It seems Prince Charles and Princess Anne are quite the dedicated royals! According to a new report from The Times, the brother and sister made the most public appearances out of the entire royal family in 2017. What stars!
Charles (the future king of England) attended 374 engagements in Britain, while Anne did 455. Impressive! On top of that, Charles carried out 172 engagements abroad, while Anne clocked up 85.
For the rest of the royal family, 2017 has been quite a busy year. For starters, Prince Philip, 96, decided to retire, however, he still did 131 public engagements. "His Royal Highness The Duke of Edinburgh has decided that he will no longer carry out public engagements from the autumn of this year. In taking this decision, The Duke has the full support of The Queen," the Buckingham Palace statement said at the time.
Since taking a step back from the spotlight, Philip has really been enjoying his time. "He is enjoying reading things he's always wanted to read and gets up to what he wants without an equerry telling him he has to be elsewhere, or a camera following him," a source recently told Daily Mail.
His wife, Queen Elizabeth, 91, has barely slowed down, though! She carried out 296 public appearances in 2017, which is impressive. Many of those engagements were around London, so not much travel was involved thankfully.
Charles' eldest son (the other future king of England), Prince William, did 117 public appearances at home and 54 abroad, while his wife Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge — who is pregnant with baby No. 3! — had the least of the group with 63 at home and 42 abroad. She had to cut back on her duties for a short time after suffering from hyperemesis gravidarum, a severe form of morning sickness.
Charles' youngest son, Prince Harry — who has been busy celebrating his engagement to Meghan Markle — carried out 139 engagements at home (some with Meghan, which we'll never forget) and 70 abroad.
We can't wait to see the royal family out and about in 2018!
This story was first published on our sister site Closer Weekly.
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine shares two powerful images to commemorate Holocaust Memorial Day
Now To LoveToday 11:00am
- Relationships'It's a Bradaissance': Brad Pitt is back and the world couldn't be more excited
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:19am
- CareerThe Great Kiwi Bake-Off winner Trevor Hall's exciting new business venture
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:00am
- TVThe 10 most memorable entrances on The Bachelorette
Now To LoveYesterday 9:10pm
- FitnessRunning just once a week lowers your risk of early death - here's how to get started
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 10:00am
- CompetitionsBe in to win a seven day Wellness Retreat with Resolution Retreats!
- CareerMeet Christine Fernyhough - the intrepid Auckland housewife who took on a high country farm and won
The Australian Women's WeeklyJan 26, 2020
- RelationshipsJay-Jay Feeney dishes on her sizzling summer with her 'toyboy' Minou
Woman's DayJan 26, 2020
- MindHilary Barry's perfect clap back at a viewer: ‘Enough with the age-shaming’
Now To LoveJan 24, 2020
- Diet & NutritionDiet and ‘detox’ teas have been pulled from New Zealand shelves
Now To LoveJan 23, 2020