This is sort of funny! Prince George is next in line to be the King of England after his father, Prince William, but according to E! News, the Duke of Cambridge and Duchess Catherine have not yet told the five-year-old the exciting news.
But it's for good reason — they want the adorable little boy to have as normal a life as possible.
"With George they are trying to delay that moment of realization and give him normality before they thrust this on him," Catherine Mayer, author of Charles: The Heart of a King, once told the news outlet.
However, the royal family likely isn't blind to the fact that George is now in school and his interactions can perhaps educate him on the truth about his future.
"It will be, nevertheless, part of his upbringing both in terms of what he sees his parents and grandparents doing and probably quite soon a beginning of an understanding that he is in public life and what that means," Mayer added.
We imagine one day Prince George will look back and laugh at all the signs that proved he'd be the monarch one day. Like for example, how the entire world gushes over any official photo of him. Or how there's been coins made in his honor for some of his milestone birthdays.
The royal succession is very confusing, but to make it less complicated, just know that Prince George will be king after his father, who will be king after his father, Prince Charles. After George will be his younger siblings, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis because in 2013 the House of Windsor's line of succession changed to officially include princesses.
Before we know it, George will be wearing his very own crown — we're just not sure when Will and Kate will spill the beans to him!
Via our sister site Closer.
- TVWhat drove these celebs to sign up for Celebrity Treasure Island
Woman's DayToday 12:35pm
- Pregnancy & BirthWhy model Ashley Graham's baby bump photo has got everyone talking
Now To LoveToday 12:07pm
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine honours this lucky nine-year-old to celebrate World Photography Day
Now To LoveToday 11:15am
- CareerI loved him like a son: Phil Kingsley Jones remembers Jonah Lomu in his final years
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:29am
- TVMatty McLean says he's lived some of his proudest moments on Celebrity Treasure Island
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:09am
- TVThe redemption of former All Black Zac Guildford on Celebrity Treasure Island
Now To LoveYesterday 8:45pm
- TVKarl Burnett quits Celebrity Treasure Island as mental health suffers
Now To LoveYesterday 8:30pm
- Married at First SightMAFS' Cyrell Paule is expecting a baby with Love Island's Eden Dally
Now To LoveYesterday 1:21pm
- Pregnancy & BirthAll the gorgeous details from Samantha Hayes’ 'beautiful' baby shower
Now To LoveYesterday 12:17pm
- TVFour curious things we've learned about the stars on Celebrity Treasure Island
Now To LoveYesterday 10:42am
- TVThe first trailer for Married at First Sight NZ has been released and it's utter chaos
Now To LoveYesterday 9:48am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan and Prince Harry jet off on another family holiday to the south of France
Now To LoveYesterday 9:15am
- FamilyWhy Karl Burnett is hoping to be voted off Celebrity Treasure Island
Woman's DayYesterday 8:30am
- BodyLily McManus' secret battle: Why she hid her hearing loss
Woman's DayAug 18, 2019