The health world is always abuzz with one wellness trend or another, but there are a few fads that look like they'll be sticking around.
Matcha, matcha tea, matcha powder… whatever you want to call it, it's here to stay! There are even matcha-dedicated café's that have started popping up to celebrate this powerful little powder.
But do you know what matcha green tea powder actually does? Do you know how you can use it? And what about where to buy matcha powder? Here at Now To Love we certainly didn't! So let's examine the benefits of matcha and matcha green tea together.
Matcha is a powdered form of green tea. When a green tea is being made, the leaves are infused into hot water and then discarded, which means that most of the leaf is not consumed.
Matcha is the result of crushing these green tea leaves into a fine powder, so that instead of just the leaf infusion, you're getting the whole goodness of the green tea leaf.
In a word – yep! By consuming the whole green tea leaf rather just the infusion, you're getting 100 per cent of the nutrients that the leaf has to offer.
According to Matcha Source, one cup of matcha powdered green tea is the equivalent of drink 10 cups of regularly brewed green tea!
Matcha powder and matcha tea provide a powerful hit of antioxidants, boost the metabolism, aid in concentration and help to detox the body. And just like green tea, matcha contains caffeine which makes it an excellent substitute for your morning coffee – without the jitters!
Matcha powder can be used in a variety of different ways. The most popular way to incorporate matcha into your diet is to drink matcha tea.
This involves adding one to two teaspoons of matcha green tea powder into hot water and stirring until the powder has mixed through. Matcha lattes are also a hot commodity in the café scene, where the matcha green tea is topped off with your choice of milk.
Matcha can also be added to smoothies and food dishes – I've seen matcha pancakes, matcha donuts, matcha cupcakes, even matcha gnocchi! There are a million different ways to use matcha green tea powder.
So you're convinced and wanting to harness the benefits of matcha powder immediately! Good. Matcha green tea powder is readily available these days, from either your local health food store or even your supermarket.
Via our sister site Beauty Heaven.
- RoyalsSarah, Duchess of York, is recognised with an award for her charity work
Now To LoveToday 12:10pm
- RoyalsHow much do the royal family spend on travel a year?
Now To LoveToday 11:00am
- RoyalsThe Queen just passed on this very special patronage to Duchess Catherine
Now To LoveToday 8:30am
- TVThe Block NZ Firehouse contestants Sophia and Mikaere: 'We'll come out stronger than ever'
Woman's DayToday 8:05am
- TVWhy 2019's Dancing with the Stars cast was so close - and who's missing who now that it's over
Now To LoveYesterday 3:42pm
- BodyA cup of coffee a day could be the secret to burning fat
Now To LoveYesterday 2:00pm
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine and Prince William are reportedly planning a royal tour of Asia this year
Now To LoveYesterday 10:30am
- CareerThe Chicks Suzanne Lynch on nearing 70 and life being more exciting than ever
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 10:00am
- Married at First SightMarried at First Sight's Martha Kalifatidis opens up about being bullied
Now To LoveYesterday 9:55am
- FamilyMental health advocate Mike King opens up about his daughter Alex following in his footsteps
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:41am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan has upgraded her engagement ring from Prince Harry
Now To LoveYesterday 9:15am
- FamilyThe woman who supported Arthur Taylor through four decades in prison
Woman's DayYesterday 8:30am
- TVThe Block NZ Firehouse contestants Stacy and Adam's biggest challenge
Woman's DayJun 24, 2019
- RoyalsSarah Ferguson brings to light one of the royal family's saddest tales from the past
Now To LoveJun 24, 2019