As she left St Mary's Hospital with her newborn son, Catherine, the Duchess of Cambridge, chanelled Princess Diana in a subtle but special way.
Despite having just given birth, Duchess Catherine looked flawless in a red Jenny Packham dress with a white collar, almost identical to the dress Princess Diana wore after giving birth to Prince Harry.
Kate never met Diana, who tragically died at the age of 36, but her clothing choice is a very deliberate nod to the mother-in-law she never knew.
Prince William, who was 15 when his mum died, talks to Prince George and Princess Charlotte about "Granny Diana" regularly.
In a recent documentary, Diana, Our Mother: Her Life and Legacy, the Prince said he has lots of photos up of her in his home.
"It's hard because obviously Catherine didn't know her, so she cannot really provide that — that level of detail," he said. "So, I do [when] regularly putting George or Charlotte to bed, talk about her and just try and remind them that there are two grandmothers, there were two grandmothers in their lives, and so it's important that they know who she was and that she existed."
In the documentary he also joked that Diana would have taken to being a grandmother a bit too well.
"She'd be a nightmare grandmother, absolute nightmare," he said. "She'd love the children to bits, but she'd be an absolute nightmare. She'd come and go and she'd come in probably at bath time, cause an amazing amount of scene, bubbles everywhere, bathwater all over the place and — and then leave."
That assertion was backed up by Sarah Ferguson, the Duchess of York, who in this 2015 interview said Diana would have been the "naughtiest" grandmother.
"[Diana] would have just been the naughtiest, funniest and the best ever just because she loved her boys so much and she would be so proud of all of them and what they've achieved," she said.
Before Princess Diana's untimely death in 1997, the Duchess of York was exceptionally close to the Princess, who was also her fourth cousin.
WATCH: Prince William and Duchess of Cambridge leave hospital with their newborn son
- WeddingsBride quits job to plan her dream wedding and demands her fiancé get a second job
Now To LoveToday 2:00pm
- BodyKaty Perry and Orlando Bloom's new age secret to staying young
Now To LoveToday 12:30pm
- RoyalsWhy we’re unlikely to see much of Duchess Catherine and Prince William over the coming month
Now To LoveYesterday 12:30pm
- WeddingsA wedding photographer has sparked heated debate after urging wedding guests to put away their phones
Now To LoveYesterday 11:00am
- Real LifeYoung dad's incredible feat to save his family from certain death
Woman's DayYesterday 9:30am
- CareerThe tough Kiwi women who are running organisations that were traditionally 'boys' clubs'
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:17am
- FamilyShortland Street's Laurel Devenie introduces her gorgeous new arrival to the world
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- Relationships9 common dating mistakes - and how you can avoid making them
Now To LoveJul 15, 2019
- TVThe Block NZ's Sophia and Mikaere disqualified after cheating scandal
Now To LoveJul 15, 2019
- FamilyRobbie Magasiva opens up about the devastating loss of his beloved brother Pua
Woman's DayJul 15, 2019