Looks like Married At First Sight Australia's fifth season is already causing a stir before it's even begun.
A new teaser for the upcoming season introduced contestant Dean - and viewers are struggling to find a single redeeming quality about him.
In the clip (which you can watch above), the single lad is looking for a woman who will 'obey' him because apparently that's tradition? "I'm the man and I'm in charge," he says.
It gets worse.
"I like a girl that is girly ... I want someone that listens to me," he continues.
"I want to be the alpha male and she needs to respect me as the man. I think that's the traditional role that still exists in a lot of countries in the world and Australia's lost that.
"A lot of guys are afraid to be men now and they're getting whipped by their women. I don't agree with that."
WATCH: Get a sneak peek at the new MAFS contestants (story continues after video)
Naturally, people were furious.
"Geez I have no idea why this guy would still be single... Good luck finding someone to control," one commenter wrote.
"He's totally out of touch with reality and the equal dynamics of the modern day relationship. I already feel sorry for the girl who comes face-to-face with him at the altar," another wrote.
"We live in modern times. Relationships are equal. Both sexes deserve respect and dignity," a Facebook user added.
Dean will be meeting his new 'wife' on the reality dating show, set to premiere in early 2018. According to the show's psychologists, his new mate is his 'perfect match'.
- CareerThe Chicks Suzanne Lynch on nearing 70 and life being more exciting than ever
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 10:00am
- FamilyMental health advocate Mike King opens up about his daughter Alex following in his footsteps
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:41am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan has upgraded her engagement ring from Prince Harry
Now To LoveToday 9:15am
- FamilyThe woman who supported Arthur Taylor through four decades in prison
Woman's DayToday 8:30am
- TVThe Block NZ Firehouse contestants Stacy and Adam's biggest challenge
Woman's DayYesterday 11:39am
- RoyalsSarah Ferguson brings to light one of the royal family's saddest tales from the past
Now To LoveYesterday 11:39am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan reveals how she made her royal wedding to Prince Harry feel ‘intimate’
Now To LoveYesterday 9:30am
- Food & DrinksCassidy in the Kitchen: Bravo NZ host Cassidy Morris's easy peanut butter cups
Now To LoveYesterday 8:47am
- RelationshipsDWTS judge Camilla Sacre-Dallerup's romantic Queenstown escape with her husband
Woman's DayYesterday 8:35am
- MindWestside's Antonia Prebble talks motherhood, career and how she nurtures her mind, body and soul
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 8:00am
- BodyHow to best take care of your skin in cold winter weather
Now To LoveYesterday 7:30am
- Destinations CitiesThe intrepid Kiwi couple in their sixties who trekked 700km across Jordan
The Australian Women's WeeklyJun 23, 2019
- FitnessFeeling sore after you workout? Try adding these 6 steps to your exercise routine
Good Health ChoicesJun 22, 2019
- CareerKanoa Lloyd on what compels her to speak up for others
NEXTJun 22, 2019
- FamilyClarke Gayford reveals Neve received a birthday present from Prince William!
Now To LoveJun 21, 2019