We love a body-positive queen!
On August 5th, Vogue magazine revealed Mrs Beyoncé Knowles-Carter as the cover star of their September issue and to be honest, we're very impressed.
The way she has chosen to open up about body acceptance is an inspiration to us all.
"After the birth of my first child, I believed in the things society said about how my body should look. I put pressure on myself to lose all the baby weight in three months, and scheduled a small tour to assure I would do it," the mother-of-three began.
"Looking back, that was crazy. I was still breastfeeding when I performed the Revel shows in Atlantic City in 2012. After the twins, I approached things very differently," Beyoncé continued.
The "Drunk in Love" singer admitted that she was 218 pounds (roughly 99 kilos) on the day she gave birth to her twins, Rumi and Sir.
In addition, her labour was extremely dangerous. So much so, that she had to have an emergency C-section followed by weeks of intense recovery.
"During my recovery, I gave myself self-love and self-care, and I embraced being curvier. I accepted what my body wanted to be.
"After six months, I started preparing for Coachella. I became vegan temporarily, gave up coffee, alcohol, and all fruit drinks. But I was patient with myself and enjoyed my fuller curves. My kids and husband did, too," Beyoncé explained.
The 36-year-old also stressed the importance of natural bodies, particularly in the media.
"That's why I stripped away the wigs and hair extensions and used little make-up for this [Vogue] shoot. To this day my arms, shoulders, breasts, and thighs are fuller. I have a little mummy pouch, and I'm in no rush to get rid of it. I think it's real," Beyoncé expressed.
You go, girl! We think Beyoncé looks positively radiant.
Via our sister site Life & Style.
- RoyalsPrince Philip, the Duke of Edinburgh, has died aged 99
Now To LoveApr 09, 2021
- TVPopstars panel tells all: Rock regrets, secret crushes and dad jokes!
Woman's DayApr 09, 2021
- Celebrity NewsIron Mike's magic milestone: 'I'm finally in a good space!'
Woman's DayApr 07, 2021
- TVBachelorettes' show down: Our last-ditch effort to woo Moses
Woman's DayMar 30, 2021
- TVBachelor babes bare all: 'Our lives have changed forever'
Woman's DayMar 29, 2021
- Celebrity NewsSmitten but sleep-deprived! Sam Wallace and fiancée Sarah are on double duty
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyMar 26, 2021
- Celebrity NewsKiwi stunt star Zoë Bell talks brain injuries and break-ups
Woman's DayMar 24, 2021
- TVThe Bachelorette NZ's Lexie and Hamish are moving in together!
Woman's DayMar 11, 2021
- TVHit single Moses: 'I didn't think I deserved love!'
Woman's DayMar 09, 2021
- TVHere are the queens competing in RuPaul's Drag Race Down Under
Now To LoveMar 07, 2021