It seems Meghan Markle couldn't stay away from the small screen for too long! The former Suits star is appearing in an upcoming documentary about Queen Elizabeth called Queen of the World — which is set to air in two different installments on ITV later this month — and, in a newly-released preview clip for the film, Meghan can be seen sweetly viewing her royal wedding dress for the very first time!
In the ITV video, Meghan wore a huge smile as she looked her gorgeous Givenchy gown up and down. Then, as she touched her bespoke veil — which featured hand-embroidered flowers from each of the 53 Commonwealth counties — the Duchess exclaimed, "Fifty-three countries, oh my goodness. It'll keep us busy."
During a previous interview with People, a palace source revealed that Meghan, 37, is involved in "a conversation, a stand-up chat" about the British monarch and the Commonwealth alongside Prince Harry and other royal family members (including Prince Charles and Prince William) in the documentary. According to ITV, the documentary will feature "behind-the-scenes moments with the Sovereign and other members of the royal family".
The documentary will hit television screens in late September, shortly before Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan's royal tour of Australia, New Zealand, Fiji, and Tonga.
"The Queen is the most well-travelled monarch in history and it's been fascinating to see how she has passed on her experience to the younger generations of the royal family," Nicolas Kent, Creative Director for Oxford Films and Executive Producer for Queen of the World said.
"With the Duke and Duchess of Sussex about to embark on their first Commonwealth Tour to Australia, New Zealand, and the Pacific exactly 65 years after the Queen's first Commonwealth Tour, this series could not be more timely."
And ITV clearly made a good pick having Meghan in the flick, considering her close bond with the Queen.
"Whenever they're together, they always have a giggle, and Her Majesty seems to really enjoy hearing Meghan's thoughts on the world," an insider told Us Weekly. "While Meghan and the Queen come from two very different backgrounds and generations, there's a warmth between the two that's genuine and loving."
We can't wait to watch!
- RoyalsWhy the Queen allowed Duchess Catherine to break protocol and kiss her in public
Now To LoveToday 3:18pm
- RoyalsPrincess Eugenie’s latest outfit has a sweet connection to her royal wedding last year
Now To LoveToday 11:45am
- Real LifeA Christchurch surgeon describes what it was like to be working on the day of the mosque attacks
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 10:00am
- RoyalsSee the vibrant flower that's been named after Baby Archie
Now To LoveToday 9:30am
- Pregnancy & BirthNewshub's Melissa Davies is pregnant with her first child
Now To LoveToday 9:08am
- WeddingsUnlucky-in-love MAFS bride Ning sells her unworn wedding dress in an attempt to 'bury' her past
Now To LoveYesterday 5:00pm
- RoyalsDid Prince William just accidentally reveal his nickname for Princess Charlotte?
Now To LoveYesterday 12:30pm
- RoyalsAll the times Prince Louis looked just like his big brother Prince George
Now To LoveYesterday 10:25am
- FamilyA foster family's heartbreak as the young man they took in as a baby develops more and more serious health problems
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:22am
- Married at First SightMarried at First Sight's Daniel Webb reveals he has received death threats
Now To LoveYesterday 8:12am
- CompetitionsWin a 6 months’ supply of ChildLife vitamins and supplements for a healthy winter
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 8:00am
- FamilyAmy Schumer is 'mom-shamed' for returning to work two weeks after having her baby
Now To LoveMay 22, 2019
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine looks pretty in pink at the latest Buckingham Palace Garden Party
Now To LoveMay 22, 2019