Deciding to adopt a vegan or vegetarian diet can be a wonderfully cleansing decision.
Choosing to forgo meat, be it for ethical or sustainability reasons, can be great for the environment and the individual. However giving up meat can be tricky.
For starters, our bodies require protein to build and repair tissue and for energy. Vegetarians can get around this by getting their protein (and the essential amino acids that come with it) from plant-based sources. But dealing with cravings for some delicious meat-heavy dishes - BBQ's, roast dinners and hamburgers, to name a few - can be a bit harder.
If you're struggling to give up meat, we can understand your struggle - which is why we've put together a video on flexitarianism.
The term flexitarianism combines the words 'flexible' and 'vegetarianism', and is exactly what it sounds: a mostly vegetarian diet with a little bit of leeway. The flexitarian diet came in at number three on this year's list of top diets - so perhaps it's worth a try.
To find out if this is the diet for you, check out our video above!
- RoyalsThe Royal Family's birthday message for Prince Andrew has been met with controversy
Now To LoveToday 4:25pm
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan and Prince Harry have confirmed more details about their future
Now To LoveToday 10:15am
- Real LifeThe 2011 Christchurch earthquake struck the day after my birthday and changed my life forever
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:27am
- CompetitionsWin a brilliant Banana Boat prize pack worth $100!
Good Health ChoicesToday 9:00am
- Married at First SightMarried At First Sight bride Mishel Meshes gives Queenstown, New Zealand the big tick
Now To LoveYesterday 2:26pm
- RoyalsThe Queen tells Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan they must ditch their ‘Sussex Royal’ brand
Now To LoveYesterday 12:20pm
- RoyalsPrincess Diana’s niece Lady Kitty Spencer is converting to Judaism for her fiancé
Now To LoveFeb 18, 2020
- CareerSt Matthew-in-the-City's first female vicar Reverend Dr Helen Jacobi lets us into her world
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyFeb 18, 2020