Meghan Markle's sartorial star power shows no sign of waning. The soon-to-be royal visited Northern Ireland in recent days with her fiancé Prince Harry for a surprise visit.
Such is the fervour surrounding the former actress's fashion choices that it wasn't long before details of her outfit began to do the rounds online: the cream cashmere jumper was by Victoria Beckham, previously worn for her official engagement photoshoot at Frogmore House, the bottle green midi was by Toronto-based designer Greta Constantine, the heels by Jimmy Choo and the wrap-style coat by one of Meghan's favourite outerwear brands, Canadian label Mackage.
Another royal occasion, another perfectly pitched ensemble, but it was the future Duchess's classically stylish handbag in low-key brown leather that really caught our attention – and it turns out that Meghan's covetable accessory has a special significance.
The Bloomsbury bag, which retails at an affordable £175 ($342 NZD), is the work of 23-year-old Charlotte Elizabeth Jones and her eponymous brand, Charlotte Elizabeth, launched in 2016 with help from The Prince's Trust organisation, of which Harry's father is the patron.
The Hertfordshire-based designer, who had left school at 16 because of heart complications, attended a Prince's Trust entrepreneurship workshop back in 2014, focusing on learning how to set up a fashion brand. Shortly after, however, she became paralysed for several months before eventually making a recovery and beginning to work on establishing her brand.
"Because I lost the ability to use my hands and muscles, I couldn't draw, so I was trying but it was very childlike,'"she told The Telegraph. "My sister's boyfriend is a designer so he drew more specialised sketches so people would know how to make them."
Working with the Prince's Trust, Charlotte (who, coincidentally, shares her two first names with a certain Princess Charlotte of Cambridge) has since managed to build her line of accessories, which are fashioned from British leather and made in Buckinghamshire.
The recently updated Bloomsbury style is not yet available to purchase (unless you're about to marry the fifth in line to the British throne, we imagine), but the designer's website is currently taking pre-orders in black, red and Meghan's choice, chestnut. We predict a sell-out…
- Celebrity NewsMiley Cyrus has shared brand new photos from her wedding to Liam Hemsworth
Now To LoveToday 2:00pm
- RoyalsPrincess Eugenie's special message to husband Jack Brooksbank
Now To LoveToday 12:00pm
- CareerKiwi women who've made it their mission to make life better for others
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 11:35am
- BodyThis 9 year old has a new heart thanks to one family's incredible gift of life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 11:00am
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine looks gorgeous in Gucci as she attends the 100 Women in Finance Gala
Now To LoveYesterday 10:15am
- Married at First SightIs MAFS' Mike Gunner running his own fan page? The signs are compelling!
Now To LoveYesterday 9:15am
- RelationshipsArt Green and Matilda Rice's family plans: they are so clucky!
Woman's DayYesterday 9:00am
- CompetitionsWin a double pass to Ports of Auckland Round the Bays plus a Samsung S9
Now To LoveYesterday 9:00am
- Celebrity NewsCold Feet's Hermione Norris lists all the reasons why she'd love to live in New Zealand
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 7:00am
- WeddingsShortland St star Beluah Koale marries his soulmate in a day of 'pure joy'
Woman's DayFeb 13, 2019
- BodyWhat it's like one year on from weight-loss surgery
Now To LoveFeb 12, 2019