On day six of the royal tour of Canada, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge brought along their adorable children, Prince George and Princess Charlotte, for a fun-filled day out at a children’s tea party.
The royal youngsters melted hearts as they played with bunnies, popped balloons and enjoyed the festivities at Government House in Victoria, where the family have been based throughout the Canadian tour so far.
Princess Charlotte was even heard saying her first word in public – “pop” – as she played with the balloons at the party.
The residence was transformed into a children’s party paradise for the occasion, with a petting zoo complete with miniature ponies on hand for the little royals to play with.
The Princess is said to have made everyone laugh as she attempted to lift the balloons off the grounds, with Prince William heard saying, “are we going to go pop?” to his 16-month-old daughter before asking her, “Would you like a balloon, Charlotte?”
Her older brother, Prince George, was initially a little more hesitant, but he soon threw himself into the merriment and was seen cheekily squirting some bubbles at his sister.
A troupe of children’s entertainers roamed the grounds, delighting the young party guests. The Cambridges were also joined by military families at the event.
“The Duke and Duchess were delighted to have the opportunity to introduce Prince George and Princess Charlotte to the people of Canada,” read a statement on the official Kensington Palace social media pages.
“It was wonderful for George and Charlotte to get to play with children from Canadian military families. Thank you to the Military Family Resource Centre and the team at Government House, Victoria.”
1 / 0
2 / 0
3 / 0
4 / 0
5 / 0
6 / 0
7 / 0
8 / 0
9 / 0
10 / 0
11 / 0
12 / 0
13 / 0
14 / 0
15 / 0
16 / 0
17 / 0
18 / 0
19 / 0
- Celebrity NewsMiley Cyrus has shared brand new photos from her wedding to Liam Hemsworth
Now To LoveToday 2:00pm
- RoyalsPrincess Eugenie's special message to husband Jack Brooksbank
Now To LoveToday 12:00pm
- CareerKiwi women who've made it their mission to make life better for others
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 11:35am
- BodyThis 9 year old has a new heart thanks to one family's incredible gift of life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 11:00am
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine looks gorgeous in Gucci as she attends the 100 Women in Finance Gala
Now To LoveYesterday 10:15am
- Married at First SightIs MAFS' Mike Gunner running his own fan page? The signs are compelling!
Now To LoveYesterday 9:15am
- RelationshipsArt Green and Matilda Rice's family plans: they are so clucky!
Woman's DayYesterday 9:00am
- CompetitionsWin a double pass to Ports of Auckland Round the Bays plus a Samsung S9
Now To LoveYesterday 9:00am
- Celebrity NewsCold Feet's Hermione Norris lists all the reasons why she'd love to live in New Zealand
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 7:00am
- WeddingsShortland St star Beluah Koale marries his soulmate in a day of 'pure joy'
Woman's DayFeb 13, 2019
- BodyWhat it's like one year on from weight-loss surgery
Now To LoveFeb 12, 2019