Bindi Irwin has been a force to be reckoned with on the current season of Dancing With The Stars (US), throwing her heart and soul into each performance.
This week, however, Bindi faced her toughest challenge yet - a dance inspired by her ‘most memorable year’.
For the 17-year-old, there was no question which year would inspire her performance. It was 2006, when an 8-year-old Bindi was rocked by the tragic news that her father Steve had died after being stung by a stingray on a television shoot.
“It’s been nine years and I’ve never really dwelled on that point when he did pass away,” she said on last night’s episode.
“I’m ready to tell that story.”
To pay tribute to her dad, Bindi and her partner Derek Hough performed an emotional contemporary dance set to a rendition of The Police’s ‘Every Step You Take’. The heartfelt dance had the audience mesmerised, and the judges were no less impressed, awarding Bindi and Derek a total of 28 points out of 30.
Judge Bruno Tonioli, who gave Bindi the first perfect 10 score of the season, told the 17-year-old that Steve was “dancing with [her] every step of the way”.
- FitnessOrangetheory: The new fitness craze that's taking off in NZ
Good Health ChoicesToday 10:00am
- BodyBeyoncé reveals the post-birth, pre-Coachella diet she says she'll never go on again
Now To LoveYesterday 2:25pm
- RoyalsA never-before-seen video of Duchess Meghan during a charity trip to India has emerged
Now To LoveYesterday 10:00am
- TVJohn Campbell is replacing Jack Tame on TVNZ's Breakfast show
Now To LoveYesterday 9:31am
- At homeFive ways to make every meal fabulous with Annabelle White
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- BodyWellington woman's life-changing recovery after controversial multiple sclerosis treatment
Woman's DayYesterday 8:40am
- RoyalsMore details have been revealed about Prince William's visit to New Zealand next week
Now To LoveYesterday 8:30am
- BodyThe psychology behind why we binge eat and tools to help end the cycle for good
Now To LoveApr 17, 2019
- BodyThe vital things you should be doing to look after your heart
Good Health ChoicesApr 16, 2019