We've all been dying to get a first look at Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's firstborn son. When Harry announced Meghan had given birth he could barely contain his joy, and it seems we're in for a treat when we finally get to see the little one, with the new dad describing him as "to die for."
On Tuesday UK time his brother Prince William and sister-in-law Duchess Catherine spoke for the first time since the baby arrived, with William joking that he was "very pleased and glad to welcome my own brother into the sleep deprivation society that is parenting."
He added they were "thrilled" at the arrival and were "looking forward to seeing them in the next few days when things have quietened down."
The Queen, however, will beat them to it. She is currently in Windsor with Prince Philip and due to pay a visit to Meghan and Harry and their new baby son today (keep scrolling to see the adorable first photo).
The visit will be important not only because it will be the first time the Queen can lay eyes on her great-grandchild, but also because of a very important royal tradition - the naming process.
It is understood that Meghan and Harry will have a choice in whether they give their baby a royal title - but it all hangs on the Queen's approval.
At present, the potential royal title for Baby Sussex is though to be the Earl of Dumbarton. As for the title of a 'Prince', this again down to the Queen giving it the green light.
On the other hand, Harry and Meghan may choose to forgo a title altogether, which isn't unlikely given their choice to stray from several other royal baby traditions such as the hospital photo call.
Watch: Prince William welcomes Prince Harry to the world of parenthood. Article continues below.
During an official engagement at Windsor Castle with Prince Phillip on Tuesday, the Queen was reportedly "beaming" as she was congratulated on her new great-grandchild, replying, "Yes, I know".
And it's not just the Queen who is getting to spend some quality time with the new baby - Meghan's mother Doria Ragland is also staying with the new parents at their home, Frogmore Cottage in Windsor.
According to royal sources, the new baby's first night was "peaceful and emotional", as revealed by royal correspondent Omid Scobie.
"It will be a quiet day in terms of announcements but tomorrow's photo call is not far away," he posted to Twitter. "Until then, Harry and Meghan are quietly enjoying private time at Frogmore Cottage with their new son. I'm told their first night as a family of three was peaceful and emotional."
Update 6am Thursday 9th May
The first photo of the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh meeting baby Sussex were released overnight. The special moment was captured by Sussex Royal photographer Chris Allerton and posted to the @SussexRoyal Instagram account.
"The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are pleased to announce they have named their first born child: Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor," the post read.
"This afternoon Their Royal Highnesses introduced Her Majesty The Queen to her eighth great-grandchild at Windsor Castle. The Duke of Edinburgh and The Duchess' mother were also present for this special occasion."
- RelationshipsThe incredible love story of this Kiwi soldier and his Slovenian heroine, who met through a barbed wire fence at a POW camp
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 12:00pm
- Diet & NutritionFibre 101: Everything you need to know about this essential dietary component
Good Health ChoicesToday 10:00am
- RoyalsWhy the Queen allowed Duchess Catherine to break protocol and kiss her in public
Now To LoveYesterday 3:18pm
- RoyalsPrincess Eugenie’s latest outfit has a sweet connection to her royal wedding last year
Now To LoveYesterday 11:45am
- Real LifeA Christchurch surgeon describes what it was like to be working on the day of the mosque attacks
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 10:00am
- RoyalsSee the vibrant flower that's been named after Baby Archie
Now To LoveYesterday 9:30am
- Pregnancy & BirthNewshub's Melissa Davies is pregnant with her first child
Now To LoveYesterday 9:08am
- RoyalsDid Prince William just accidentally reveal his nickname for Princess Charlotte?
Now To LoveMay 23, 2019
- RoyalsAll the times Prince Louis looked just like his big brother Prince George
Now To LoveMay 23, 2019
- FamilyA foster family's heartbreak as the young man they took in as a baby develops more and more serious health problems
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyMay 23, 2019
- CompetitionsWin a 6 months’ supply of ChildLife vitamins and supplements for a healthy winter
Good Health ChoicesMay 23, 2019