Avocados, quinoa, beetroot - they've all had their food trend day in the sun. But according to food trend expert Liz Moskow, the next dish of the moment is looking mighty tasty.
Chocolate cake for breakfast is what the culinary director told Food Business News that we'll all be eating soon enough, thanks to some recent studies on the benefits of dark choc.
According to research, dark chocolate improves abstract reasoning, focus and memory - meaning more and more people may choose to boost their brains in this way first thing in the morning.
"The thought was eating chocolate prepares you more for your work day," explains Liz, who was looking at a recent study from Tel Aviv University.
The study also states that chocolate cake is best consumed first thing as that's when the body's metabolism is most active, meaning you have all day to burn it off. And the research suggests it could also prevent sugary cravings later on in the day.
"We predict that breakfast might start seeing brunch amuse-bouche chocolate cakes or brunch and breakfast restaurants incorporating a robust dessert menu," said Liz.
- RoyalsPrince Harry reveals he felt 'there was no option' but to leave royal life
Now To LoveToday 11:18am
- RoyalsMike and Zara Tindall open up about family life and why they consider Australia their 'second home'
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 11:00am
- Diet & NutritionWhich diet would work best for you according to your personality
Good Health ChoicesToday 8:00am
- RoyalsThe Queen confirms the Sussexes will no longer use their HRH titles in an update on their royal exit
Now To LoveYesterday 9:15am
- MindParalympian Sophie Pascoe opens up about her two-year private battle and why she tries to stay real on social media
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 7:57am
- Body8 Kiwi stars reveal their health, fitness and wellbeing goals for 2020
Good Health ChoicesJan 18, 2020
- MindHow to live a life less rushed: savouring the good times
NEXTJan 18, 2020
- CareerBrendan Cole's new X-Factor Celebrity gig and why he's happy to have the tables turned
Woman's DayJan 18, 2020
- CompetitionsWin $200 worth of back to school gift cards with Woman's Day
Now To LoveJan 17, 2020
- WeddingsSevens star Stacey Waaka's heavenly Waikato wedding
Woman's DayJan 17, 2020
- RoyalsThe cute moment Prince William mistakes a photo of himself for Princess Charlotte
Now To LoveJan 16, 2020
- Pregnancy & BirthMeet Jessica Mutch-McKay's sweet little bundle of joy Margaux
Woman's DayJan 16, 2020
- CompetitionsWin an amazing Dr. Hauschka pamper pack worth $530
Good Health ChoicesJan 16, 2020