As soon as I get out of bed I have a quick stretch. Just two or three movements from side to side to get my blood flowing.
Then, I have a glass of warm water with a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in it to kick start my digestion (and some people say it helps your skin and hair – it's a win-win!). After I brush my teeth I always oil pull – that's when I swish coconut oil around in my mouth for a couple of minutes. Some say this could detoxify your body, but I've also found it helps with oral hygiene and keeping my teeth white.
Some days I exercise before breakfast, and some days after lunch – it really depends on what I have going on (no two days are alike in my job!). I love that I can easily fit a TIFFXO workout around my hectic schedule and Arnold's naps as they're only 20 minutes long and can be done in my living room.
Anything with a martial arts twist! It makes me feel powerful, strong and in control of my body. That's why all of my TIFFXO workouts have a bit of Taekwondo in them – I seriously think there's no better way for women to feel like their best selves when working out. Plus, the torso rotation you do when punching and kicking is the ideal full-body move to burn fat and build ab definition!
Having enough strength and energy to handle whatever life throws at me. That includes filming my workout videos of course, but also things as simple as carrying two heavy bins up my steep driveway, or holding Arnie above my head (he's a big boy like his dad!).
Exercise makes me feel powerful mentally and physically.
I've been travelling a lot for work recently. And when I do, I always take the time to learn about new cultures and experiences.
In London I visited a Hare Krishna manor and in Byron Bay I visited Crystal Castle. It always brings me a bit of mental calm and clarity!
Talk to those around you! A strong support system is so important for mental resilience. I love to talk to my sister and my Mum. But I also rely on my TIFFXO Facebook community. My members encourage each other (and me!) to be their best selves daily. That and a cup of tea – there's not much a good cuppa can't help.
Tiffiny Hall is the founder of online health and fitness program TIFFXO, an author, expert trainer, journalist and television personality, best known for her role as trainer on The Biggest Loser Australia.
- FamilyAmy Schumer is 'mom-shamed' for returning to work two weeks after having her baby
Now To LoveToday 12:05pm
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine looks pretty in pink at the latest Buckingham Palace Garden Party
Now To LoveToday 9:00am
- TVDancing With The Stars: It's only going to get harder from here on in, says Carol-Ann Hanna
Now To LoveYesterday 2:11pm
- TVOur top three moments from Dancing With The Stars, week six
Now To LoveYesterday 11:45am
- FamilyGemma McCaw on navigating the first few months of motherhood
Woman's DayYesterday 11:20am
- BodyMeet the inspiring Kiwi mum who battled bowel cancer while pregnant
Woman's DayYesterday 11:08am
- FamilyReal Housewives of Auckland's Anne Batley-Burton on the sad secret to her business success
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 8:15am
- MindJo Seagar on the importance of talking about death
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 8:00am
- FamilyThese inspiring people are our individual 'Grandparent of the year' winners
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyMay 20, 2019
- RoyalsAnother royal wedding: All the details from Lady Gabriella Windsor’s gorgeous nuptials
Now To LoveMay 20, 2019
- TVNadia Lim admits Dancing With The Stars is 'the biggest challenge I've ever taken on'
Woman's DayMay 20, 2019