As the Queen welcomes in her 90th year, we take a step back in time and reflect on the royal couple's top sweetest moments!
The royal couple said "I do" back in 1947 in a glorious ceremony at Westminster Abbey.
Their withstanding relationship is based on their mutual love and respect but also a shared sense of humour, after all Prince Philip is notoriously funny.
As the man who continues to stand behind and supported his Queen, Philip has created a royal benchmark for amazing relationship goals.
In fact the Duke of Edinburgh "traipse around" and jokes that he is the "fella who belongs to Mrs Queen", rather than being "professionally qualified in something."
The mother-of-four is very comfortable around her husband, with her former private secretary, Lord Charteris once admitting, "It is not unknown for the Queen to tell the Duke to shut up."
Though there was a time when you wouldn’t get a peep out of her!
"You were so shy. I couldn't get a word out of you,” Philip recalled of his meeting with Elizabeth in 1939.
After 50 years of marriage, Philip famously joked: "You can take it from me, the Queen has the quality of tolerance in abundance!” The following decade he laughed that, "the secret of a happy marriage is to have different interests."
Joking aside, it is clear that it is the Prince’s utter devotion to his wife that has been a backbone to their incredible partnership.
"My job first, second and last is never to let the Queen down," he has sweetly said.
On November 20, 2016, The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh will celebrate 69 years of marriage. Click through the gallery to look back at their incredible relationship!
1 / 0
2 / 0
3 / 0
4 / 0
5 / 0
6 / 0
7 / 0
8 / 0
9 / 0
10 / 0
11 / 0
- Family8 foodie road trip adventures that your family will love
Now To LoveToday 5:00pm
- Diet & NutritionIs margarine actually bad for you? Four myths busted
Now To LoveToday 4:00pm
- At homeHow the right retirement village enabled mum to be mum again
Now To LoveToday 2:25pm
- RoyalsPrince Harry's stunning wildlife photography is revealed in celebration of Earth Day
Now To LoveToday 11:31am
- RoyalsHow the Royal Family spent the day on the Queen’s 93rd birthday
Now To LoveToday 9:15am
- CareerThe Kiwi couple who are making comfy prosthetic breasts
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:00am
- At homeWhy a magazine subscription is the perfect gift for you or someone you love
Now To LoveToday 9:00am
- CareerAnnabelle White's recipe to living a happy, contented life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 8:42am
- FamilyFamily meal inspiration: Jo Seagar's 'loaves and fishes' approach to family meals
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 12:00pm
- MindWhy travel memories play an important part in helping to develop our personality
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 10:00am
- TVDancing With The Stars' Manu Vatuvei's biggest fear when it comes to the dance floor
Woman's DayYesterday 8:00am
- Celebrity NewsDoting dad Ronan Keating enjoys a family day out at Auckland's waterfront
Woman's DayApr 21, 2019
- BodyMatilda Green talks motherhood, mental wellbeing and her plans for the future
Good Health ChoicesApr 21, 2019
- FitnessThese dance workouts will be so fun that you won't even feel like you're exercising
Good Health ChoicesApr 20, 2019
- RoyalsHappy birthday Her Majesty! Celebrating 93 years with Queen Elizabeth II
Now To LoveApr 20, 2019