We love a body-positive queen!
On August 5th, Vogue magazine revealed Mrs Beyoncé Knowles-Carter as the cover star of their September issue and to be honest, we're very impressed.
The way she has chosen to open up about body acceptance is an inspiration to us all.
"After the birth of my first child, I believed in the things society said about how my body should look. I put pressure on myself to lose all the baby weight in three months, and scheduled a small tour to assure I would do it," the mother-of-three began.
"Looking back, that was crazy. I was still breastfeeding when I performed the Revel shows in Atlantic City in 2012. After the twins, I approached things very differently," Beyoncé continued.
The "Drunk in Love" singer admitted that she was 218 pounds (roughly 99 kilos) on the day she gave birth to her twins, Rumi and Sir.
In addition, her labour was extremely dangerous. So much so, that she had to have an emergency C-section followed by weeks of intense recovery.
"During my recovery, I gave myself self-love and self-care, and I embraced being curvier. I accepted what my body wanted to be.
"After six months, I started preparing for Coachella. I became vegan temporarily, gave up coffee, alcohol, and all fruit drinks. But I was patient with myself and enjoyed my fuller curves. My kids and husband did, too," Beyoncé explained.
The 36-year-old also stressed the importance of natural bodies, particularly in the media.
"That's why I stripped away the wigs and hair extensions and used little make-up for this [Vogue] shoot. To this day my arms, shoulders, breasts, and thighs are fuller. I have a little mummy pouch, and I'm in no rush to get rid of it. I think it's real," Beyoncé expressed.
You go, girl! We think Beyoncé looks positively radiant.
Via our sister site Life & Style.
- Married at First SightMeet the brides and grooms vying for love on Married At First Sight 2022
Now To LoveToday 10:30am
- Celebrity NewsErin Simpson and Zac Franich's baby joy: 'We're finally having a baby!'
Now To LoveYesterday 8:00am
- Real LifeRadio star Steve Broad reveal the tragedy that motivates him
Woman's DayJan 19, 2022
- RoyalsPrince William’s romantic surprise on Kate Middleton’s birthday
Now To LoveJan 17, 2022
- RoyalsThe Queen has stripped Prince Andrew of his military titles and royal patronages
Now To LoveJan 14, 2022
- Celebrity NewsAt home with Dame Kiri: 'You'll never want to leave!'
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJan 13, 2022
- Real LifeOne-armed Kiwi dancer Brylee Mills reveals why her disability won't stop her
Woman's DayJan 13, 2022