The health world is always abuzz with one wellness trend or another, but there are a few fads that look like they'll be sticking around.
Matcha, matcha tea, matcha powder… whatever you want to call it, it's here to stay! There are even matcha-dedicated café's that have started popping up to celebrate this powerful little powder.
But do you know what matcha green tea powder actually does? Do you know how you can use it? And what about where to buy matcha powder? Here at Now To Love we certainly didn't! So let's examine the benefits of matcha and matcha green tea together.
Matcha is a powdered form of green tea. When a green tea is being made, the leaves are infused into hot water and then discarded, which means that most of the leaf is not consumed.
Matcha is the result of crushing these green tea leaves into a fine powder, so that instead of just the leaf infusion, you're getting the whole goodness of the green tea leaf.
In a word – yep! By consuming the whole green tea leaf rather just the infusion, you're getting 100 per cent of the nutrients that the leaf has to offer.
According to Matcha Source, one cup of matcha powdered green tea is the equivalent of drink 10 cups of regularly brewed green tea!
Matcha powder and matcha tea provide a powerful hit of antioxidants, boost the metabolism, aid in concentration and help to detox the body. And just like green tea, matcha contains caffeine which makes it an excellent substitute for your morning coffee – without the jitters!
Matcha powder can be used in a variety of different ways. The most popular way to incorporate matcha into your diet is to drink matcha tea.
This involves adding one to two teaspoons of matcha green tea powder into hot water and stirring until the powder has mixed through. Matcha lattes are also a hot commodity in the café scene, where the matcha green tea is topped off with your choice of milk.
Matcha can also be added to smoothies and food dishes – I've seen matcha pancakes, matcha donuts, matcha cupcakes, even matcha gnocchi! There are a million different ways to use matcha green tea powder.
So you're convinced and wanting to harness the benefits of matcha powder immediately! Good. Matcha green tea powder is readily available these days, from either your local health food store or even your supermarket.
Via our sister site Beauty Heaven.
- RoyalsPrince Philip, the Duke of Edinburgh, has died aged 99
Now To LoveApr 09, 2021
- TVPopstars panel tells all: Rock regrets, secret crushes and dad jokes!
Woman's DayApr 09, 2021
- Celebrity NewsIron Mike's magic milestone: 'I'm finally in a good space!'
Woman's DayApr 07, 2021
- TVBachelorettes' show down: Our last-ditch effort to woo Moses
Woman's DayMar 30, 2021
- TVBachelor babes bare all: 'Our lives have changed forever'
Woman's DayMar 29, 2021
- Celebrity NewsSmitten but sleep-deprived! Sam Wallace and fiancée Sarah are on double duty
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyMar 26, 2021
- Celebrity NewsKiwi stunt star Zoë Bell talks brain injuries and break-ups
Woman's DayMar 24, 2021
- TVThe Bachelorette NZ's Lexie and Hamish are moving in together!
Woman's DayMar 11, 2021
- TVHit single Moses: 'I didn't think I deserved love!'
Woman's DayMar 09, 2021
- TVHere are the queens competing in RuPaul's Drag Race Down Under
Now To LoveMar 07, 2021