This year was arguably Meghan Markle's best yet — she did marry a Prince, after all! — but the Duchess of Sussex reportedly passed on a big opportunity that would have made her 2018 even more fabulous.
According to OK! Magazine, Vogue's Editor-in-chief Anna Wintour actually wanted Meghan to star on the prestigious publication's September issue cover instead of Beyoncé.
"Editor-in-chief Anna Wintour really wanted it to be Meghan Markle," a source revealed.
"Anna offered to photograph the cover anywhere Meghan wanted and was willing to oversee the shoot and interview her personally. But Meghan said no, so Vogue moved on to pop royalty instead!"
If Meghan had graced Vogue's cover, she wouldn't have been the first royal to do so.
Back in June 2016, Meghan's sister-in-law Kate Middleton appeared on British Vogue's centenary cover and had a gorgeous 10-page spread within the magazine.
"It's a huge honour and incredibly exciting for us to have HRH The Duchess of Cambridge featuring on the cover of British Vogue and as part of our centenary issue," editor-in-chief Alexandra Shulman said at the time.
"For me personally it has been a wonderful experience to have had the opportunity to work with her on this, and I am immensely proud of what we have produced. This special issue of the magazine is very close to my heart as it had to reflect on 100 years of British Vogue, and so I am hugely grateful that we have been able to continue with our tradition of outstanding royal portraiture with these pictures," Shulman added.
Back in summer 2016, Queen Elizabeth similarly appeared on the cover of Vanity Fair magazine (with her corgis!) to commemorate her 90th birthday.
Princess Diana also starred on a Vanity Fair cover in July 1997, Princess Beatrice gave her first official interview and appeared on Tatler magazine's cover in September 2005, and Princess Eugenie graced Tatler's cover in April 2008. And Meghan's husband, Prince Harry, appeared on Town & Country magazine's cover in February 2017!
Via our sister site Closer Weekly.
- BodyRadio host Sarah Gandy has been diagnosed with breast cancer
Now To LoveToday 12:13pm
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan has jetted off to New York for her baby shower
Now To LoveToday 11:36am
- FertilityTips for couples who are trying to conceive and not pregnant yet
Now To LoveToday 11:19am
- Pregnancy & BirthGemma McCaw's praise for the midwife who delivered baby Charlotte
Woman's DayToday 7:00am
- MoneyOnline shopping fails - Kiwi consumers' hilarious tales
Now To LoveYesterday 4:00pm
- Celebrity NewsHarper Beckham and Anna Wintour's priceless twinning moment
Now To LoveYesterday 2:28pm
- RoyalsPrince William and Prince Harry are reportedly splitting their royal household after 10 years together
Now To LoveYesterday 12:15pm
- RoyalsHappy Birthday Prince Andrew: 7 things you may not know about the Duke of York
Now To LoveYesterday 9:30am
- Destinations CitiesThe all-women Bali retreat that saved my soul after my fiancé left me
The Australian Women's WeeklyFeb 17, 2019
- BodyWhy Olivia Newton-John isn't letting battling cancer for the third time get her down
Good Health ChoicesFeb 17, 2019
- Married at First SightMAFS baby on board? Reports suggest this bride is already pregnant
Now To LoveFeb 17, 2019