The Block NZ is back and the teams are looking better than ever.
This season, the four teams are competing in Hobsonville Point, taking on a 12-week challenge that will see them design and complete a family home.
Presenters Shelley Ferguson and Mark Richardson have returned to the show, Ferguson as challenge host and Richardson as show host.
"The competition element of this show has never before been so fierce. Last season proved that this competition comes with no guarantees. More than ever these teams are going to need to work hard, play by the rules and think strategically," says Mark.
"This season is special because it really exemplifies the idea of community; the houses are located in the heart of a modern development that is all about connecting with the community. With four nearly identical houses the pressure is really on for this year's teams to up their design game and stand out from their competitors," says Shelley.
Joining the show for the first time is judge Kristina Rapley, Editor of Your Home & Garden magazine, who will join controversial The Block NZ judge Jason Bonham.
The builds will be overseen by returning site foreman, Peter Wolfkamp.
At the end of 12 weeks the teams will sell their houses at auction and take home any profit over the reserve. The team that earns the highest profit will also take home the $100,000 grand prize .
Meet the contestants below:
Amy, 39, and Stu, 46, are The Block NZ's oldest duo from Gisborne. Stu is a plumber and a self-confessed bogan and Amy is a beauty therapist. The pair live under one roof with their kids and two cats. Amy and Stu are hoping their ages will put them ahead of the game.
Ben, 24, and Tom, 24, are best mates from Auckland. Ben is an architect graduate and Tom is a project manager. Tom describes Ben as his "brother from another mother." Ben says his proudest moment is designing his first home for a client, while Tom's job involves daily management of commercial renovations and installations.
Chlo, 25, and Em, 25, are best friends from Palmerston North. Chlo is an office coordinator and Em is a business owner. Chlo is the practical half of the best friend duo who loves 'To-Do' lists and Em is an experienced DIY renovator, recently renovating her first home.
Claire, 26, and Agni, 23, are gym fanatics and soul mates from Hamilton. The pair are passionate renovators and own their own house in Hamilton which they renovated and now rent out. Agni says his 'fiery and design-savvy' soulmate Claire will fight for what she wants, while Agni is more of the peacemaker.
The Block NZ premieres on Three, Sunday July 8th at 7pm and continues on Monday - Wednesday at 7.30pm.
- BodyRadio host Sarah Gandy has been diagnosed with breast cancer
Now To LoveToday 12:13pm
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan has jetted off to New York for her baby shower
Now To LoveToday 11:36am
- FertilityTips for couples who are trying to conceive and not pregnant yet
Now To LoveToday 11:19am
- Pregnancy & BirthGemma McCaw's praise for the midwife who delivered baby Charlotte
Woman's DayToday 7:00am
- MoneyOnline shopping fails - Kiwi consumers' hilarious tales
Now To LoveYesterday 4:00pm
- Celebrity NewsHarper Beckham and Anna Wintour's priceless twinning moment
Now To LoveYesterday 2:28pm
- RoyalsPrince William and Prince Harry are reportedly splitting their royal household after 10 years together
Now To LoveYesterday 12:15pm
- RoyalsHappy Birthday Prince Andrew: 7 things you may not know about the Duke of York
Now To LoveYesterday 9:30am
- Destinations CitiesThe all-women Bali retreat that saved my soul after my fiancé left me
The Australian Women's WeeklyFeb 17, 2019
- BodyWhy Olivia Newton-John isn't letting battling cancer for the third time get her down
Good Health ChoicesFeb 17, 2019
- Married at First SightMAFS baby on board? Reports suggest this bride is already pregnant
Now To LoveFeb 17, 2019