Deciding to adopt a vegan or vegetarian diet can be a wonderfully cleansing decision.
Choosing to forgo meat, be it for ethical or sustainability reasons, can be great for the environment and the individual. However giving up meat can be tricky.
For starters, our bodies require protein to build and repair tissue and for energy. Vegetarians can get around this by getting their protein (and the essential amino acids that come with it) from plant-based sources. But dealing with cravings for some delicious meat-heavy dishes - BBQ's, roast dinners and hamburgers, to name a few - can be a bit harder.
If you're struggling to give up meat, we can understand your struggle - which is why we've put together a video on flexitarianism.
The term flexitarianism combines the words 'flexible' and 'vegetarianism', and is exactly what it sounds: a mostly vegetarian diet with a little bit of leeway. The flexitarian diet came in at number three on this year's list of top diets - so perhaps it's worth a try.
To find out if this is the diet for you, check out our video above!
- TVHow winning The Block has changed Tim and Arty's lives forever
Woman's DayNov 25, 2021
- At homeBring summer into your home with this colour pallette
Now To LoveNov 25, 2021
- RoyalsAre Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank planning baby number two already?
Woman's DayNov 23, 2021
- RoyalsThe Queen’s special appearance for two of her great-grandsons after weeks of health concerns
The Australian Women's WeeklyNov 23, 2021
- Royals"She's alright!": The Queen makes her first in-person appearance since October hospital scare
The Australian Women's WeeklyNov 18, 2021
- Celebrity NewsKim Crossman's hidden heartache and why being a mum will have to wait
Woman's DayNov 18, 2021
- Food & DrinksEnjoy the taste of Provence with these refreshing rosé wines
The Australian Women's WeeklyNov 17, 2021
- Real LifeKiwi mum Rachel reveals how her premature son changed her life
Woman's DayNov 17, 2021
- RoyalsBuckingham Palace confirms the Queen will attend the annual Remembrance Day Service
Now To LoveNov 12, 2021