As the future heir to the British throne, little Prince George is showered with plenty of presents – but this latest one from his grandfather surely takes the cake!
In celebration of the little royal’s recent birthday, Prince Charles has reportedly splashed out on plenty of gifts for his young grandson. The most impressive is a hand-made artisan shepherd’s hut that Charles is said to have spent £20,000 on!
The Telegraph reports the hut is built in the Victorian style and comes complete with a wood-burning stove and day bed, while The Daily Mail reports the hut also has French oak wooden floors.
The hut stands in the gardens at Highgrove House, Charles’ personal estate in Gloucestershire, and will surely provide an exciting attraction for George when he visits his grandfather there.
The hut is said to be designed by Plankbridge Hutmakers as a thank you for Charles' help in establishing the company with a Prince's Trust loan. The company specialises in traditional craftsmanship and has made huts for other venues across the UK and Europe, and their website lists Highgrove Garden as one of these.
As well as George’s own playhouse, Charles has also reportedly renovated the treehouse he had built for Prince William when he was just seven years old.
Charles is said to be hopeful his young grandson will carry on his love of gardening and horticulture as he grows up, so his latest present for George looks to be a step in that direction!
Watch: Prince George playing at Government House in New Zealand
- BodyThe simple way to treat ageing skin concerns at home
Now To LoveToday 4:40pm
- TVCarolyn Taylor's epiphany since her return to TV on Dancing With The Stars
Woman's DayToday 2:00pm
- BodyThese common myths about sleep could be compromising your health
Now To LoveToday 1:00pm
- BodyEverything you need to know about measles and how to beat the disease
Woman's DayToday 7:00am
- FitnessHow our body clocks influence how effectively we exercise
Now To LoveToday 6:00am
- FamilyEight foodie road trip adventures that your family will love
Now To LoveYesterday 5:00pm
- Diet & NutritionIs margarine actually bad for you? Four myths busted
Now To LoveYesterday 4:00pm
- At homeHow the right retirement village enabled mum to be mum again
Now To LoveYesterday 2:25pm
- RoyalsPrince Harry's stunning wildlife photography is revealed in celebration of Earth Day
Now To LoveYesterday 11:31am
- RoyalsNew house, new baby, new continent? Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan look set to be moving to Africa
Now To LoveYesterday 9:25am
- Married at First SightMarried at First Sight NZ's Dan and Yuki: 'We're more in love than ever'
Woman's DayYesterday 9:20am
- RoyalsHow the Royal Family spent the day on the Queen’s 93rd birthday
Now To LoveYesterday 9:15am
- CareerThe Kiwi couple who are making comfy prosthetic breasts
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- At homeWhy a magazine subscription is the perfect gift for you or someone you love
Now To LoveYesterday 9:00am
- CareerAnnabelle White's recipe to living a happy, contented life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 8:42am