The health world is always abuzz with one wellness trend or another, but there are a few fads that look like they'll be sticking around.
Matcha, matcha tea, matcha powder… whatever you want to call it, it's here to stay! There are even matcha-dedicated café's that have started popping up to celebrate this powerful little powder.
But do you know what matcha green tea powder actually does? Do you know how you can use it? And what about where to buy matcha powder? Here at Now To Love we certainly didn't! So let's examine the benefits of matcha and matcha green tea together.
Matcha is a powdered form of green tea. When a green tea is being made, the leaves are infused into hot water and then discarded, which means that most of the leaf is not consumed.
Matcha is the result of crushing these green tea leaves into a fine powder, so that instead of just the leaf infusion, you're getting the whole goodness of the green tea leaf.
In a word – yep! By consuming the whole green tea leaf rather just the infusion, you're getting 100 per cent of the nutrients that the leaf has to offer.
According to Matcha Source, one cup of matcha powdered green tea is the equivalent of drink 10 cups of regularly brewed green tea!
Matcha powder and matcha tea provide a powerful hit of antioxidants, boost the metabolism, aid in concentration and help to detox the body. And just like green tea, matcha contains caffeine which makes it an excellent substitute for your morning coffee – without the jitters!
Matcha powder can be used in a variety of different ways. The most popular way to incorporate matcha into your diet is to drink matcha tea.
This involves adding one to two teaspoons of matcha green tea powder into hot water and stirring until the powder has mixed through. Matcha lattes are also a hot commodity in the café scene, where the matcha green tea is topped off with your choice of milk.
Matcha can also be added to smoothies and food dishes – I've seen matcha pancakes, matcha donuts, matcha cupcakes, even matcha gnocchi! There are a million different ways to use matcha green tea powder.
So you're convinced and wanting to harness the benefits of matcha powder immediately! Good. Matcha green tea powder is readily available these days, from either your local health food store or even your supermarket.
Via our sister site Beauty Heaven.
- RoyalsPrincess Diana’s niece Lady Kitty Spencer is converting to Judaism for her fiancé
Now To LoveToday 10:40am
- CareerSt Matthew-in-the-City's first female vicar Reverend Dr Helen Jacobi lets us into her world
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 8:00am
- RoyalsWhy this adorable photo of Princess Charlotte means so much to Duchess Catherine
Now To LoveYesterday 12:20pm
- FamilySonny Bill Williams pays tribute to wife Alana for holding their family together as he leaves for England
Now To LoveYesterday 11:57am
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine gets candid about motherhood: from hypnobirthing to ‘mum guilt’
Now To LoveYesterday 10:30am
- TVThe Bachelorette NZ intruder Mike Bullot is Chelsea Winter's former husband
Now To LoveYesterday 9:48am
- TVThe Bachelorette intruders: Meet the men hoping to steal the show
Now To LoveFeb 16, 2020
- Pregnancy & Birth‘I gave birth to our miracle baby the night before my wedding’
Woman's DayFeb 15, 2020