They’ve been married for an incredible 68 years but have you ever noticed that Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip are rarely seen holding hands?
According to royal biographer Gyles Brandreth, who chalks the strength of their relationship to Philip’s ability to make Elizabeth laugh, the reason they don’t hold hands is due to their generation's “stoic values.”
Plus, Philip doesn’t consider himself a romantic! But that’s not to say they don’t have a loving marriage.
"If we regard the Queen's record-breaking reign as a success - and I think most of us do - Prince Philip is the co-author of that success," Brandreth told Radio Times.
"The Queen wears the crown, but her husband wears the trousers. He is the power behind the throne - shrewd, steadfast, never-failingly supportive."
But what’s one romantic activity they regularly engage in?
"Her parents loved singing and passed it on," cousin Lady Elizabeth Anson said in BBC Radio Two's Our Queen: 90 Musical Years, according to People.
"The Duke of Edinburgh and the rest of the family join in."
Watch Prince Philip discuss figuring out his role alongside the Queen in the player below. Post continues after the video!
While we would give anything in the world to be privy to such scenes, the Duke has always pledged his loyalty to the Queen.
“My job first, second and last is never to let the Queen down,” he has previously said.
So while they may not be the most PDA-prone couple, their bond is certainly unbreakable.
This article originally appeared on AWW
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine reveals Prince Louis has started talking
Now To LoveToday 9:20am
- BodyHer sister's keeper: Brave battler Eva Mitchell's unbreakable sibling bond
Woman's DayYesterday 4:40pm
- MakeupHow to find a foundation that matches your skin perfectly
Now To LoveYesterday 3:10pm
- RoyalsPrincess Diana's Travolta dress is up for auction so we're celebrating her best dresses from the 80s
Now To LoveYesterday 3:00pm
- BodyConcerning survey findings: One in three Kiwi women still don't self-check for breast cancer
Now To LoveYesterday 1:00pm
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine shares her family’s secret for picking the best Christmas tree
Now To LoveYesterday 11:55am
- RoyalsDid The Queen tell off Princess Anne for not greeting the Trumps? The truth behind the video revealed
Now To LoveYesterday 9:35am
- CareerChristmas horoscopes: What's in store for you this festive season
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 8:15am
- CareerTina Turner reflects on her roller coaster life and the peace that has come with retirement
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 8:00am
- CareerSocial media parody queen Celeste Barber on unexpected fame and where she draws the line
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 8:00am
- CompetitionsWin a wireless headphone prizepack thanks to JBL and The Australian Women's Weekly
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 7:00am
- Diet & NutritionHere are five health foods we’re set to be eating more of in 2020
Now To LoveDec 04, 2019
- Career'I wasn't expecting that': New podcast explores tricky issues for women in 40s and 50s
Now To LoveDec 04, 2019
- FamilyNZ's smallest couple: Meet our Christmas miracle baby
Woman's DayDec 04, 2019