During a visit to a Bristol charity with her husband Prinve Harry, Duchess Meghan wrote messages of empowerment and support on bananas that were to be delivered to sex workers.
The charity, One25, works to help and support women break free from street sex work, addiction and other life-controlling issues, through practical and emotional support.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex had been observing and helping volunteers pack food parcels and warm clothes for the vulnerable women when the Meghan suddenly asked if she could have a Sharpie to write messages on the bananas.
In a post on the Kensington Royal Instagram page, it explained Meghan "learned of this idea from an act of kindness by a school cafeteria worker in the US who wrote messages for children."
"A simple gesture and a way to incorporate positivity and kindness for those needing a self-esteem boost."
The heartfelt messages included, "you are strong", "you are brave", "you are loved", "you are special", with the Duchess signing off each message with a heart.
The CEO of One25 Anne Smith told BAZAAR.com it was an unforgettable moment.
"That really touched me – and I'm not even a royalist.
"She was just watching the food being packed up and suddenly decided she wanted to write these beautiful messages on every banana they had there.
"She had clearly listened and heard what we are all about – that we don't judge, we simply offer the service and unconditional love," Anne continued.
"She totally got it."
A source reportedly close to the couple told BAZAAR.com that Harry and Meghan personally chose to visit One25 from a list of Bristol charities.
"Both were very keen to shine a light on something that not everyone is willing to talk about openly," the source said.
"They wanted their visit to help remove the stigma."
And it seems that the royal couple's visit has already started to make an impact – following news that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex had visited the charity, phone lines were ringing off the hook and donations already pouring in via their website.
During their visit to Bristol, Harry and Meghan also stopped in to Empire Fighting Chance, a charity which aims to fight the impact of deprivation on young people's lives through boxing.
While the couple were talking to volunteers and children who had benefited from the charity's work, Prince Harry met 15-year-old Lestyn, who became emotional while talking about the loss of his father.
Prince Harry, who lost his own mother Princess Diana when he was just 12, asked to talk privately with the young boy, telling him "the same thing happened to me."
The Telegraph reports Meghan made a heartfelt plea for the creative arts saying, "Channeling the energy you have into the creative arts and theatre and all of that is equally as important."
"Sport isn't for everyone, just as theatre isn't for everyone.
"You can know that there's a place [here] where you can find community, and sort of explore self-discovery and other things you might be thinking about."
- WeddingsDying bride's perfect day: My final dream has come true
Woman's DayToday 2:25pm
- RoyalsPrince Harry's trick to beating a heatwave? ‘Budgie smugglers’, he says
Now To LoveToday 1:00pm
- TVWhat drove these celebs to sign up for Celebrity Treasure Island
Woman's DayToday 12:35pm
- Pregnancy & BirthWhy model Ashley Graham's baby bump photo has got everyone talking
Now To LoveToday 12:07pm
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine honours this lucky nine-year-old to celebrate World Photography Day
Now To LoveToday 11:15am
- CareerI loved him like a son: Phil Kingsley Jones remembers Jonah Lomu in his final years
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:29am
- TVMatty McLean says he's lived some of his proudest moments on Celebrity Treasure Island
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:09am
- TVThe redemption of former All Black Zac Guildford on Celebrity Treasure Island
Now To LoveYesterday 8:45pm
- TVKarl Burnett quits Celebrity Treasure Island as mental health suffers
Now To LoveYesterday 8:30pm
- Married at First SightMAFS' Cyrell Paule is expecting a baby with Love Island's Eden Dally
Now To LoveYesterday 1:21pm
- Pregnancy & BirthAll the gorgeous details from Samantha Hayes’ 'beautiful' baby shower
Now To LoveYesterday 12:17pm
- TVFour curious things we've learned about the stars on Celebrity Treasure Island
Now To LoveYesterday 10:42am
- TVThe first trailer for Married at First Sight NZ has been released and it's utter chaos
Now To LoveYesterday 9:48am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan and Prince Harry jet off on another family holiday to the south of France
Now To LoveYesterday 9:15am
- FamilyWhy Karl Burnett is hoping to be voted off Celebrity Treasure Island
Woman's DayYesterday 8:30am