The Duchess of Sussex has joined the Duke of Sussex in the UK from Canada, making her first public appearance since the couple made the bombshell announcement they would be stepping back from their roles as senior royals.
Duchess Meghan was a picture of perfection as she stepped out with Prince Harry for the annual Endeavour Fund Awards on Thursday night.
The duchess paired a fitted bright blue Victoria Beckham dress with royal blue suede pumps and matching clutch, styling her hair in a sleeked-back low ponytail. Harry also opted for blue, choosing the hue for his suit and tie.
While the weather wasn't playing ball for the awards evening - which celebrates the achievements of wounded, injured and sick servicemen and women who have excelled in sporting and adventure pursuits - the rain didn't dampen the couple's mood, smiling as they entered the venue, Mansion House.
Ahead of the reception Harry and Meghan met with the nominees as well as Endeavour participants and key supporters of the fund. During the ceremony, hosted by former Invictus Games medallist JJ Chalmers, the couple each presented an award and Harry gave a short speech.
Thursday's event marked Harry and Meghan's first joint public appearance since they made the bombshell announcement they would be stepping back as senior members of the royal family and will also mark one of their last when they officially depart royal life from March 31.
Harry and Meghan have a couple more engagements planned before the Commonwealth Day service on March 9, which is thought to be their final public engagement. There the couple will join other members of the royal family including the Queen, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, Prince Charles and Duchess Camilla, in what will be their first public appearance with the Royal Family since their monumental decision.
Harry arrived from Canada last week ahead of Meghan, to attend a working summit in Edinburgh for his sustainable travel initiative, Travalyst.
While the couple's 10-month-old son Archie had reportedly been expected to travel to the UK with Meghan, reports have indicated he has remained at their new home in Canada due to the growing risk of the coronavirus.
The couple has agreed to a review of the new agreement arrangements between the Sussexes and the Palace in 12 months.
Following their royal exit, Harry and Meghan will no longer be able to actively use their 'HRH' titles and will no longer receive funding from the Sovereign Grant. They will also no longer represent the Queen or Commonwealth and plan to launch a non-profit organisation that will also introduce their new 'brand' no longer being allowed to use their well-known Sussex Royal label due to issues with the use of the word 'royal'.
While the final agreement is a far cry from the half-in half-out approach the couple had initially hoped for, Prince Harry has said he does not regret the decision to step back saying he felt he had "no option but to leave" when it came to protecting his family.
- Celebrity NewsJay-Jay Feeney and Paul Flynn: our perfect friendship
Woman's DayJan 08, 2021
- CompetitionsWin a double pass to our exclusive screening of Penguin Bloom
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyDec 27, 2020
- Celebrity NewsRobert Rakete's Christmas plans: 'It'll be a breeze!'
Woman's DayDec 25, 2020
- Celebrity NewsJase, Toni & Sam get festive with their four-legged friends
Woman's DayDec 21, 2020
- FamilyThe Terrace at Sylvia Park - what's on offer at this new dining destination
Now To LoveDec 16, 2020
- Celebrity NewsShortland Street's Ben Barrington and Ngahuia Piripi's Christmas celebrations
Woman's DayDec 16, 2020
- Celebrity NewsWendy Petrie and Matty McLean's festive cheer: 'Our hearts are so full'
Woman's DayDec 15, 2020
- Celebrity NewsKanoa Lloyd and Mike McRoberts' best Christmas ever
Woman's DayDec 14, 2020
- Celebrity NewsSoon I’ll be a dad to three under three! Sam Wallace shares his hopes and fears
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyDec 11, 2020
- Celebrity NewsCarolyn Keep's little miracle: 'The baby I never thought I'd have'
Woman's DayDec 10, 2020
- RoyalsMeghan Markle reveals she miscarried her second child in a powerful personal essay
Now To LoveNov 26, 2020
- CompetitionsWin a Farro Hamper and a double pass to Happiest Season
Now To LoveNov 25, 2020
- CompetitionsWin the Ultimate Teeth Whitening Prize Pack thanks to Colgate Optic White
Woman's DayNov 23, 2020