The health world is always abuzz with one wellness trend or another, but there are a few fads that look like they'll be sticking around.
Matcha, matcha tea, matcha powder… whatever you want to call it, it's here to stay! There are even matcha-dedicated café's that have started popping up to celebrate this powerful little powder.
But do you know what matcha green tea powder actually does? Do you know how you can use it? And what about where to buy matcha powder? Here at Now To Love we certainly didn't! So let's examine the benefits of matcha and matcha green tea together.
Matcha is a powdered form of green tea. When a green tea is being made, the leaves are infused into hot water and then discarded, which means that most of the leaf is not consumed.
Matcha is the result of crushing these green tea leaves into a fine powder, so that instead of just the leaf infusion, you're getting the whole goodness of the green tea leaf.
In a word – yep! By consuming the whole green tea leaf rather just the infusion, you're getting 100 per cent of the nutrients that the leaf has to offer.
According to Matcha Source, one cup of matcha powdered green tea is the equivalent of drink 10 cups of regularly brewed green tea!
Matcha powder and matcha tea provide a powerful hit of antioxidants, boost the metabolism, aid in concentration and help to detox the body. And just like green tea, matcha contains caffeine which makes it an excellent substitute for your morning coffee – without the jitters!
Matcha powder can be used in a variety of different ways. The most popular way to incorporate matcha into your diet is to drink matcha tea.
This involves adding one to two teaspoons of matcha green tea powder into hot water and stirring until the powder has mixed through. Matcha lattes are also a hot commodity in the café scene, where the matcha green tea is topped off with your choice of milk.
Matcha can also be added to smoothies and food dishes – I've seen matcha pancakes, matcha donuts, matcha cupcakes, even matcha gnocchi! There are a million different ways to use matcha green tea powder.
So you're convinced and wanting to harness the benefits of matcha powder immediately! Good. Matcha green tea powder is readily available these days, from either your local health food store or even your supermarket.
Via our sister site Beauty Heaven.
- WeddingsDying bride's perfect day: My final dream has come true
Woman's DayToday 2:25pm
- RoyalsPrince Harry's trick to beating a heatwave? ‘Budgie smugglers’, he says
Now To LoveToday 1:00pm
- TVWhat drove these celebs to sign up for Celebrity Treasure Island
Woman's DayToday 12:35pm
- Pregnancy & BirthWhy model Ashley Graham's baby bump photo has got everyone talking
Now To LoveToday 12:07pm
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine honours this lucky nine-year-old to celebrate World Photography Day
Now To LoveToday 11:15am
- CareerI loved him like a son: Phil Kingsley Jones remembers Jonah Lomu in his final years
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:29am
- TVMatty McLean says he's lived some of his proudest moments on Celebrity Treasure Island
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:09am
- TVThe redemption of former All Black Zac Guildford on Celebrity Treasure Island
Now To LoveYesterday 8:45pm
- TVKarl Burnett quits Celebrity Treasure Island as mental health suffers
Now To LoveYesterday 8:30pm
- Married at First SightMAFS' Cyrell Paule is expecting a baby with Love Island's Eden Dally
Now To LoveYesterday 1:21pm
- Pregnancy & BirthAll the gorgeous details from Samantha Hayes’ 'beautiful' baby shower
Now To LoveYesterday 12:17pm
- TVFour curious things we've learned about the stars on Celebrity Treasure Island
Now To LoveYesterday 10:42am
- TVThe first trailer for Married at First Sight NZ has been released and it's utter chaos
Now To LoveYesterday 9:48am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan and Prince Harry jet off on another family holiday to the south of France
Now To LoveYesterday 9:15am
- FamilyWhy Karl Burnett is hoping to be voted off Celebrity Treasure Island
Woman's DayYesterday 8:30am