This year was arguably Meghan Markle's best yet — she did marry a Prince, after all! — but the Duchess of Sussex reportedly passed on a big opportunity that would have made her 2018 even more fabulous.
According to OK! Magazine, Vogue's Editor-in-chief Anna Wintour actually wanted Meghan to star on the prestigious publication's September issue cover instead of Beyoncé.
"Editor-in-chief Anna Wintour really wanted it to be Meghan Markle," a source revealed.
"Anna offered to photograph the cover anywhere Meghan wanted and was willing to oversee the shoot and interview her personally. But Meghan said no, so Vogue moved on to pop royalty instead!"
If Meghan had graced Vogue's cover, she wouldn't have been the first royal to do so.
Back in June 2016, Meghan's sister-in-law Kate Middleton appeared on British Vogue's centenary cover and had a gorgeous 10-page spread within the magazine.
"It's a huge honour and incredibly exciting for us to have HRH The Duchess of Cambridge featuring on the cover of British Vogue and as part of our centenary issue," editor-in-chief Alexandra Shulman said at the time.
"For me personally it has been a wonderful experience to have had the opportunity to work with her on this, and I am immensely proud of what we have produced. This special issue of the magazine is very close to my heart as it had to reflect on 100 years of British Vogue, and so I am hugely grateful that we have been able to continue with our tradition of outstanding royal portraiture with these pictures," Shulman added.
Back in summer 2016, Queen Elizabeth similarly appeared on the cover of Vanity Fair magazine (with her corgis!) to commemorate her 90th birthday.
Princess Diana also starred on a Vanity Fair cover in July 1997, Princess Beatrice gave her first official interview and appeared on Tatler magazine's cover in September 2005, and Princess Eugenie graced Tatler's cover in April 2008. And Meghan's husband, Prince Harry, appeared on Town & Country magazine's cover in February 2017!
Via our sister site Closer Weekly.
- Pregnancy & BirthSamantha Hayes excitedly announces the gender of her baby
Now To LoveToday 12:00pm
- Diet & NutritionThe truth about coconut oil: Is it actually as good for us as we've been told?
Good Health ChoicesToday 10:00am
- CareerMean Mums' Morgana O'Reilly gets candid about her school days
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 9:23am
- FamilyHow to get your children off the screens and out into the sunshine
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 12:00pm
- Pregnancy & BirthFear and panic followed by joy: The Edge's Chang Hung welcomes his much longed-for daughter
Woman's DayYesterday 8:00am
- CareerHow Louise Stainthorpe went from stay at home mum to 'badass businesswoman'
Woman's DayJul 19, 2019
- FitnessCommon mistakes to avoid when you're working out for weight loss
Good Health ChoicesJul 19, 2019
- RoyalsThe very unusual way Duchess Camilla just celebrated her 72nd birthday
Now To LoveJul 18, 2019
- TVThe Block NZ's Lisa and Ribz fire back at the 'harsh and nasty' judges
Woman's DayJul 18, 2019
- CareerQueen of tiny: Why I love recreating everything I see in miniature
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJul 18, 2019
- CompetitionsWin a black and a rose gold Samsung Galaxy Watch Active worth $349 each!
Good Health ChoicesJul 18, 2019
- WeddingsBride quits job to plan her dream wedding and demands her fiancé get a second job
Now To LoveJul 17, 2019
- BodyKaty Perry and Orlando Bloom's new age secret to staying young
Now To LoveJul 17, 2019