When winter comes around, New Zealand luxury-meets-street-wear label Ruby can be depended on for your next warm, wear-anywhere coat.
Designer Deanna Didovich shares her top tips on how to make the most of your winter staple:
"Winter coats are often wardrobe investments so they deserved to be cared for properly, so once or twice a season it is best to take it to a trusted dry cleaner."
"If you are unable to get your coat to a dry cleaner, you can wash them in the machine at home using a gentle cycle.
Just make sure you turn your coat inside-out to protect the fabric and use a delicate wool or cashmere shampoo.
Set your wash on a gentle cycle using warm or cool water, never use direct heat so make sure you hang dry and steam out any wrinkles.
Popping a wool coat in the dryer will shrink it. If you need to, you can roll your coat in a clean town to squeeze out any extra moisture."
"If you have any urgent stains you need to attend to, make sure you act quickly, use a delicate detergent and blot the stain before washing - don't rub. When in doubt, seek professional advice."
- FamilyHappy birthday Neve! New Zealand's First Baby turns one!
Now To LoveToday 1:00pm
- FitnessAdele’s taken up a new healthy hobby and it’s helped her lose more than 6kg
Now To LoveToday 10:45am
- RelationshipsOlympic rower Emma Twigg's whirlwind proposal: 'When you know, you know'
Woman's DayToday 10:00am
- FitnessSilver Swans: the ballet class for dancers aged 55-plus
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:15am
- CompetitionsBe in to win the trip of a lifetime to Italy with Jo Seagar!
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 8:00am
- RoyalsMike Tindall makes the Queen laugh when he reveals what's hiding under his top hat
Now To LoveYesterday 4:00pm
- RoyalsA woman is in hospital after an accident involving Prince William and Duchess Catherine's royal convoy
Now To LoveYesterday 12:30pm
- Real LifeJoyous news! Sub title technology for the hearing impaired is being trialled at NZ cinemas
Now To LoveYesterday 11:00am
- RoyalsRoyal ladies in blue! See all the gorgeous outfits from the first day of Royal Ascot 2019
Now To LoveYesterday 10:30am
- MindGemma McCaw's 6 steps to being confident in your own skin
Woman's DayYesterday 9:00am
- BodyWhy entering middle-age is actually the perfect time to get your health back on track
Good Health ChoicesJun 18, 2019
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan has opened up about the ‘joy’ of adopting rescue animals
Now To LoveJun 18, 2019
- TVCan Matty McLean surprise us all and last the distance on Celebrity Treasure Island?
Now To LoveJun 18, 2019