April 17 marked a sombre day in history as the Duke of Edinburgh, Prince Philip was laid to rest.
The Palace announced the news of Philip's passing on April 9, New Zealand time, with an official statement.
"It is with deep sorrow that Her Majesty The Queen has announced the death of her beloved husband, His Royal Highness The Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh," the announcement read.
"His Royal Highness passed away peacefully this morning at Windsor Castle. Further announcements will be made in due course. The Royal Family join with people around the world in mourning his loss."
The Duke's coffin, covered with His Royal Highness's Personal Standard and dressed with a wreath of flowers, was rested in the Private Chapel at Windsor Castle, where it remained until his funeral procession.
As per his own personal funeral arrangements, His Royal Highness's coffin was carried in a purpose-built Land Rover (which Philip himself helped design), flanked by military Pallbearers, as part of a small Ceremonial Procession from the State Entrance to St George's Chapel, for the Funeral Service.
As per tradition, the Royal Family walked behind the coffin from the Quadrangle, down Chapel Hill and into Horseshoe Cloister before the funeral proceedings began.
These are the incredible, emotional, and striking images from the proceedings.
- TVHow winning The Block has changed Tim and Arty's lives forever
Woman's DayNov 25, 2021
- At homeBring summer into your home with this colour pallette
Now To LoveNov 25, 2021
- RoyalsAre Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank planning baby number two already?
Woman's DayNov 23, 2021
- RoyalsThe Queen’s special appearance for two of her great-grandsons after weeks of health concerns
The Australian Women's WeeklyNov 23, 2021
- Royals"She's alright!": The Queen makes her first in-person appearance since October hospital scare
The Australian Women's WeeklyNov 18, 2021
- Celebrity NewsKim Crossman's hidden heartache and why being a mum will have to wait
Woman's DayNov 18, 2021
- Food & DrinksEnjoy the taste of Provence with these refreshing rosé wines
The Australian Women's WeeklyNov 17, 2021
- Real LifeKiwi mum Rachel reveals how her premature son changed her life
Woman's DayNov 17, 2021