Meghan Markle's sartorial star power shows no sign of waning. The soon-to-be royal visited Northern Ireland in recent days with her fiancé Prince Harry for a surprise visit.
Such is the fervour surrounding the former actress's fashion choices that it wasn't long before details of her outfit began to do the rounds online: the cream cashmere jumper was by Victoria Beckham, previously worn for her official engagement photoshoot at Frogmore House, the bottle green midi was by Toronto-based designer Greta Constantine, the heels by Jimmy Choo and the wrap-style coat by one of Meghan's favourite outerwear brands, Canadian label Mackage.
Another royal occasion, another perfectly pitched ensemble, but it was the future Duchess's classically stylish handbag in low-key brown leather that really caught our attention – and it turns out that Meghan's covetable accessory has a special significance.
The Bloomsbury bag, which retails at an affordable £175 ($342 NZD), is the work of 23-year-old Charlotte Elizabeth Jones and her eponymous brand, Charlotte Elizabeth, launched in 2016 with help from The Prince's Trust organisation, of which Harry's father is the patron.
The Hertfordshire-based designer, who had left school at 16 because of heart complications, attended a Prince's Trust entrepreneurship workshop back in 2014, focusing on learning how to set up a fashion brand. Shortly after, however, she became paralysed for several months before eventually making a recovery and beginning to work on establishing her brand.
"Because I lost the ability to use my hands and muscles, I couldn't draw, so I was trying but it was very childlike,'"she told The Telegraph. "My sister's boyfriend is a designer so he drew more specialised sketches so people would know how to make them."
Working with the Prince's Trust, Charlotte (who, coincidentally, shares her two first names with a certain Princess Charlotte of Cambridge) has since managed to build her line of accessories, which are fashioned from British leather and made in Buckinghamshire.
The recently updated Bloomsbury style is not yet available to purchase (unless you're about to marry the fifth in line to the British throne, we imagine), but the designer's website is currently taking pre-orders in black, red and Meghan's choice, chestnut. We predict a sell-out…
- BodyWhy entering middle-age is actually the perfect time to get your health back on track
Good Health ChoicesToday 2:45pm
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan has opened up about the ‘joy’ of adopting rescue animals
Now To LoveToday 12:30pm
- TVCan Matty McLean surprise us all and last the distance on Celebrity Treasure Island?
Now To LoveToday 12:00pm
- CareerJennifer Ward Lealand on being honoured for her commitment to her two great loves, theatre and te reo
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:27am
- RoyalsWhen and where will Baby Archie’s christening take place? Here are all the details
Now To LoveYesterday 4:45pm
- TVThe moving reason behind Dancing With The Stars winner Manu Vatuvei's vow to keep dancing
Now To LoveYesterday 4:00pm
- BodyBiggest Loser's Jillian Michaels’ top 15 health habits are remarkably simple to adopt too
Now To LoveYesterday 2:00pm
- TVFormer DWTS dancer Carol-Ann Hanna gives her verdict on the final show and Manu's win
Now To LoveYesterday 12:00pm
- TVDWTS' Laura Daniel spills on her relationship with partner Joseph Moore and their plans to adopt
Woman's DayYesterday 9:21am
- RoyalsPrince Harry shares an adorable new photo of Baby Archie in celebration of Father’s Day
Now To LoveYesterday 8:15am
- Diet & NutritionHow this Auckland woman lost 30kg through hypnosis
Woman's DayYesterday 8:00am
- FertilityConsidering freezing your eggs? Here's everything you need to know
Good Health ChoicesJun 16, 2019
- BodyRotorua parents' heartbreak: only a miracle will save their little boy
Woman's DayJun 16, 2019