Since announcing her engagement to Prince Harry and officially becoming the newest member of the royal family, Meghan Markle has stepped up her fashion game, staying true to her personal style while also mastering the art of diplomatic dressing.
Whether she's chosen a knit from Marks & Spencer or an elegant shift dress from luxury label Goat, we can state with certainty that whatever she's wearing will sell out in a matter of moments – and maybe even bring down the brand's website through the sheer scale of the demand.
Now, the 'Meghan effect' is being celebrated in an entirely new way: with a Teen Choice Award nomination.
Meghan is the first royal to receive such a nod, and has been nominated in the Choice Style Icon category ahead of the 2018 ceremony.
Praised by the Awards for her 'elegance, style and grace,' she'll be going head to head with former Gossip Girl star Blake Lively, an actress with such assured fashion clout that she's not averse to packing seven outfit changes into one day.
As well as shouting out the world's most fashionable celebrities, the Teen Choice Awards also celebrate music, film and TV, and - unlike more traditional awards like the Oscars or the Golden Globes - are voted for by the public.
This year's Style Icon category is certainly an eclectic one: Meghan will also face competition from Black Panther's Chadwick Boseman, The Greatest Showman's Zendaya, Migos (the nomination doesn't specify which member, so we're guessing that it's a joint honour) and Gucci poster boy Harry Styles.
Voting is already open to the public on Twitter, and given the size of Meghan's global fanbase (it's believed that over two billion people worldwide tuned in to watch her marry Prince Harry on May 19th), she may well be in with a chance of winning a surfboard-shaped award – although the chances of her actually attending the California ceremony are pretty slim.
We'll have to wait until August 1st to find out...
- BodyA cup of coffee a day could be the secret to burning fat
Now To LoveToday 2:00pm
- CareerThe Chicks Suzanne Lynch on nearing 70 and life being more exciting than ever
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 10:00am
- FamilyMental health advocate Mike King opens up about his daughter Alex following in his footsteps
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:41am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan has upgraded her engagement ring from Prince Harry
Now To LoveToday 9:15am
- FamilyThe woman who supported Arthur Taylor through four decades in prison
Woman's DayToday 8:30am
- TVThe Block NZ Firehouse contestants Stacy and Adam's biggest challenge
Woman's DayYesterday 11:39am
- RoyalsSarah Ferguson brings to light one of the royal family's saddest tales from the past
Now To LoveYesterday 11:39am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan reveals how she made her royal wedding to Prince Harry feel ‘intimate’
Now To LoveYesterday 9:30am
- Food & DrinksCassidy in the Kitchen: Bravo NZ host Cassidy Morris's easy peanut butter cups
Now To LoveYesterday 8:47am
- RelationshipsDWTS judge Camilla Sacre-Dallerup's romantic Queenstown escape with her husband
Woman's DayYesterday 8:35am
- MindWestside's Antonia Prebble talks motherhood, career and how she nurtures her mind, body and soul
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 8:00am
- BodyHow to best take care of your skin in cold winter weather
Now To LoveYesterday 7:30am
- Destinations CitiesThe intrepid Kiwi couple in their sixties who trekked 700km across Jordan
The Australian Women's WeeklyJun 23, 2019