As she left St Mary's Hospital with her newborn son, Catherine, the Duchess of Cambridge, chanelled Princess Diana in a subtle but special way.
Despite having just given birth, Duchess Catherine looked flawless in a red Jenny Packham dress with a white collar, almost identical to the dress Princess Diana wore after giving birth to Prince Harry.
Kate never met Diana, who tragically died at the age of 36, but her clothing choice is a very deliberate nod to the mother-in-law she never knew.
Prince William, who was 15 when his mum died, talks to Prince George and Princess Charlotte about "Granny Diana" regularly.
In a recent documentary, Diana, Our Mother: Her Life and Legacy, the Prince said he has lots of photos up of her in his home.
"It's hard because obviously Catherine didn't know her, so she cannot really provide that — that level of detail," he said. "So, I do [when] regularly putting George or Charlotte to bed, talk about her and just try and remind them that there are two grandmothers, there were two grandmothers in their lives, and so it's important that they know who she was and that she existed."
In the documentary he also joked that Diana would have taken to being a grandmother a bit too well.
"She'd be a nightmare grandmother, absolute nightmare," he said. "She'd love the children to bits, but she'd be an absolute nightmare. She'd come and go and she'd come in probably at bath time, cause an amazing amount of scene, bubbles everywhere, bathwater all over the place and — and then leave."
That assertion was backed up by Sarah Ferguson, the Duchess of York, who in this 2015 interview said Diana would have been the "naughtiest" grandmother.
"[Diana] would have just been the naughtiest, funniest and the best ever just because she loved her boys so much and she would be so proud of all of them and what they've achieved," she said.
Before Princess Diana's untimely death in 1997, the Duchess of York was exceptionally close to the Princess, who was also her fourth cousin.
WATCH: Prince William and Duchess of Cambridge leave hospital with their newborn son
- CompetitionsWin one of five prize packs from Arnott’s worth $100
Good Health ChoicesToday 8:00am
- CareerTech-savvy granny: Meet Val, a social media queen at 90
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 8:00am
- RoyalsInside a play date with Prince George and Princess Charlotte at Kensington Palace
Now To LoveYesterday 3:40pm
- PetsThe online pet product delivery service that just made your life easier
Now To LoveYesterday 2:00pm
- RoyalsIs this a clue that Duchess Meghan is relaunching her lifestyle blog The Tig?
Now To LoveYesterday 11:15am
- CareerFrom Shortland Street to water births: Katherine McRae's new focus
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:09am
- RoyalsNew book details the lives of the photographers who captured the royals behind closed doors
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- FamilyNadene Lomu's tearful confession: Pushed to breaking point after Jonah's death
Woman's DayYesterday 7:45am
- EntertainmentWoman's Day Bonds X-Temp hottest media hunk has been crowned
Woman's DaySep 16, 2019