What causes chemo brain?
Managing chemo brain
- Planning to do activities that require more concentration for when you are most alert
- Discussing the issue with your family or workplace and seeking their support or assistance
- Doing one thing at a time instead of multitasking
- Setting aside time each day to read and respond to emails
- Letting phone calls go to your answering machine or voicemail. You can listen to them when you're ready
- Carrying a small notepad or use a voice memo app to record things you want to remember
- Before seeing the doctor, write down the things you want to ask
- Keeping things you need each day, like phone and keys, in one place so they are easy to find
- Using tech to help you, such as computer/mobile apps and reminders
- Doing things that encourage memory such as crosswords and Sudoku
- Writing lists of things you need to do
- Ensuring you get enough rest and sleep
- Taking time out to relax and do things you enjoy
- Getting some exercise each day.