It’s said that when you marry someone, you marry their whole family and we reckon Married at First NZ’s Brett Renall is on to a winner with his new dad-in-law.
On Monday night’s episode, Brett’s new wife Angel Heron spoke of her strong relationship with her dad Stewart and how much she adores him.
“My parents split when I was 13 and, unlike most, my dad raised me from then on.”
She said they have an incredibly close relationship. "I can't describe how much I love my dad... I can't even describe it."
In the episode, Stewart seemed slightly surprised but pretty relaxed about her decision to marry a stranger and he even helped her pick out a wedding dress.
In an Instagram post after the show aired, Angel said her dad was her best friend and has been a huge support throughout her life.
“When I was younger and did drama he used to buy a ticket to every production I ever did and watch the same show again and again. He would still be clapping with the same enthusiasm for the first show as he did the 10th.”
She said her dad was overwhelmed when he heard what she had said about him on the show.
"Dad didn't know what I had said in the interviews about him but he did tell me he has shed a few tears watching it," she wrote.
"I’m so happy my family supported me to do this but I’m even more stoked that Brett’s family seem just as amazing. Hit the second family jackpot guys and that’s just as important as nailing the husband," she said.
Brett, you have a lot to live up to!
- CareerRenee Zellweger on the similarities between her life and Judy Garland's
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:35am
- CareerMike McRoberts on his former glory days on the rugby field
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:00am
- Married at First SightJules Robinson takes aim at some of the new MAFS Australia cast
Now To LoveYesterday 5:40pm
- Career'That pregnant runner' Alysia Montaño signs sponsorship deal with Kiwi company Cadenshae
Now To LoveYesterday 5:00pm
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine and Prince William have shared unseen footage of their royal tour of Pakistan
Now To LoveYesterday 12:20pm
- RoyalsPrince Harry finally addresses rumours of a rift with Prince William
Now To LoveYesterday 11:00am
- DestinationsFive must-do family-friendly walks from around the North Island
Now To LoveYesterday 8:45am
- RelationshipsA sex therapist shares her top tips on how to boost your sex life
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 8:30am
- Body6 reasons why it's the perfect time to spring clean your health
Good Health ChoicesOct 20, 2019
- CareerHow Silver Fern Katrina Rore has found balance after a whirlwind and emotional year
Woman's DayOct 20, 2019
- MindShortland Street's Rebekah Palmer on life after loss and finding happiness in the small things
Good Health ChoicesOct 19, 2019
- MindBest-selling author Gwendoline Smith: the truth about depression
The Australian Women's WeeklyOct 19, 2019