They’ve been married for an incredible 68 years but have you ever noticed that Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip are rarely seen holding hands?
According to royal biographer Gyles Brandreth, who chalks the strength of their relationship to Philip’s ability to make Elizabeth laugh, the reason they don’t hold hands is due to their generation's “stoic values.”
Plus, Philip doesn’t consider himself a romantic! But that’s not to say they don’t have a loving marriage.
"If we regard the Queen's record-breaking reign as a success - and I think most of us do - Prince Philip is the co-author of that success," Brandreth told Radio Times.
"The Queen wears the crown, but her husband wears the trousers. He is the power behind the throne - shrewd, steadfast, never-failingly supportive."
But what’s one romantic activity they regularly engage in?
"Her parents loved singing and passed it on," cousin Lady Elizabeth Anson said in BBC Radio Two's Our Queen: 90 Musical Years, according to People.
"The Duke of Edinburgh and the rest of the family join in."
Watch Prince Philip discuss figuring out his role alongside the Queen in the player below. Post continues after the video!
While we would give anything in the world to be privy to such scenes, the Duke has always pledged his loyalty to the Queen.
“My job first, second and last is never to let the Queen down,” he has previously said.
So while they may not be the most PDA-prone couple, their bond is certainly unbreakable.
This article originally appeared on AWW
- MindThe world I discovered when I came off my anti-depressants
Now To LoveToday 9:00am
- MindFrom dating apps to social media - how to have a healthy relationship with your phone
Good Health ChoicesToday 10:00am
- FamilyAt home with Dame Valerie Adams and her 'lucky last' baby Kepaleli
Woman's DayToday 7:55am
- FamilyWhy, at 84, Sir Michael Parkinson is allowing his son to turn the tables and interview him on stage
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 12:00pm
- Diet & NutritionThe Mediterranean Diet: Is this the healthiest diet ever?
- FamilyThe Topp Twins on their absolute joy at having a baby in the family
Now To LoveYesterday 10:41am
- Married at First SightMarried at First Sight NZ brides share their body positivity secrets
Woman's DayYesterday 8:00am
- CareerMeet NEXT magazine's Woman Of The Year 2019 Winners
NEXTOct 11, 2019
- Mind‘I’m forever in your debt’: James Middleton shares an emotional tribute on Instagram
Now To LoveOct 11, 2019
- TVThe Bachelor Australia's Abbie Chatfield's heartbreaking abortion confession
Now To LoveOct 11, 2019
- MoneyJo Seagar gives her top tips on how to stay calm and solvent over Christmas
The Australian Women's WeeklyOct 11, 2019
- TVThe new Masterchef Australia judges have been announced - and the choices are surprising
Now To LoveOct 10, 2019