April 17 marked a sombre day in history as the Duke of Edinburgh, Prince Philip was laid to rest.
The Palace announced the news of Philip's passing on April 9, New Zealand time, with an official statement.
"It is with deep sorrow that Her Majesty The Queen has announced the death of her beloved husband, His Royal Highness The Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh," the announcement read.
"His Royal Highness passed away peacefully this morning at Windsor Castle. Further announcements will be made in due course. The Royal Family join with people around the world in mourning his loss."
The Duke's coffin, covered with His Royal Highness's Personal Standard and dressed with a wreath of flowers, was rested in the Private Chapel at Windsor Castle, where it remained until his funeral procession.
As per his own personal funeral arrangements, His Royal Highness's coffin was carried in a purpose-built Land Rover (which Philip himself helped design), flanked by military Pallbearers, as part of a small Ceremonial Procession from the State Entrance to St George's Chapel, for the Funeral Service.
As per tradition, the Royal Family walked behind the coffin from the Quadrangle, down Chapel Hill and into Horseshoe Cloister before the funeral proceedings began.
These are the incredible, emotional, and striking images from the proceedings.
- SkincareAll you need to know about retinol and anti-ageing ingredients
Now To LoveMay 06, 2021
- Married at First SightMAFS Patrick and Belinda: 'Pat will make a great Dad!'
Woman's DayMay 05, 2021
- Married at First SightMAFS Bryce & Melissa: 'We're getting our own show!'
Woman's DayMay 04, 2021
- RoyalsPrince Philip, the Duke of Edinburgh, has died aged 99
Now To LoveApr 09, 2021
- TVPopstars panel tells all: Rock regrets, secret crushes and dad jokes!
Woman's DayApr 09, 2021
- Celebrity NewsIron Mike's magic milestone: 'I'm finally in a good space!'
Woman's DayApr 07, 2021
- TVBachelorettes' show down: Our last-ditch effort to woo Moses
Woman's DayMar 30, 2021
- TVBachelor babes bare all: 'Our lives have changed forever'
Woman's DayMar 29, 2021
- Celebrity NewsSmitten but sleep-deprived! Sam Wallace and fiancée Sarah are on double duty
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyMar 26, 2021
- Celebrity NewsKiwi stunt star Zoë Bell talks brain injuries and break-ups
Woman's DayMar 24, 2021