Rewind the clock on Prince Philip's life and you'd see a young man full of energy and fun (and a penchant for what the royal family would consider trouble-making).
Way back in the early years of his marriage, Prince Philip was a very social character – and the proof is in The Crown's depiction of the Duke of Edinburgh's once-believed luncheon club, The Thursday Club.
But years have gone by and the Duke has since retired from his reportedly debaucherous days, along with his royal duties, living out the rest of his days in the comfort of his home, Buckingham Palace.
And just when we thought spotting the Duke driving a carriage around Windsor Castle last week couldn't have piqued our excitement more, there he goes and steps out at the Windsor Cup polo match with his beloved wife, Queen Elizabeth II, to enjoy a day of front-row frivolities.
The Duke was clearly having a good time, beaming from ear to ear besides his darling 'Lilibet', sweetly chatting with her as the day's events unfolded. But the most endearing/hilarious moment of Prince Philip's big day out of retirement? The fact that he was rubbing shoulders with a Hollywood superstar and didn't even know it!
Prince Philip, 97, didn't seem to recognise Susan Sarandon as she introduced herself to The Queen. As reported by the Daily Express, the Duke of Edinburgh leaned across his "Cabbage" to get a better look at the star.
Speaking of Susan, according to People, Susan, 71, was hanging out at Sunday's Royal Windsor Cup polo match when she thought it'd be fun to go say g'day to The Queen.
She excitedly approached The Queen, bending down to shake her hand – something that we may think is lovely, but apparently is a big no-no for the British royals.
Despite The Queen giving the Academy Award-winning star her new signature smile upon meeting her, royal protocol states that guests should wait to be introduced to The Queen before speaking to her, let alone shaking her hand.
Whether Prince Philip knew who Susan was or not, we're sure that if he knew she was breaking royal protocol, the always-cheeky Duke would've liked her even more…
- BodyRadio host Sarah Gandy has been diagnosed with breast cancer
Now To LoveToday 12:13pm
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan has jetted off to NYC for her baby shower
Now To LoveToday 11:36am
- FertilityTips for couples who are trying to conceive and not pregnant yet
Now To LoveToday 11:19am
- Pregnancy & BirthGemma McCaw's praise for the midwife who delivered baby Charlotte
Woman's DayToday 7:00am
- MoneyOnline shopping fails - Kiwi consumers' hilarious tales
Now To LoveYesterday 4:00pm
- Celebrity NewsHarper Beckham and Anna Wintour's priceless twinning moment
Now To LoveYesterday 2:28pm
- RoyalsPrince William and Prince Harry are reportedly splitting their royal household after 10 years together
Now To LoveYesterday 12:15pm
- RoyalsHappy Birthday Prince Andrew: 7 things you may not know about the Duke of York
Now To LoveYesterday 9:30am
- Destinations CitiesThe all-women Bali retreat that saved my soul after my fiancé left me
The Australian Women's WeeklyFeb 17, 2019
- BodyWhy Olivia Newton-John isn't letting battling cancer for the third time get her down
Good Health ChoicesFeb 17, 2019
- Married at First SightMAFS baby on board? Reports suggest this bride is already pregnant
Now To LoveFeb 17, 2019