Most women will know that feeling really good about yourself can sometimes be a battle.
From those early teenage years, when you're still trying to come to terms with your new, womanly body, to the menopause, when the changes happening to your body are once again largely outside your control - being a woman can be a roller coaster or changes and emotions!
But according to a new survey of 2,000 women aged 50+, there is a point - in the middle of all that change - when women feel happy and confident in their own skin.
And that is around the age of 33.
So why is 33 the magic age when it comes to feeling good about yourself?
Well according to the women surveyed, at this age they felt they were at a weight which suited them, they had no wrinkles, their hair was in good condition - with no greys - and their stomachs were toned!
"Hence, boosting confidence from within is a powerful tool for long term health – on the inside and out.
Researchers also asked women what was most likely to make them feel less confident.
Unsurprisingly, 62 per cent of said weight gain was most likely to cause their confidence level drop, along with the condition of their hair and how their teeth look.
In fact, more than six in 10 respondents admitted a bad hair day can have a huge effect on their self-esteem.
Talking about the results of the survey - which was carried out by hair and skincare brand Healthspan Nurture Replenish - Dr Megan Arroll, a psychologist and co-author of 'The Menopause Maze' said: "This survey highlights how appearance can impact confidence but we also know that confidence can influence how we feel about ourselves.
"When we feel more self-assured, we're more likely to engage in self-care activities which can directly affect our appearance (i.e. taking good care of our teeth, skin and hair), which then acts as a loop as we feel our best and most confident.
"Hence, boosting confidence from within is a powerful tool for long term health – on the inside and out."
- Celebrity NewsMiley Cyrus has shared brand new photos from her wedding to Liam Hemsworth
Now To LoveYesterday 2:00pm
- RoyalsPrincess Eugenie's special message to husband Jack Brooksbank
Now To LoveYesterday 12:00pm
- CareerKiwi women who've made it their mission to make life better for others
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 11:35am
- BodyThis 9 year old has a new heart thanks to one family's incredible gift of life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 11:00am
- RoyalsPrince Harry spent Valentine's Day next to a shrine dedicated to himself and Duchess Meghan
Now To LoveYesterday 10:30am
- Married at First SightMAFS' Matthew Bennett insists losing his virginity to Lauren hasn't changed him
Now To LoveYesterday 8:30am
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine looks gorgeous in Gucci as she attends the 100 Women in Finance Gala
Now To LoveFeb 14, 2019
- RelationshipsArt Green and Matilda Rice's family plans: they are so clucky!
Woman's DayFeb 14, 2019
- CompetitionsWin a double pass to Ports of Auckland Round the Bays plus a Samsung S9
Now To LoveFeb 14, 2019
- Celebrity NewsCold Feet's Hermione Norris lists all the reasons why she'd love to live in New Zealand
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyFeb 14, 2019
- WeddingsShortland St star Beluah Koale marries his soulmate in a day of 'pure joy'
Woman's DayFeb 13, 2019