Relatable. That is the first word that comes to mind when you think of supermodel Chrissy Teigen. Despite her genetic blessings and A-list lifestyle the Lip Sync Battle star manages to connect with real women the world over because of her flaws-and-all attitude.
No topic is off limits for the candid mum-of-one; not the stretchmarks on her legs, and not the liposuction she had because she felt self-conscious about her body. And that's precisely why we love her.
Through her realness, Chrissy reminds us that nobody is perfect and everyone has hang-ups about the way they look, even a supermodel. So here we take a look back at the best lessons in self-love and body positivity we've learnt from our favourite real-talk woman, Chrissy.
Chrissy Teigen's latest social media snap is baffling to say the least. The pregnant model poses naked in her kitchen, while making a salad. One look at the photo and you'll be scratching your head. But the unapologetic mum-of-one reminded us all that a sense of humour (and some causal kitchen nudity) can be extremely freeing for the soul - and the body!
Perhaps hinting at the countless times she's been mum-shamed online, Chrissy captioned the shot: "Please don't shame me I am a strong proud salad making woman just being natural and trying to live my life."
The 32-year-old taught us all a lesson in body positivity when she uploaded a picture of what appeared to be stretch marks on her inner thigh.
The much-loved celeb captioned the photo, "Whatevs."
Chrissy later revealed that she needed a little dutch courage to upload the sensitive photo, writing, "When I drink wine I say 'whatevs' and sober Chrissy doesn't like it."
"I do not post stretchies for the praise," she explained.
"I post it because the wine also I like the pattern and they're so soft."
After the birth of her first child Luna, Chrissy was quick to speak out about the pressure placed on new mums to "bounce back" into shape.
In an interview with the US Today show, the yummy mummy explained that A-listers have an advantage when it comes to losing weight gained during pregnancy.
"Anyone in the public eye, we have all the help we could ever need to be able to shed everything," she began.
"We have nutritionists, we have dietitians, we have trainers, we have our own schedules, we have nannies," she admits of the endless resources available to those in the limelight.
"We have people who make it possible for us to get back into shape. But nobody should feel like that's normal, or like that's realistic."
"I had an armpit sucked out, which was one of the best things," the mother-of-one told Refinery29 of her liposuction of the armpits.
"It's a big secret, but I don't care," she continued. "It was nine years ago or so. And I had two inches to my armpit. Now it's back though, so now I've gotta pay for [liposuction] again."
"It was so easy. It made me feel better in dresses; I felt more confident. It was the dumbest, stupidest thing I've ever done. The dumbest, but I like it, whatever. I have no regrets, honestly."
We love Chrissy for reminding us to be ourselves, love our selves and to laugh at ourselves.
- RoyalsPrincess Eugenie shares a never-before-seen video from her wedding to Jack Brooksbank
Now To LoveToday 9:10am
- MindThe world I discovered when I came off my anti-depressants
- MindFrom dating apps to social media - how to have a healthy relationship with your phone
Good Health ChoicesToday 10:00am
- FamilyAt home with Dame Valerie Adams and her 'lucky last' baby Kepaleli
Woman's DayToday 7:55am
- Diet & NutritionThe Mediterranean Diet: Is this the healthiest diet ever?
- FamilyWhy, at 84, Sir Michael Parkinson is allowing his son to turn the tables and interview him on stage
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 12:00pm
- FamilyThe Topp Twins on their absolute joy at having a baby in the family
Now To LoveYesterday 10:41am
- Married at First SightMarried at First Sight NZ brides share their body positivity secrets
Woman's DayYesterday 8:00am
- CareerMeet NEXT magazine's Woman Of The Year 2019 Winners
NEXTOct 11, 2019
- Mind‘I’m forever in your debt’: James Middleton shares an emotional tribute on Instagram
Now To LoveOct 11, 2019
- TVThe Bachelor Australia's Abbie Chatfield's heartbreaking abortion confession
Now To LoveOct 11, 2019
- MoneyJo Seagar gives her top tips on how to stay calm and solvent over Christmas
The Australian Women's WeeklyOct 11, 2019