Their fairy tale romance has kept everyone captivated, from their early years at the University of St. Andrews to their gorgeous wedding in 2011 at historic Westminster Abbey.
Now, five years on from that magical wedding day, we’re taking a look back at some of the most iconic moments of William and Kate’s love story in pictures.
After meeting as fresh-faced university students in Scotland, where the two were friends and flatmates, the pair embarked on a romance that quickly caught the attention of the world. After an initially rocky start – and several highly-publicised splits – it was clear that William and Kate were besotted with one another.
In 2010, William popped the question during a romantic trip to Africa with a very special ring that had previously belonged to Princess Diana. The next year, they wed in a lavish ceremony at Westminster Abbey that was screened to an audience of millions all around the world, with Kate looking stunning in a sweeping gown designed by Alexander McQueen.
Flash forward several years, and the couple are now proud parents to two adorable children – Prince George, 2, and Princess Charlotte, who will celebrate her first birthday on May 2. The arrival of their son and daughter has only brought William and Kate closer, with the Prince gushing about his wife during an interview with Sky News last year.
“It’s fantastic having a little family, I’m so thrilled,” he revealed, adding that Kate has been doing “an amazing job” as a mother.
With his new role as a father taking centre stage, it' s no surprise that the couple have also lent their support to a variety of charitable causes and organisations providing aid to young people. Duchess Catherine has been a vocal advocate for children's mental health, and more recently, Kensington Palace announced the Prince would be spearheading an industry-led taskforce to support young people affected by cyberbullying.
"This is an issue that The Duke feels strongly about," the palace said in a statement.
"He knows that social media and other technologies are creating significant positive opportunities for millions of young people. But as a parent, he knows that many people worry about how to protect their children from the new avenues for bullying that technology is creating. He hopes the taskforce can help the industry share the best practice that is emerging across the sector and put in place new standards so that the Internet remains something young people and their parents can embrace with confidence."
Click through to see our round-up of Kate and William’s most romantic moments
1 / 0
2 / 0
4 / 0
5 / 0
6 / 0
7 / 0
9 / 0
10 / 0
11 / 0
12 / 0
13 / 0
14 / 0
15 / 0
16 / 0
17 / 0
18 / 0
19 / 0
20 / 0
21 / 0
22 / 0
23 / 0
24 / 0
25 / 0
26 / 0
27 / 0
28 / 0
29 / 0
30 / 0
31 / 0
32 / 0
33 / 0
34 / 0
35 / 0
36 / 0
- TVOur broody Bachelorette: 'David Attenborough is my dream man'
Woman's DayJan 20, 2021
- Celebrity NewsJay-Jay Feeney and Paul Flynn: our perfect friendship
Woman's DayJan 08, 2021
- CompetitionsWin a double pass to our exclusive screening of Penguin Bloom
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyDec 27, 2020
- Celebrity NewsRobert Rakete's Christmas plans: 'It'll be a breeze!'
Woman's DayDec 25, 2020
- Celebrity NewsJase, Toni & Sam get festive with their four-legged friends
Woman's DayDec 21, 2020
- FamilyThe Terrace at Sylvia Park - what's on offer at this new dining destination
Now To LoveDec 16, 2020
- Celebrity NewsShortland Street's Ben Barrington and Ngahuia Piripi's Christmas celebrations
Woman's DayDec 16, 2020
- Celebrity NewsWendy Petrie and Matty McLean's festive cheer: 'Our hearts are so full'
Woman's DayDec 15, 2020
- Celebrity NewsKanoa Lloyd and Mike McRoberts' best Christmas ever
Woman's DayDec 14, 2020
- Celebrity NewsSoon I’ll be a dad to three under three! Sam Wallace shares his hopes and fears
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyDec 11, 2020
- Celebrity NewsCarolyn Keep's little miracle: 'The baby I never thought I'd have'
Woman's DayDec 10, 2020
- RoyalsMeghan Markle reveals she miscarried her second child in a powerful personal essay
Now To LoveNov 26, 2020
- CompetitionsWin a Farro Hamper and a double pass to Happiest Season
Now To LoveNov 25, 2020