Prince Harry has once again opened up about his family's exit from the Royal Family at a private JP Morgan event in Miami, Florida last week.
During the appearance at the 1 Hotel in Miami's South Beach, Harry and Meghan's first joint public appearance since stepping back from the royal family, Harry reported admitted to the crowd that while their royal exit had been very difficult on him and Meghan, he does not regret their decision to step down as senior royals as he wanted to protect his family from the scrutiny he endured growing up.
He also opened up about the impact his mother, Princess Diana's death has had on him, revealing he has been going to therapy for the last three years to help him work through his childhood trauma.
Prince Harry has previously spoken about his decision to step back as a senior member of the royal family in a speech at a private dinner in London in aid of his charity Sentebale, where he revealed he felt there was "no other option".
"The UK is my home and a place that I love," Harry told the audience, "That will never change.
"I have grown up feeling support from so many of you, and I watched as you welcomed Meghan with open arms as you saw me find the love and happiness that I have hoped for all my life.
"I continue to be the same man who holds his country dear and dedicated his life to supporting the causes, charities and military communities that are so important to me. Together, you have given me an education about living. And this role has taught me more about what is right and just than I could have ever imagined."
Adding, "We are taking a leap of faith – thank you for giving me the courage to take this next step."
WATCH: Prince Harry shares 'the truth about his and Meghan's exit from royal life. Story continues below...
It also comes after a close friend of Harry's, Argentinian polo player Nacho Figueras, shared Harry had been suffering during the lead-up to the Sussexes' departure.
Speaking on ABC's special programme Royal Divide: Harry, Meghan and the Crown, the longtime friend said: "He has suffered a lot from all of the things that have happened to him.
"He suffers a lot from people judging him."
Adding the move was one to protect his family: "He's being a father," he explained, "This is a guy who is trying to protect his cub and his lioness from whatever it takes.
"He was the son of someone who suffered attacks from the press and it's undeniable. He doesn't want for that to happen for his family."
Since the announcement Harry, Meghan and nine-month-old Archie have been spending the last few weeks in Canada, where they also spent most of their Christmas break.
The couple's joint appearance last week follows reports the royal couple turned down an invitation to present the award for Best Picture at the 92nd Academy Awards on February 9th (US time), with a source telling Hello! that "they were honoured by the request, but declined the invitation."
It's also been revealed the Sussexes have been requested to return to the UK at the request of The Queen, to attend the Commonwealth Day service at Westminster Abbey on March 9.
According to The Sunday Times, the occasion will be the final round of official engagements for the royal couple, before they return to Canada.
Following their appearance, it's likely their full departure from life as senior royals will take effect, which includes no longer officially undertaking engagements for The Queen, losing their ability to use their HRH styling and no longer receiving funding from the Sovereign Grant.
Last year, which marked the 70th year of the institution, Harry and a heavily pregnant Meghan attended the service alongside The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, Prince Charles and Duchess Camilla, for the largest inter-faith gathering in the UK.
- RoyalsPrince Philip, the Duke of Edinburgh, has died aged 99
Now To LoveApr 09, 2021
- TVPopstars panel tells all: Rock regrets, secret crushes and dad jokes!
Woman's DayApr 09, 2021
- Celebrity NewsIron Mike's magic milestone: 'I'm finally in a good space!'
Woman's DayApr 07, 2021
- TVBachelorettes' show down: Our last-ditch effort to woo Moses
Woman's DayMar 30, 2021
- TVBachelor babes bare all: 'Our lives have changed forever'
Woman's DayMar 29, 2021
- Celebrity NewsSmitten but sleep-deprived! Sam Wallace and fiancée Sarah are on double duty
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyMar 26, 2021
- Celebrity NewsKiwi stunt star Zoë Bell talks brain injuries and break-ups
Woman's DayMar 24, 2021
- TVThe Bachelorette NZ's Lexie and Hamish are moving in together!
Woman's DayMar 11, 2021
- TVHit single Moses: 'I didn't think I deserved love!'
Woman's DayMar 09, 2021
- TVHere are the queens competing in RuPaul's Drag Race Down Under
Now To LoveMar 07, 2021