For many women, wearing heels can cause all manner of foot problems.
From bunions to tendon damage, high heels can wreak havoc on our feet. So how can you fuel your heel addiction without having to forgo comfort?
Finally, after years of searching for the answer to comfy heels, experts think they have the answer.
A combination of Botox and dermal fillers, injected in to the ball of the foot, is apparently the magic duo that will get your feet high heel ready.
The procedure, that can apparently make stilettos feel as comfortable as flats, has become more and more popular – especially with professional women who choose to wear high shoes on a daily.
Podiatrist Jake Heath says a big part of his job is talking to people about footwear best practice.
"Wearing high heels changes the natural biomechanics of the foot which has been honed by thousands of years of walking," he tells The Telegraph.
“Postural changes associated with continued use of high heels can affect the anterior ankle, knee, hips and lumbar spine, as well as shortening the effective range of motion at the Achilles.”
There have been moves by some designers to create 'pain-free' heels, but so far the general consensus is that you can't experience the same comfort as flats from these kinds of shoes.
- RoyalsDid Prince William just accidentally reveal his nickname for Princess Charlotte?
Now To LoveToday 12:30pm
- RoyalsAll the times Prince Louis looked just like his big brother Prince George
Now To LoveToday 10:25am
- FamilyA foster family's heartbreak as the young man they took in as a baby develops more and more serious health problems
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:22am
- CompetitionsWin a 6 months’ supply of ChildLife vitamins and supplements for a healthy winter
Good Health ChoicesToday 8:00am
- Diet & NutritionLow calorie and dairy-free ice creams that'll satisfy all your frozen dessert cravings
Now To LoveYesterday 2:30pm
- RoyalsRoyal wedding 2019: The official photos from Lady Gabriella Windsor's wedding have just been released
Now To LoveYesterday 12:30pm
- FamilyAmy Schumer is 'mom-shamed' for returning to work two weeks after having her baby
Now To LoveYesterday 12:05pm
- BodyFrom losing 100kg to gaining a wife: Auckland man Brad Wheeler's incredible weight-loss journey
Woman's DayYesterday 11:45am
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine looks pretty in pink at the latest Buckingham Palace Garden Party
Now To LoveYesterday 9:00am
- TVOur top three moments from Dancing With The Stars, week six
Now To LoveMay 21, 2019
- FamilyGemma McCaw on navigating the first few months of motherhood
Woman's DayMay 21, 2019
- BodyMeet the inspiring Kiwi mum who battled bowel cancer while pregnant
Woman's DayMay 21, 2019