Prince William celebrated his 36th birthday on Thursday, and because he's the generous prince he is, the Duke of Cambridge has gifted us with new gorgeous insight into his two eldest children, Prince George and Princess Charlotte.
The quietly chuffed father-of-three admitted George, 4, thinks his dad is cool now after seeing him in action on a construction site, meanwhile Charlotte, 3, is taking after her style icon mother and is fashion obsessed.
Speaking at the official handover of the newly built Defence and National Rehabilitation Centre at The Stanford Hall Estate, Nottinghamshire, on Thursday, Wills joked that his "street cred" rocketed after George spotted his dad driving a digger during construction back in 2017.
Like many little boys, George is keenly interested in anything with wheels, as his uncle, Prince Harry previously explained: "I can always hear the wheels of those plastic tractors that George loves playing on."
The centre, which William is a patron of, will provide rehabilitation facilities for members of the Armed Forces who have suffered trauma or injury during their service.
"I have been repeatedly impressed by both the speed and ambitious scale of this endeavour. I was present at the end of 2014 when the first building was demolished to make way for the new construction. George was very envious as I got to drive a digger… When completed next year, the DNRC will be a world leading centre for rehabilitation. It will provide pioneering treatments," the Prince said during a speech.
Although it was William's birthday, and the royal is allowed to be excused from official engagements on their special day, the kind-hearted Prince broke with tradition to attend the event.
The birthday Prince has had a busy week. On Tuesday, while visiting Liverpool, Wills spilled details on his little fashion queen Charlotte. Wills was gifted a pink satchel for Charlotte, which was embossed with her name. Speaking to the makers of the bag, Keith and Gail Hanshaw of Liverpool Echo, the Prince said: "Charlotte will be obsessed with that – I'll never be able to get it off her."
Charlotte's style icon mum, The Duchess of Cambridge, has before revealed that the youngster, who was seen accessorising her pink dress with pink sunglasses at the polo recently, loves the colour pink.
We can't wait to see the little Princess out-and-about with her newest accessory, the bag aptly dubbed, 'Mini-Windsor'.
- Family8 foodie road trip adventures that your family will love
Now To LoveToday 5:00pm
- Diet & NutritionIs margarine actually bad for you? Four myths busted
Now To LoveToday 4:00pm
- At homeHow the right retirement village enabled mum to be mum again
Now To LoveToday 2:25pm
- RoyalsPrince Harry's stunning wildlife photography is revealed in celebration of Earth Day
Now To LoveToday 11:31am
- RoyalsHow the Royal Family spent the day on the Queen’s 93rd birthday
Now To LoveToday 9:15am
- CareerThe Kiwi couple who are making comfy prosthetic breasts
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:00am
- At homeWhy a magazine subscription is the perfect gift for you or someone you love
Now To LoveToday 9:00am
- CareerAnnabelle White's recipe to living a happy, contented life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 8:42am
- FamilyFamily meal inspiration: Jo Seagar's 'loaves and fishes' approach to family meals
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 12:00pm
- MindWhy travel memories play an important part in helping to develop our personality
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 10:00am
- TVDancing With The Stars' Manu Vatuvei's biggest fear when it comes to the dance floor
Woman's DayYesterday 8:00am
- Celebrity NewsDoting dad Ronan Keating enjoys a family day out at Auckland's waterfront
Woman's DayApr 21, 2019
- BodyMatilda Green talks motherhood, mental wellbeing and her plans for the future
Good Health ChoicesApr 21, 2019
- FitnessThese dance workouts will be so fun that you won't even feel like you're exercising
Good Health ChoicesApr 20, 2019
- RoyalsHappy birthday Her Majesty! Celebrating 93 years with Queen Elizabeth II
Now To LoveApr 20, 2019