As a working royal Prince Harry does a lot of travelling for his job but as a strong advocate for looking after wildlife and the environment, the new dad is equally aware that travel can leave a big carbon footprint.
That's why you'll often find him flying commercial rather than taking a private jet – and it seems he also applies this mind-set to the hotels he stays at.
In a recent interview with CBS This Morning polo star and close friend of the Duke of Sussex, Nacho Figueras, revealed there's one request Harry always makes when he stays at hotels and it's down to his love for the environment.
The Prince, who travelled to Rome at the end of May to play in the annual Sentebale ISPS Handa Polo Cup, apparently requests hotels to be less wasteful with plastic products, Nacho revealed.
"He was there and we were at the hotel where we spent the night before the game," Nacho told the show.
"He talked to a person and said, 'This morning I got my coffee and I saw that you have a plastic thing on the coffee. And then I also sent my shirt and I got my shirt in a big plastic bag.'
"Can we please not use plastic?" Nacho recalled Harry asking.
Harry's father and heir to the throne Prince Charles is an incredibly vocal environmentalist, something both Harry and Prince William have both said has had a significant influence on them while they were growing up and how they live their lives now.
In last year's BBC documentary Prince, Son & Heir: Charles at 70, the two Princes revealed their father had instilled a particular at-home habit that they're "obsessed" with, which Harry admitted had taken his wife Duchess Meghan a while to adjust to when they started living together.
"He's a stickler for turning lights off," Prince Harry revealed about his father, "And that's now something I'm obsessed with as well."
Prince William agreed, adding, "I know, I've got serious OCD on light switches now, which is terrible."
And in the same documentary Harry revealed he used to get made fun of during his days at school for picking up rubbish.
"I used to get taken the mickey out of at school for picking up rubbish," he shared.
"I didn't go out consciously looking for it but when you go for walks anywhere and you see something and it stands out, you pick it up."
"He took us litter picking when we were younger," Prince William added about their father.
"We thought this is perfectly normal, everyone must do it. We were there with our spikes stabbing the rubbish into black plastic bags."
Added Harry: "I've literally done this because I'm programmed to do it because my father did it.
"We should all be doing it."
We couldn't agree more Harry!
- RoyalsInside a play date with Prince George and Princess Charlotte at Kensington Palace
Now To LoveToday 3:40pm
- PetsThe online pet product delivery service that just made your life easier
Now To LoveToday 2:00pm
- RoyalsIs this a clue that Duchess Meghan is relaunching her lifestyle blog The Tig?
Now To LoveToday 11:15am
- CareerFrom Shortland Street to water births: Katherine McRae's new focus
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:09am
- RoyalsNew book details the lives of the photographers who captured the royals behind closed doors
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:00am
- FamilyNadene Lomu's tearful confession: Pushed to breaking point after Jonah's death
Woman's DayToday 7:45am
- Married at First SightMarried at First Sight NZ brides share the details on their wedding dresses
Woman's DayYesterday 4:45pm
- TVThe one thing Jodie Rimmer did on Celebrity Treasure Island that her children made her apologise for
Woman's DayYesterday 8:55am
- At homeThe sensitive skin laundry hack that makes your clothes soft and speeds up drying time
Now To LoveYesterday 8:24am
- EntertainmentWoman's Day Bonds X-Temp hottest media hunk has been crowned
Woman's DayYesterday 8:21am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan shares an adorable unseen photo from Archie’s christening for Prince Harry’s birthday
Now To LoveYesterday 8:00am
- TVThe top five moments from Celebrity Treasure Island this week
Now To LoveSep 15, 2019
- CareerHelen Mirren on why being old is 'cool' and marriage is great
The Australian Women's WeeklySep 15, 2019
- CompetitionsWin a $500 Countdown voucher to launch your Disney Word tile collection
Woman's DaySep 15, 2019
- BodyDWTS winner Loryn Reynolds' sister can finally dance again after losing a whopping 70kg
Woman's DaySep 14, 2019