During a visit to a Bristol charity with her husband Prinve Harry, Duchess Meghan wrote messages of empowerment and support on bananas that were to be delivered to sex workers.
The charity, One25, works to help and support women break free from street sex work, addiction and other life-controlling issues, through practical and emotional support.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex had been observing and helping volunteers pack food parcels and warm clothes for the vulnerable women when the Meghan suddenly asked if she could have a Sharpie to write messages on the bananas.
In a post on the Kensington Royal Instagram page, it explained Meghan "learned of this idea from an act of kindness by a school cafeteria worker in the US who wrote messages for children."
"A simple gesture and a way to incorporate positivity and kindness for those needing a self-esteem boost."
The heartfelt messages included, "you are strong", "you are brave", "you are loved", "you are special", with the Duchess signing off each message with a heart.
The CEO of One25 Anne Smith told BAZAAR.com it was an unforgettable moment.
"That really touched me – and I'm not even a royalist.
"She was just watching the food being packed up and suddenly decided she wanted to write these beautiful messages on every banana they had there.
"She had clearly listened and heard what we are all about – that we don't judge, we simply offer the service and unconditional love," Anne continued.
"She totally got it."
A source reportedly close to the couple told BAZAAR.com that Harry and Meghan personally chose to visit One25 from a list of Bristol charities.
"Both were very keen to shine a light on something that not everyone is willing to talk about openly," the source said.
"They wanted their visit to help remove the stigma."
And it seems that the royal couple's visit has already started to make an impact – following news that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex had visited the charity, phone lines were ringing off the hook and donations already pouring in via their website.
During their visit to Bristol, Harry and Meghan also stopped in to Empire Fighting Chance, a charity which aims to fight the impact of deprivation on young people's lives through boxing.
While the couple were talking to volunteers and children who had benefited from the charity's work, Prince Harry met 15-year-old Lestyn, who became emotional while talking about the loss of his father.
Prince Harry, who lost his own mother Princess Diana when he was just 12, asked to talk privately with the young boy, telling him "the same thing happened to me."
The Telegraph reports Meghan made a heartfelt plea for the creative arts saying, "Channeling the energy you have into the creative arts and theatre and all of that is equally as important."
"Sport isn't for everyone, just as theatre isn't for everyone.
"You can know that there's a place [here] where you can find community, and sort of explore self-discovery and other things you might be thinking about."
- BodyRadio host Sarah Gandy has been diagnosed with breast cancer
Now To LoveToday 12:13pm
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan has jetted off to New York for her baby shower
Now To LoveToday 11:36am
- FertilityTips for couples who are trying to conceive and not pregnant yet
Now To LoveToday 11:19am
- Pregnancy & BirthGemma McCaw's praise for the midwife who delivered baby Charlotte
Woman's DayToday 7:00am
- MoneyOnline shopping fails - Kiwi consumers' hilarious tales
Now To LoveYesterday 4:00pm
- Celebrity NewsHarper Beckham and Anna Wintour's priceless twinning moment
Now To LoveYesterday 2:28pm
- RoyalsPrince William and Prince Harry are reportedly splitting their royal household after 10 years together
Now To LoveYesterday 12:15pm
- RoyalsHappy Birthday Prince Andrew: 7 things you may not know about the Duke of York
Now To LoveYesterday 9:30am
- Destinations CitiesThe all-women Bali retreat that saved my soul after my fiancé left me
The Australian Women's WeeklyFeb 17, 2019
- BodyWhy Olivia Newton-John isn't letting battling cancer for the third time get her down
Good Health ChoicesFeb 17, 2019
- Married at First SightMAFS baby on board? Reports suggest this bride is already pregnant
Now To LoveFeb 17, 2019