Warning: Spoilers ahead.
The 10th anniversary season of My Kitchen Rules Australia has delivered a fair amount of shock and intrigue already. There's been strategic scoring, allegations of cheating (both of which have been aimed at Ibby and Romel), psychic predictions, backstabbing, plenty of harsh words and in amongst all of that, some pretty good cooking.
But it turns out things have been heating up behind the scenes for one couple. And no, it's not Pat and Bianca, the frenemies who seem to 'hate' each other so much it's like watching a schoolyard crush in action. This shock pairing is altogether more unlikely.
We started to see hints of it in last night's episode, when Piper seemed to be voting strategically to keep Victor and G in the competition. There were suggestions of an ulterior motive. And it turns out Sydney beauty queen Piper and Melbourne bartender Victor have been conducting a romance behind the scenes.
The truth is about to come out in an upcoming episode, when Piper starts to get grilled by the rest of the cast about what secrets she's been revealing to Victor. And while it was Piper's cooking partner Veronica who spilled the beans in the end to shocked reactions around the dinner table, apparently the rest of the cast already knew.
"Obviously they've shown it like nobody knows," Veronica tells Now to Love, "but behind the scenes everyone knew what was going on so it was no surprise," she says.
More frustrating for Veronica was the fact that 29-year-old Victor got up and left the table when the questions started, leaving mum-of-two Piper to face the music.
Watch: The explosive moment Victor walks off set. Article continues below.
"Victor's good enough to be with her behind the scenes but when it comes to the table, he just walks off the table and washes his hands so that's where my frustration is coming from," she continued.
Now, details have emerged about how the romance came to be, with Victor revealing that Piper and Veronica asked he and his MKR teammate G for help with critiquing their food.
"They came to us a lot asking for help, so we got quite close," he explained to TV WEEK. "When they made it out of elimination, we had a celebration, and yeah − she and I did get quite close."
Piper separated from her husband just before MKR began filming. Meanwhile, Victor went into the show single, describing himself as "always open to dating, if only she challenges me".
Victor has been upset at the way their romance has played out in the public eye, saying some "outright lies" had been circulating.
"I signed up for this, so I just have to suck it up," he said. "But it's not nice for her, because I'm a single man, she was in the middle of a separation and has two kids at home. There are other people to take into account here."
He says people will believe what they want to believe. "At the end of the day, Piper and I know what happened and that's what's important," he says.
"If she wants to speak about it, she's more than welcome to. The ball's in her court."
- PetsCelebrities and their pets: Dominic Harvey and Sydney silkie Kanye
Woman's DayToday 4:35pm
- FamilyChristmas with Cordis Auckland: Four delicious ways to celebrate the festive season
Now To LoveToday 1:44pm
- FamilyTheir daughter's last words: Psychic's message to grieving parents
Woman's DayToday 8:35am
- CareerAnnie Whittle on her role in the heartwarming movie Bellbird
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 8:20am
- At homeI sold my house to live in a van and I've never been happier
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 8:00am
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine surprised commuters when she caught public transport to her recent engagement
Now To LoveYesterday 4:15pm
- BodyKiwi parents' confusion about meningococcal disease prompts awareness campaign
Now To LoveYesterday 4:00pm
- RoyalsPrince Charles and Duchess Camilla begin their royal tour of New Zealand
Now To LoveYesterday 1:45pm
- TVBachelor Australia's Matt Agnew and Chelsie McLeod have broken up
Now To LoveYesterday 9:15am
- CareerMichelle Payne and her brother Stevie reflect on a life of tragedy to movie stardom
The Australian Women's WeeklyNov 17, 2019
- Body7 healthy ways to break through a weight-loss plateau
Now To LoveNov 17, 2019