The '80s were about empowering women – and the ladies of GLOW certainly push the boundaries!
Alison Brie got into the best shape of her life for the retro TV series, which sees her doing some seriously hardcore moves as a female wrestler.
While wearing leotards on set would improve your workout motivation, Alison says the best part was that it changed the way she felt. "Heavy lifting is so empowering – you really feel like a badass," the 35-year-old told Women's Health.
"I came out of it feeling like a totally different person. It changed everything."
Needless to say, strength training played a big part in the actress' workout routine. This included a lot of weights, as well as functional exercises such as sled training.
"The sled might be one of my favourite exercises – right up there with deadlifting and squatting," Alison's trainer Jason Walsh shared with POPSUGAR.
"These days, she's pulling nearly three times her body weight."
Speaking of impressive, Alison can also do 40 pull-ups in one go.
"I never thought I'd get to 10 in a row!" she admits. "Setting a goal like that and reaching it… I'm walking tall all day."
That's certainly not bad for someone who once struggled to do a single push-up! But while the results can be impressive, Jason says it's important to start slowly and always give yourself time to rest.
"You need at least one recovery day, which includes complete rest or doing light activity, so your muscles can fully repair."
TIP: Jason says don't try deadlifts without proper training, as 'you'll most likely hurt yourself'.
WATCH Alison Brie's impressive pull-ups!
- BodyOlivia Newton-John is battling cancer for the third time - why she's not letting it get her down
Good Health ChoicesToday 11:00am
- Married at First SightMAFS baby on board? Reports suggest this bride is already pregnant
Now To LoveToday 8:00am
- Celebrity NewsMiley Cyrus has shared brand new photos from her wedding to Liam Hemsworth
Now To LoveYesterday 2:00pm
- RoyalsPrincess Eugenie's special message to husband Jack Brooksbank
Now To LoveYesterday 12:00pm
- CareerKiwi women who've made it their mission to make life better for others
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 11:35am
- BodyThis 9 year old has a new heart thanks to one family's incredible gift of life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 11:00am
- RoyalsPrince Harry spent Valentine's Day next to a shrine dedicated to himself and Duchess Meghan
Now To LoveYesterday 10:30am
- Married at First SightMAFS' Matthew Bennett insists losing his virginity to Lauren hasn't changed him
Now To LoveYesterday 8:30am
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine looks gorgeous in Gucci as she attends the 100 Women in Finance Gala
Now To LoveFeb 14, 2019
- RelationshipsArt Green and Matilda Rice's family plans: they are so clucky!
Woman's DayFeb 14, 2019
- CompetitionsWin a double pass to Ports of Auckland Round the Bays plus a Samsung S9
Now To LoveFeb 14, 2019
- Celebrity NewsCold Feet's Hermione Norris lists all the reasons why she'd love to live in New Zealand
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyFeb 14, 2019
- WeddingsShortland St star Beluah Koale marries his soulmate in a day of 'pure joy'
Woman's DayFeb 13, 2019