It seems Meghan Markle couldn't stay away from the small screen for too long! The former Suits star is appearing in an upcoming documentary about Queen Elizabeth called Queen of the World — which is set to air in two different installments on ITV later this month — and, in a newly-released preview clip for the film, Meghan can be seen sweetly viewing her royal wedding dress for the very first time!
In the ITV video, Meghan wore a huge smile as she looked her gorgeous Givenchy gown up and down. Then, as she touched her bespoke veil — which featured hand-embroidered flowers from each of the 53 Commonwealth counties — the Duchess exclaimed, "Fifty-three countries, oh my goodness. It'll keep us busy."
During a previous interview with People, a palace source revealed that Meghan, 37, is involved in "a conversation, a stand-up chat" about the British monarch and the Commonwealth alongside Prince Harry and other royal family members (including Prince Charles and Prince William) in the documentary. According to ITV, the documentary will feature "behind-the-scenes moments with the Sovereign and other members of the royal family".
The documentary will hit television screens in late September, shortly before Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan's royal tour of Australia, New Zealand, Fiji, and Tonga.
"The Queen is the most well-travelled monarch in history and it's been fascinating to see how she has passed on her experience to the younger generations of the royal family," Nicolas Kent, Creative Director for Oxford Films and Executive Producer for Queen of the World said.
"With the Duke and Duchess of Sussex about to embark on their first Commonwealth Tour to Australia, New Zealand, and the Pacific exactly 65 years after the Queen's first Commonwealth Tour, this series could not be more timely."
And ITV clearly made a good pick having Meghan in the flick, considering her close bond with the Queen.
"Whenever they're together, they always have a giggle, and Her Majesty seems to really enjoy hearing Meghan's thoughts on the world," an insider told Us Weekly. "While Meghan and the Queen come from two very different backgrounds and generations, there's a warmth between the two that's genuine and loving."
We can't wait to watch!
- Celebrity NewsMiley Cyrus has shared brand new photos from her wedding to Liam Hemsworth
Now To LoveYesterday 2:00pm
- RoyalsPrincess Eugenie's special message to husband Jack Brooksbank
Now To LoveYesterday 12:00pm
- CareerKiwi women who've made it their mission to make life better for others
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 11:35am
- BodyThis 9 year old has a new heart thanks to one family's incredible gift of life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 11:00am
- RoyalsPrince Harry spent Valentine's Day next to a shrine dedicated to himself and Duchess Meghan
Now To LoveYesterday 10:30am
- Married at First SightMAFS' Matthew Bennett insists losing his virginity to Lauren hasn't changed him
Now To LoveYesterday 8:30am
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine looks gorgeous in Gucci as she attends the 100 Women in Finance Gala
Now To LoveFeb 14, 2019
- RelationshipsArt Green and Matilda Rice's family plans: they are so clucky!
Woman's DayFeb 14, 2019
- CompetitionsWin a double pass to Ports of Auckland Round the Bays plus a Samsung S9
Now To LoveFeb 14, 2019
- Celebrity NewsCold Feet's Hermione Norris lists all the reasons why she'd love to live in New Zealand
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyFeb 14, 2019
- WeddingsShortland St star Beluah Koale marries his soulmate in a day of 'pure joy'
Woman's DayFeb 13, 2019