Standing in front of the camera wearing a slinky grey jumper and cherry-red heels, Nadia Lim has been transformed into a new woman – or more specifically, Jennifer Beals from Flashdance!
Gone is the nervous celebrity chef from her debut on Dancing with the Stars and in her place is a confident woman soaking up the glamour.
"I can't lie – at the beginning, I was terrified. It took a year off my life, that stress!" laughs the 33-year-old.
"I didn't like the make-up, hairspray and getting dressed up, but now I actually look forward to the weekends."
Her proud dance partner Aaron Gilmore, 40, says he's loved working with the mum-of-two.
He tells, "I've seen Nadia change so much – it's amazing. In one of her first weeks, she was in rehearsal picking her nail polish off and now she walks in, telling everyone to check out her nails!"
The charismatic dance duo have formed a tight bond throughout the competition and the only thorn in their relationships seems to be that Nadia hadn't seen Flashdance before our exclusive Woman's Day photo shoot.
"It's a classic!" cries Aaron, shaking his head in dismay.
While she may not agree with his choice in films, Nadia has been closely following Aaron's advice throughout the competition and credits her improvement to him.
"I've been working hard and trust Aaron with what he says and it's been working out! It's a real trust thing."
Aaron quips, "And so far, it's worked – even if I did put you in slinky black tights."
- MindCould sound healing be the answer to enhancing your wellbeing?
Now To LoveToday 1:30pm
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan reveals Archie went to playgroup for the first time and ‘he loved it’
Now To LoveToday 11:00am
- Celebrity NewsJennifer Aniston finally joins Instagram and promptly breaks the internet
Now To LoveToday 10:10am
- CareerAll the highlights from the NEXT Woman Of The Year 2019 Awards
Now To LoveYesterday 3:00pm
- RoyalsSee unseen footage of Prince Harry adorably cradling Archie in the trailer of an upcoming documentary
Now To LoveYesterday 2:50pm
- BodyThe Mirena and Jaydess contraceptives are finally free for Kiwi women from November
Now To LoveYesterday 11:00am
- FamilyThe hilarious moment Art Green had with his son that every parent will relate to
Now To LoveYesterday 10:51am
- BodyHeavyweight boxing champion Shane Cameron steps up to fight Parkinson's disease
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:35am
- MindSurviving depression: Matt Chisholm's brave decision to quit TV
Woman's DayYesterday 9:20am
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine and Prince William receive a royal welcome as they arrive in Pakistan
Now To LoveYesterday 8:15am
- CareerThe latest famous rock star to be a big fan of Jacinda Ardern
Now To LoveOct 14, 2019