If you’ve ever been caught in the cold, tossing up whether it is worth whipping off your gloves to send a message or take a photo on your phone, you’ll be pleased to know that a stylish line of touchscreen sensitive gloves has made its way to New Zealand.
emke is the brainchild of a New York-based Australian entrepreneur named Emily Truong who came up with the concept after travelling around Europe in winter. Only able to find styles that "look like 'tech' gloves" to use her phone with, Truong spent two years developing a much more stylish take on the practical accessory.
The base of the glove is 80 per cent premium wool, with an additional layer of 100 per cent cotton for additional warmth and a soft, luxurious feel. The touchscreen tip is the secret to the design, which is made of a conductive yarn that matches the colour of the gloves so you’ll barely know it’s there as you type away on your smartphone or tablet.
All styles are priced at $28, and they come in a range of styles, including hounds-tooth or fur trim, and various colourways; namely black, coffee and red velvet. All are available to shop online now.
- BodyThe simple way to treat ageing skin concerns at home
Now To LoveToday 4:40pm
- TVCarolyn Taylor's epiphany since her return to TV on Dancing With The Stars
Woman's DayToday 2:00pm
- BodyThese common myths about sleep could be compromising your health
Now To LoveToday 1:00pm
- BodyEverything you need to know about measles and how to beat the disease
Woman's DayToday 7:00am
- FitnessHow our body clocks influence how effectively we exercise
Now To LoveToday 6:00am
- FamilyEight foodie road trip adventures that your family will love
Now To LoveYesterday 5:00pm
- Diet & NutritionIs margarine actually bad for you? Four myths busted
Now To LoveYesterday 4:00pm
- At homeHow the right retirement village enabled mum to be mum again
Now To LoveYesterday 2:25pm
- RoyalsPrince Harry's stunning wildlife photography is revealed in celebration of Earth Day
Now To LoveYesterday 11:31am
- RoyalsNew house, new baby, new continent? Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan look set to be moving to Africa
Now To LoveYesterday 9:25am
- Married at First SightMarried at First Sight NZ's Dan and Yuki: 'We're more in love than ever'
Woman's DayYesterday 9:20am
- RoyalsHow the Royal Family spent the day on the Queen’s 93rd birthday
Now To LoveYesterday 9:15am
- CareerThe Kiwi couple who are making comfy prosthetic breasts
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- At homeWhy a magazine subscription is the perfect gift for you or someone you love
Now To LoveYesterday 9:00am
- CareerAnnabelle White's recipe to living a happy, contented life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 8:42am