes to feeling good about yourself?
Well according to the women surveyed, at this age they felt they were at a weight which suited them, they had no wrinkles, their hair was in good condition - with no greys - and their stomachs were toned!
"Hence, boosting confidence from within is a powerful tool for long term health – on the inside and out.
Researchers also asked women what was most likely to make them feel less confident.
Unsurprisingly, 62 per cent of said weight gain was most likely to cause their confidence level drop, along with the condition of their hair and how their teeth look.
In fact, more than six in 10 respondents admitted a bad hair day can have a huge effect on their self-esteem.
Talking about the results of the survey - which was carried out by hair and skincare brand Healthspan Nurture Replenish - Dr Megan Arroll, a psychologist and co-author of 'The Menopause Maze' said: "This survey highlights how appearance can impact confidence but we also know that confidence can influence how we feel about ourselves.
"When we feel more self-assured, we're more likely to engage in self-care activities which can directly affect our appearance (i.e. taking good care of our teeth, skin and hair), which then acts as a loop as we feel our best and most confident.
"Hence, boosting confidence from within is a powerful tool for long term health – on the inside and out."
- TVAngela Bloomfield's rocky ride on Celebrity Treasure Island
Woman's DayOct 13, 2021
- TVJess Tyson's secret weapon to win Celebrity Treasure Island
Woman's DayOct 09, 2021
- At homeWe love this family home which has a resort-style feel
Now To LoveOct 07, 2021
- Diet & NutritionWhy drinking a cup of tea is a simple and effective step in self-care
Now To LoveOct 04, 2021
- At homeTips for creating a stylish and comfortable outdoor entertaining space
Woman's DaySep 27, 2021
- TVCelebrity Treasure Island JJ Fong's personal heartache
Woman's DaySep 26, 2021
- TVCelebrity Treasure Island's Edna Swart reveals her battle with self-confidence
Woman's DaySep 26, 2021
- Celebrity NewsRyan Bridge opens up about landing his dream job as the new host of The AM Show
New Zealand Woman's WeeklySep 25, 2021