The Block NZ is back and the teams are looking better than ever.
This season, the four teams are competing in Hobsonville Point, taking on a 12-week challenge that will see them design and complete a family home.
Presenters Shelley Ferguson and Mark Richardson have returned to the show, Ferguson as challenge host and Richardson as show host.
"The competition element of this show has never before been so fierce. Last season proved that this competition comes with no guarantees. More than ever these teams are going to need to work hard, play by the rules and think strategically," says Mark.
"This season is special because it really exemplifies the idea of community; the houses are located in the heart of a modern development that is all about connecting with the community. With four nearly identical houses the pressure is really on for this year's teams to up their design game and stand out from their competitors," says Shelley.
Joining the show for the first time is judge Kristina Rapley, Editor of Your Home & Garden magazine, who will join controversial The Block NZ judge Jason Bonham.
The builds will be overseen by returning site foreman, Peter Wolfkamp.
At the end of 12 weeks the teams will sell their houses at auction and take home any profit over the reserve. The team that earns the highest profit will also take home the $100,000 grand prize .
Meet the contestants below:
Amy, 39, and Stu, 46, are The Block NZ's oldest duo from Gisborne. Stu is a plumber and a self-confessed bogan and Amy is a beauty therapist. The pair live under one roof with their kids and two cats. Amy and Stu are hoping their ages will put them ahead of the game.
Ben, 24, and Tom, 24, are best mates from Auckland. Ben is an architect graduate and Tom is a project manager. Tom describes Ben as his "brother from another mother." Ben says his proudest moment is designing his first home for a client, while Tom's job involves daily management of commercial renovations and installations.
Chlo, 25, and Em, 25, are best friends from Palmerston North. Chlo is an office coordinator and Em is a business owner. Chlo is the practical half of the best friend duo who loves 'To-Do' lists and Em is an experienced DIY renovator, recently renovating her first home.
Claire, 26, and Agni, 23, are gym fanatics and soul mates from Hamilton. The pair are passionate renovators and own their own house in Hamilton which they renovated and now rent out. Agni says his 'fiery and design-savvy' soulmate Claire will fight for what she wants, while Agni is more of the peacemaker.
The Block NZ premieres on Three, Sunday July 8th at 7pm and continues on Monday - Wednesday at 7.30pm.
- RoyalsDid Prince William just accidentally reveal his nickname for Princess Charlotte?
Now To LoveToday 12:30pm
- RoyalsAll the times Prince Louis looked just like his big brother Prince George
Now To LoveToday 10:25am
- FamilyA foster family's heartbreak as the young man they took in as a baby develops more and more serious health problems
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:22am
- CompetitionsWin a 6 months’ supply of ChildLife vitamins and supplements for a healthy winter
Good Health ChoicesToday 8:00am
- Diet & NutritionLow calorie and dairy-free ice creams that'll satisfy all your frozen dessert cravings
Now To LoveYesterday 2:30pm
- RoyalsRoyal wedding 2019: The official photos from Lady Gabriella Windsor's wedding have just been released
Now To LoveYesterday 12:30pm
- FamilyAmy Schumer is 'mom-shamed' for returning to work two weeks after having her baby
Now To LoveYesterday 12:05pm
- BodyFrom losing 100kg to gaining a wife: Auckland man Brad Wheeler's incredible weight-loss journey
Woman's DayYesterday 11:45am
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine looks pretty in pink at the latest Buckingham Palace Garden Party
Now To LoveYesterday 9:00am
- TVOur top three moments from Dancing With The Stars, week six
Now To LoveMay 21, 2019
- FamilyGemma McCaw on navigating the first few months of motherhood
Woman's DayMay 21, 2019
- BodyMeet the inspiring Kiwi mum who battled bowel cancer while pregnant
Woman's DayMay 21, 2019