This is sort of funny! Prince George is next in line to be the King of England after his father, Prince William, but according to E! News, the Duke of Cambridge and Duchess Catherine have not yet told the five-year-old the exciting news.
But it's for good reason — they want the adorable little boy to have as normal a life as possible.
"With George they are trying to delay that moment of realization and give him normality before they thrust this on him," Catherine Mayer, author of Charles: The Heart of a King, once told the news outlet.
However, the royal family likely isn't blind to the fact that George is now in school and his interactions can perhaps educate him on the truth about his future.
"It will be, nevertheless, part of his upbringing both in terms of what he sees his parents and grandparents doing and probably quite soon a beginning of an understanding that he is in public life and what that means," Mayer added.
We imagine one day Prince George will look back and laugh at all the signs that proved he'd be the monarch one day. Like for example, how the entire world gushes over any official photo of him. Or how there's been coins made in his honor for some of his milestone birthdays.
The royal succession is very confusing, but to make it less complicated, just know that Prince George will be king after his father, who will be king after his father, Prince Charles. After George will be his younger siblings, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis because in 2013 the House of Windsor's line of succession changed to officially include princesses.
Before we know it, George will be wearing his very own crown — we're just not sure when Will and Kate will spill the beans to him!
Via our sister site Closer.
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan's tips for hosting the perfect Christmas dinner
Now To LoveToday 8:30am
- FamilyGemma McCaw's Christmas joy: 'Words can't describe how grateful I am'
Woman's DayToday 8:10am
- BodyWhat form of yoga is best for you? Here are six of the most popular
Good Health ChoicesToday 12:00pm
- CareerThe near-death experience that led Wicken jewellery creator Kim McKay to become a good witch
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 10:00am
- FamilyChristmas with the stars: How Miriama Kamo will be spending the holidays
Woman's DayToday 7:55am
- BodyEating soluble fibre more could be a game-changer for those living with asthma
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 12:00pm
- BodyGemma McCaw's 5 rookie mistakes to avoid when working out
Woman's DayYesterday 10:00am
- BodyEarly bird or night owl? What your sleep patterns say about you
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 8:00am
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine reveals Prince Louis has started talking
Now To LoveDec 06, 2019
- BodyHer sister's keeper: Brave battler Eva Mitchell's unbreakable sibling bond
Woman's DayDec 05, 2019
- MakeupHow to find a foundation that matches your skin perfectly
Now To LoveDec 05, 2019
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine shares her family’s secret for picking the best Christmas tree
Now To LoveDec 05, 2019
- CareerChristmas horoscopes: What's in store for you this festive season
The Australian Women's WeeklyDec 05, 2019