As soon as I get out of bed I have a quick stretch. Just two or three movements from side to side to get my blood flowing.
Then, I have a glass of warm water with a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in it to kick start my digestion (and some people say it helps your skin and hair – it's a win-win!). After I brush my teeth I always oil pull – that's when I swish coconut oil around in my mouth for a couple of minutes. Some say this could detoxify your body, but I've also found it helps with oral hygiene and keeping my teeth white.
Some days I exercise before breakfast, and some days after lunch – it really depends on what I have going on (no two days are alike in my job!). I love that I can easily fit a TIFFXO workout around my hectic schedule and Arnold's naps as they're only 20 minutes long and can be done in my living room.
Anything with a martial arts twist! It makes me feel powerful, strong and in control of my body. That's why all of my TIFFXO workouts have a bit of Taekwondo in them – I seriously think there's no better way for women to feel like their best selves when working out. Plus, the torso rotation you do when punching and kicking is the ideal full-body move to burn fat and build ab definition!
Having enough strength and energy to handle whatever life throws at me. That includes filming my workout videos of course, but also things as simple as carrying two heavy bins up my steep driveway, or holding Arnie above my head (he's a big boy like his dad!).
Exercise makes me feel powerful mentally and physically.
I've been travelling a lot for work recently. And when I do, I always take the time to learn about new cultures and experiences.
In London I visited a Hare Krishna manor and in Byron Bay I visited Crystal Castle. It always brings me a bit of mental calm and clarity!
Talk to those around you! A strong support system is so important for mental resilience. I love to talk to my sister and my Mum. But I also rely on my TIFFXO Facebook community. My members encourage each other (and me!) to be their best selves daily. That and a cup of tea – there's not much a good cuppa can't help.
Tiffiny Hall is the founder of online health and fitness program TIFFXO, an author, expert trainer, journalist and television personality, best known for her role as trainer on The Biggest Loser Australia.
- FamilyHow to get your children off the screens and out into the sunshine
Good Health ChoicesToday 12:00pm
- CareerHow Louise Stainthorpe went from stay at home mum to 'badass businesswoman'
Woman's DayYesterday 3:15pm
- Married at First SightYou won't believe who Married at First Sight's Tamara Joy has hooked up with now
Now To LoveYesterday 10:40am
- FitnessCommon mistakes to avoid when you're working out for weight loss
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 9:30am
- RoyalsThe very unusual way Duchess Camilla just celebrated her 72nd birthday
Now To LoveJul 18, 2019
- TVThe Block NZ's Lisa and Ribz fire back at the 'harsh and nasty' judges
Woman's DayJul 18, 2019
- CareerQueen of tiny: Why I love recreating everything I see in miniature
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJul 18, 2019
- CompetitionsWin a black and a rose gold Samsung Galaxy Watch Active worth $349 each!
Good Health ChoicesJul 18, 2019
- WeddingsBride quits job to plan her dream wedding and demands her fiancé get a second job
Now To LoveJul 17, 2019
- BodyKaty Perry and Orlando Bloom's new age secret to staying young
Now To LoveJul 17, 2019