As the Queen welcomes in her 90th year, we take a step back in time and reflect on the royal couple's top sweetest moments!
The royal couple said "I do" back in 1947 in a glorious ceremony at Westminster Abbey.
Their withstanding relationship is based on their mutual love and respect but also a shared sense of humour, after all Prince Philip is notoriously funny.
As the man who continues to stand behind and supported his Queen, Philip has created a royal benchmark for amazing relationship goals.
In fact the Duke of Edinburgh "traipse around" and jokes that he is the "fella who belongs to Mrs Queen", rather than being "professionally qualified in something."
The mother-of-four is very comfortable around her husband, with her former private secretary, Lord Charteris once admitting, "It is not unknown for the Queen to tell the Duke to shut up."
Though there was a time when you wouldn’t get a peep out of her!
"You were so shy. I couldn't get a word out of you,” Philip recalled of his meeting with Elizabeth in 1939.
After 50 years of marriage, Philip famously joked: "You can take it from me, the Queen has the quality of tolerance in abundance!” The following decade he laughed that, "the secret of a happy marriage is to have different interests."
Joking aside, it is clear that it is the Prince’s utter devotion to his wife that has been a backbone to their incredible partnership.
"My job first, second and last is never to let the Queen down," he has sweetly said.
On November 20, 2016, The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh will celebrate 69 years of marriage. Click through the gallery to look back at their incredible relationship!
1 / 0
2 / 0
3 / 0
4 / 0
5 / 0
6 / 0
8 / 0
9 / 0
10 / 0
11 / 0
- RoyalsPrince William’s romantic surprise on Kate Middleton’s birthday
Now To LoveYesterday 2:19pm
- RoyalsThe Queen has stripped Prince Andrew of his military titles and royal patronages
Now To LoveJan 14, 2022
- Celebrity NewsAt home with Dame Kiri: 'You'll never want to leave!'
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJan 13, 2022
- Real LifeOne-armed Kiwi dancer Brylee Mills reveals why her disability won't stop her
Woman's DayJan 13, 2022
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine’s portrait photographer, Paolo Roversi, reveals Prince William and the kids’ favourite photo, plus special behind the scenes details
The Australian Women's WeeklyJan 13, 2022
- Celebrity NewsChris and Mel Cairns: 'We're in this battle together'
Woman's DayJan 13, 2022
- Celebrity NewsIn memoriam: Paying tribute to the stars we have sadly lost in 2022
Now To LoveJan 11, 2022
- RoyalsThree new portraits of Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge have been released to mark her milestone 40th birthday
The Australian Women's WeeklyJan 09, 2022